This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffy777
    • Nov 2011

It is the best pinball on iOS for sure. Just wish it ran a little better on my iPad 1......any chance the frame rate will be optimized in an update?

Comment

• jeffy777
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by lettuce
      Just downloaded now, seems to perform well enough on the ipad 1 or though the frame rate takes a hit on Captain America table, also £1.49 per table!!!, seems abit steep to me seeing as the going rate for a game on the app store is 69p!!

Also still no full screen view!, wtf Zen!!!???
      As a test, try turning off the Dot Matrix Display on the Captain America table. I know it's not ideal, but for me it makes the table MUCH smoother (on all tables).....hopefully Zen can optimize the performance in an update.

Comment

• jeffy777
        • Nov 2011

After more testing, turning off the Dot Matrix Display boosts performance more than anything else on iPad 1, which sucks, but at least there's a way to make it smoother. Turning off Arcade Effects doesn't seem to help much.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a performance update from Zen since even some iPad 2 and 4S users are reporting some choppiness.
        Last edited by jeffy777; 12-01-2011, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• jeffy777
          • Nov 2011

So can you guys make a lower res version of the DMD or optimize it somehow because playing with it turned off definitely makes the game run smoother. Other users have confirmed this as well on the Touch Arcade forum...thanks.

Comment

• Arkeologen
            • Nov 2009

Great idea to release Zen Pinball on iOS!
            One of my favorite games on PSN.
            Sadly it doesn't work that well on my iPhone 3GS with latest iOS.
            Most of the text is way too small in menus.
            And when I play there is a big box that never disappears when I play.
            Making it unplayable since 1/3 of the tiny screen is covered. See picture below.

Are these known bugs that will be fixed?

Comment

• jeffy777
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by jeffy777
              After more testing, turning off the Dot Matrix Display boosts performance more than anything else on iPad 1, which sucks, but at least there's a way to make it smoother. Turning off Arcade Effects doesn't seem to help much.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a performance update from Zen since even some iPad 2 and 4S users are reporting some choppiness.
              So can you guys make a lower res version of the DMD or optimize it somehow because playing with it turned off definitely makes the game run smoother. Other users have confirmed this as well on the Touch Arcade forum...thanks.
              Just wondering if I can get a reply from Zen on this? The Android forum is getting support replies, but unfortunately I can't seem to get any support here...

Comment

• shogun00
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Arkeologen
                Making it unplayable since 1/3 of the tiny screen is covered. See picture below.
                There should be an option to turn off the notifications (the PS3 version has it). I also suggest turning off the DMD as well. That should make it easier to see the table.

Comment

• Solitude
                  KickBeaten Down
                  • Mar 2010

Just wondering if I can get a reply from Zen on this? The Android forum is getting support replies, but unfortunately I can't seem to get any support here...
                  Performance is something we're looking at on both iOS and Android. There's nothing specific we can recommend in the short term.

Comment

• Solitude
                    KickBeaten Down
                    • Mar 2010

Great idea to release Zen Pinball on iOS!
                    One of my favorite games on PSN.
                    Sadly it doesn't work that well on my iPhone 3GS with latest iOS.
                    Most of the text is way too small in menus.

Are these known bugs that will be fixed?
                    The box can be turned off in the Settings -> Video menu. Turn Challenge Display to Off.

Comment

• Arkeologen
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by shogun00
                      There should be an option to turn off the notifications (the PS3 version has it). I also suggest turning off the DMD as well. That should make it easier to see the table.

Thanks, found it. Makes the game playable for me. As well as turning of the Arcade effects.

But the text in menus is still a problem.

There should be an option for changing the text size or make it change size depending on iOS-machine.
                      Last edited by Solitude; 12-23-2011, 09:22 PM. Reason: removed image that doesn't load properly

Comment

• shogun00
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Feb 2011

There should be an option for changing the text size or make it change size depending on iOS-machine.
                        Or give you the option to zoom in.

Comment

• Solitude
                          KickBeaten Down
                          • Mar 2010

Thanks for the suggestion. You definitely have a point. We'll put it on our (increasingly large) to-do list.

Comment

• jeffy777
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Solitude
                            Performance is something we're looking at on both iOS and Android. There's nothing specific we can recommend in the short term.
                            Thanks for the reply! Turning off the DMD definitely improves performance, but it's not as fun to play with it off, so hopefully that's something specific you can optimize. Keep up the good work
                            Last edited by jeffy777; 12-02-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• graymalkin
                              • Dec 2011

Congratulations on a great release!

I picked up Zen Pinball on release day, after a minute of game play I purchased the additional two tables (scorcerer's liar my favorite). After playing on my iPhone (4) I went back and purchased all but 2 (mars and ms splossion man) on XBLA for FX2. Hard to beleive I'm putting aside most of my retail games (BF3, COD3, etc...) to play pinball. Much kudos to a great game, I look forward to the release of more tables on all the availble platforms!

I need to go 5-star review this game! Thank you Zen Studios!

Comment

• Solitude
                                KickBeaten Down
                                • Mar 2010

I'm glad you're enjoying the game! We'll be putting out more tables for both platforms soon!

Comment

Working...