Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Play Services Snafu

Hi There,

I have a problem. I have deliberately deleted my Google+ profile because I do not want Google+ participation and it's social media services. I made sure that I would still be able to upload and access my photos through Google Photo etc. and also made sure I was not killing my actual e-mail...no problem, all good there.

Seems that Google Play Services however is tied to Google+. I'm now totally unable to log onto my account through Zen Pinball and see where I am with my progress against all you pinball wizards and THAT pisses me off severely.

Google Play services SHOULD BE SEPARATE from Google+. I do not think that it is unreasonable to want to see how you are going against others without having to buy into the entire social media pie. Yes, I know you can customise it, but that assumes you want an account at all. I don't want an account.

If anyone has any solutions to this, please I'd love to hear them.

Cheers!

SmokinAussie

Originally posted by SmokinAussie View Post
    Hi There,

I have a problem. I have deliberately deleted my Google+ profile because I do not want Google+ participation and it's social media services. I made sure that I would still be able to upload and access my photos through Google Photo etc. and also made sure I was not killing my actual e-mail...no problem, all good there.

Seems that Google Play Services however is tied to Google+. I'm now totally unable to log onto my account through Zen Pinball and see where I am with my progress against all you pinball wizards and THAT pisses me off severely.

Google Play services SHOULD BE SEPARATE from Google+. I do not think that it is unreasonable to want to see how you are going against others without having to buy into the entire social media pie. Yes, I know you can customise it, but that assumes you want an account at all. I don't want an account.

If anyone has any solutions to this, please I'd love to hear them.

Cheers!

SmokinAussie
    Sorry - the current setup requires a G+ account to add friends and all that. You can set it up to be private (it won't post to your G+ page, etc) but you can still have the friends/leaderboard functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
      Sorry - the current setup requires a G+ account to add friends and all that. You can set it up to be private (it won't post to your G+ page, etc) but you can still have the friends/leaderboard functionality.
      Yep, Barbie is right. Setting your profile to fully private is really the only solution.

I know Google is decoupling many services from G+, but I don't think GPS is going to be one of them.

Comment

Yes, so I have found out.

However, now I have activated my G+ and I can't log in. I choose the e-mail address for the account and all I get is a "Please Wait" window. I have checked my G+ and confirmed that Zen Pinball has access and permissions to connect. When I go into Google Play Services on my device, it also says Zen Pinball has permission, although it has no scores.

Those scores are all still in the Zen Pinball app. I just want to be able to log on and see if those scores upload, or whether I have to start again. I remember when we were forced to change over from swarm, there was a one time tool used to transfer all the scores. Is there a tool that can repopulate all the game date into GPS???

Please advise.

Cheers!

SA

Comment

Still Broke

Hi,

I'm still unable to log in. I've tried everything I know of. I can't get access even though GPS says Zen PB has full access.

Very sad and frustrated.

Please help

Comment

Working...
          X