RFE: Make DMD Text Fonts Clearer, and Scroll Speed Slower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE: Make DMD Text Fonts Clearer, and Scroll Speed Slower

I was discussing this with someone the other day, and thought I would mention it here to see what you thought of the idea.

On IRL DMDs, the font sizes are large and the chosen fonts are deliberately visible from a distance.

Zen has taken the opportunity to change up the DMD and bump the resolution of animations somewhat to take advantage of our Monitors and screens. What I've found recently is that the font sizes and animation speeds are just running too fast and they blur unless you track each word as they scroll.

Even if I set the DMD to Large, I still have trouble working out what I need to do on the DMDs when in a mode. The font size ends up being smaller than 5pt, which is just too small to quickly and easily reference while in the midst of a game.

I've had my eyes tested, and I know it's not vision related.

If you guys could bear this in mind for future tables, that would be awesome.

I know you probably can't go back through all the tables and change the fonts and animation speeds due to schedule constraints. If you could think about doing it down the track incrementally, that might be worth considering.

Originally posted by jaredmorgs View Post
    I was discussing this with someone the other day, and thought I would mention it here to see what you thought of the idea.

On IRL DMDs, the font sizes are large and the chosen fonts are deliberately visible from a distance.

Zen has taken the opportunity to change up the DMD and bump the resolution of animations somewhat to take advantage of our Monitors and screens. What I've found recently is that the font sizes and animation speeds are just running too fast and they blur unless you track each word as they scroll.

Even if I set the DMD to Large, I still have trouble working out what I need to do on the DMDs when in a mode. The font size ends up being smaller than 5pt, which is just too small to quickly and easily reference while in the midst of a game.

I've had my eyes tested, and I know it's not vision related.

If you guys could bear this in mind for future tables, that would be awesome.

I know you probably can't go back through all the tables and change the fonts and animation speeds due to schedule constraints. If you could think about doing it down the track incrementally, that might be worth considering.
    I dig it! Definitely would make the table/missions easier to figure out - thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Working...
    X