Transfer Pinball HD to new tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Pinball HD to new tablet?

I was wondering wether I can transfer Pinball HD to a new tablet?
    I am planing to buy a Tegra4 tablet in a few months and I don't really want to buy all tabels again.

Can anyone shine some light on this?

If you use the same Google account you can simply load all your tables by clicking on the shopping cart icon. I have all my tables on two different devices(phone and tablet), it is pretty simple.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, that is quite nice.
      Wonder if it'll work on the OUYA console to be launched in a few months?!

Comment

Only if it comes with Google Play. And afaik it doesn't.
        Also there is no controller support in the Android version (yet).

Comment

Controler

Before the miniHDMI on my tablet died I was able to use my wired x-box controler with zen pinball.
          Without connection to the big screen it still does, but what would be the use, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Acretro View Post
            Before the miniHDMI on my tablet died I was able to use my wired x-box controler with zen pinball.
            Without connection to the big screen it still does, but what would be the use, eh?
            Some people would prefer the use of a contoller as opposed to the touchscreen....it all depends on how you prefer to hold your tablet....my hands will cramp up after awhile & i get the occaisonal eye fatigue...but im also chasing the ball around a 10" screen....i wouldnt mind being able to stand mine up and play at a little more than bent arms distance...although im getting used to it....but i couldnt see much use for a controller on a smaller tab or a phone...

But anyway how did you use a controller? Did you use an app for that? And were you rooted?

Comment

Just plug in...

Nope, I got a stock Acer A500, not rooted, no app to install.
              Running ICS. The acer has a full usb on the side that can take keyboard, mouse, usb-drive or gamepad.
              I was surprised myself that it worked

Comment

Originally posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
                Some people would prefer the use of a contoller as opposed to the touchscreen....it all depends on how you prefer to hold your tablet....my hands will cramp up after awhile & i get the occaisonal eye fatigue...but im also chasing the ball around a 10" screen....i wouldnt mind being able to stand mine up and play at a little more than bent arms distance...although im getting used to it....but i couldnt see much use for a controller on a smaller tab or a phone...

But anyway how did you use a controller? Did you use an app for that? And were you rooted?
                You have limited support for controllers in Zen HD.

As detailed in my BT Keyboard thread, there only basic controls mapped to certain keys.

To get the maximum usability out of a typical game controller, you need a way to map controller key commands to touch screen "taps". For this feature, you need to be rooted. An app that accesses the screen directly and interprets keytaps could be quite malicious if this permission was granted willy nilly.

So you have two main choices. Sixaxis, and USB/BT Joystick Center.

Sixaxis is solely for PS3 controllers. The developer has even gone to the trouble of creating a custom bluetooth stack driver that will enable the PS3 Official Controller to work on Android 4.2.x. The app is very well featured, and the controllers work great.

USB/BT Joystick Center is for pretty much any USB or BT HID. Wii motes, keyboards, XBox wired and wireless, PS3, Mouse. The list is only constrained by the support the controller has on the Bluetooth Stack android uses. This app uses a companion app called Joy2Touch that lets you map touchscreen taps to controller/keyboard buttons. Unfortunately, the dev has openly admitted on his forum that he definitely does not have the time to maintain the app. So what you see is what you get. For what it's worth, you can read the user guide (written by me) at jaredmorgs.github.com. There is also a test app to see if you controller will work.

At the moment Wii motes do not work on Android 4.2.1. Apparently BT HID support will be better in 4.2.2. If you have a way of connecting a USB On-The-Go device to your tablet (under 10 bucks on eBay), you can get around the BT issue.

Hope this info helps.

Comment

Working...
                X