Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Revenge of the Rob-o-bot" Android Pinball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Revenge of the Rob-o-bot" Android Pinball

    Hey all,
    Just wanted any Android Pinball Fans to know about a great new pinball app that released on the 22/12.
    It's called "Revenge of the Rob - o - bot"

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...inball.robobot



    Now available on Android (its non Tegra reliant, works great on Htc Desire spec or better device).

    It's a 50's themed space robot attacks earth DMD style table with a good challenge level, and a really polished feel, and a ridiculously cheap price in the market (< $1).

    I play a lot of Zen and Pinball Arcade and think anyone who likes these, would love this.

    Check it out!
    Last edited by Nik Barbour; 12-24-2012, 10:52 AM.

  • #2
    The physics in this game feels very real and it has portrait mode (something I really miss in arcade pinball) but only a moving camera. For me it is too bumpy with a moving camera...
    So all in all it is a good game but for me personally no pinball game matches Zen Pinball at the moment....

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jojolino View Post
      The physics in this game feels very real and it has portrait mode (something I really miss in arcade pinball) but only a moving camera. For me it is too bumpy with a moving camera...
      So all in all it is a good game but for me personally no pinball game matches Zen Pinball at the moment....
      I am quite enjoying it even though there are many times were the ball just goes straight down the middle. Very nicely done without going overboard.
      XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

      Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

      Discord server - PinStratsDan

      Twitter - PinStratsDan

      Facebook - PinStratsDan

      Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jojolino View Post
        The physics in this game feels very real and it has portrait mode (something I really miss in arcade pinball) but only a moving camera. For me it is too bumpy with a moving camera...
        So all in all it is a good game but for me personally no pinball game matches Zen Pinball at the moment....
        The new update for tpa was supposed to fix that, but it doesn't seem to have worked. However, if you hold phone in portrait view during specific table start up menu, it'll play in portrait view. Ya just can't change it during gameplay. Not sure if that's the same with tablets.

        And yeah, its a cool table, as are tpa tables, but agreed....NO other pin game matches Zen Pinball..period !
        Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 12-26-2012, 10:53 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cloda View Post
          I am quite enjoying it even though there are many times were the ball just goes straight down the middle. Very nicely done without going overboard.
          To add directional nudging in addition to the existing up nudging would definitely reduce frustration, but on the other hand, i'm always complaining digital pinball is too easy (some games taking many hours) this makes a refreshing more brutal challenge!

          Comment


          • #6
            Hey,

            Got a Google Alert from this page. I'm one of the devs of this game, so please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions, and if you find any bugs of course

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by anders View Post
              Hey,

              Got a Google Alert from this page. I'm one of the devs of this game, so please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions, and if you find any bugs of course
              Hey Anders - loving this table, hoping there will be more to come.

              Only request for me would be directional nudging with an option for it to be screen touch (as opposed to shake) similar to 'Pinball Arcade'.

              Physics and lighting are awesome!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nik Barbour View Post
                Hey Anders - loving this table, hoping there will be more to come.

                Only request for me would be directional nudging with an option for it to be screen touch (as opposed to shake) similar to 'Pinball Arcade'.

                Physics and lighting are awesome!
                More tables are planned I guess it just depends on how well Robobot does.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by anders View Post
                  Hey,

                  Got a Google Alert from this page. I'm one of the devs of this game, so please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions, and if you find any bugs of course
                  Hi Anders! Happy to have you here! I will definitely have to check out your game- who can resist pinball!?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I hate to be the one to bring this up, but do I have to mention that this table looks like the biggest ripoff of a Zen table yet? Where do I even begin with this table and Earth Defense. I'm sure it wasn't intentional (who knows), but come on... I suppose you could say this "theme" is popular, and that everyone should have a chance to do something with it, but even the layout and object placements are similar.

                    That aside, if only I had an android phone I'd totally check it out.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by snakeman07 View Post
                      I hate to be the one to bring this up, but do I have to mention that this table looks like the biggest ripoff of a Zen table yet? Where do I even begin with this table and Earth Defense. I'm sure it wasn't intentional (who knows), but come on... I suppose you could say this "theme" is popular, and that everyone should have a chance to do something with it, but even the layout and object placements are similar.

                      That aside, if only I had an android phone I'd totally check it out.
                      Do you really think the table layout is a copy of Earth Defense? Sorry, can't see it, they look totally different to me. I can assure you we haven't even seen that table until now, but you are all free to form you own opinion of course. We found inspiration from Transformers (which we played with a lot as kids) and one of the greatest pinball tables ever, Funhouse (Rudy).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by anders View Post
                        Do you really think the table layout is a copy of Earth Defense? Sorry, can't see it, they look totally different to me. I can assure you we haven't even seen that table until now, but you are all free to form you own opinion of course. We found inspiration from Transformers (which we played with a lot as kids) and one of the greatest pinball tables ever, Funhouse (Rudy).
                        All tables take inspiration from other tables so that is not an issue at all for me. I really do enjoy your table but man its hard! It is perfect though for me on Android because I can feel I had a good game and be satisfied with a 10min game. I have made the leaderboard which I am happy about and have completed 3 missions in one game so still have lots to aim for before I am satisfied that I have mastered the table.
                        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

                        Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

                        Discord server - PinStratsDan

                        Twitter - PinStratsDan

                        Facebook - PinStratsDan

                        Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cloda View Post
                          All tables take inspiration from other tables so that is not an issue at all for me. I really do enjoy your table but man its hard! It is perfect though for me on Android because I can feel I had a good game and be satisfied with a 10min game. I have made the leaderboard which I am happy about and have completed 3 missions in one game so still have lots to aim for before I am satisfied that I have mastered the table.
                          Oh yeah, definitely! It's hard to make something truly unique and you can always find references to other things if you look closely whatever you look at, may it be cars, phones, games etc.

                          We think the difficulty is up to par to real life tables and are quite happy with it. Pinball is hard. I encourage everyone to play on a real table for comparison. You are not very likely to play 60+ mins on a real table (but there are many who like that kind of stuff -- we just don't). Plus, the shorter realistic playtime fits better for mobile devices where you usually play for shorter sessions on the bus, when using the toilet etc.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by anders View Post
                            Oh yeah, definitely! It's hard to make something truly unique and you can always find references to other things if you look closely whatever you look at, may it be cars, phones, games etc.

                            We think the difficulty is up to par to real life tables and are quite happy with it. Pinball is hard. I encourage everyone to play on a real table for comparison. You are not very likely to play 60+ mins on a real table (but there are many who like that kind of stuff -- we just don't). Plus, the shorter realistic playtime fits better for mobile devices where you usually play for shorter sessions on the bus, when using the toilet etc.
                            All true (especially the toilet part ). Until Zen Studios implement a save feature for the Android version I am not very likely to play any table in earnest. I played one game on Tesla and after about 30 min I had to go so had to cancel the game.

                            The one thing about Revenge of the Rob-o-bot is that is annoying me a bit is the fact that the sound is very unstable. Often times I don't hear sounds that I expect to hear or other way around some sounds just get stuck and repeat. Would be great if this could be fixed.
                            XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

                            Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

                            Discord server - PinStratsDan

                            Twitter - PinStratsDan

                            Facebook - PinStratsDan

                            Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cloda View Post
                              All true (especially the toilet part ). Until Zen Studios implement a save feature for the Android version I am not very likely to play any table in earnest. I played one game on Tesla and after about 30 min I had to go so had to cancel the game.

                              The one thing about Revenge of the Rob-o-bot is that is annoying me a bit is the fact that the sound is very unstable. Often times I don't hear sounds that I expect to hear or other way around some sounds just get stuck and repeat. Would be great if this could be fixed.
                              We are aware on the sound issues on Android and are working on them. The sound API on Android is so frustrating to work with, and there are a zillion different Android devices and OS versions out there so it takes a little time. We hope to get a fix out soon though.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X