X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitude
    replied
    Originally posted by Arkeologen View Post
    Great idea to release Zen Pinball on iOS!
    One of my favorite games on PSN.
    Sadly it doesn't work that well on my iPhone 3GS with latest iOS.
    Most of the text is way too small in menus.
    And when I play there is a big box that never disappears when I play.
    Making it unplayable since 1/3 of the tiny screen is covered. See picture below.

Are these known bugs that will be fixed?
    The box can be turned off in the Settings -> Video menu. Turn Challenge Display to Off.

Leave a comment:

• Solitude
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffy777 View Post
    Just wondering if I can get a reply from Zen on this? The Android forum is getting support replies, but unfortunately I can't seem to get any support here...
    Performance is something we're looking at on both iOS and Android. There's nothing specific we can recommend in the short term.

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by Arkeologen View Post
    Making it unplayable since 1/3 of the tiny screen is covered. See picture below.
    There should be an option to turn off the notifications (the PS3 version has it). I also suggest turning off the DMD as well. That should make it easier to see the table.

Leave a comment:

• jeffy777
    replied
    After more testing, turning off the Dot Matrix Display boosts performance more than anything else on iPad 1, which sucks, but at least there's a way to make it smoother. Turning off Arcade Effects doesn't seem to help much.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a performance update from Zen since even some iPad 2 and 4S users are reporting some choppiness.
    So can you guys make a lower res version of the DMD or optimize it somehow because playing with it turned off definitely makes the game run smoother. Other users have confirmed this as well on the Touch Arcade forum...thanks.
    Just wondering if I can get a reply from Zen on this? The Android forum is getting support replies, but unfortunately I can't seem to get any support here...

Leave a comment:

• Arkeologen
    replied
    Great idea to release Zen Pinball on iOS!
    One of my favorite games on PSN.
    Sadly it doesn't work that well on my iPhone 3GS with latest iOS.
    Most of the text is way too small in menus.

Are these known bugs that will be fixed?

Leave a comment:

• jeffy777
    replied
    So can you guys make a lower res version of the DMD or optimize it somehow because playing with it turned off definitely makes the game run smoother. Other users have confirmed this as well on the Touch Arcade forum...thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jeffy777
    replied
    After more testing, turning off the Dot Matrix Display boosts performance more than anything else on iPad 1, which sucks, but at least there's a way to make it smoother. Turning off Arcade Effects doesn't seem to help much.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a performance update from Zen since even some iPad 2 and 4S users are reporting some choppiness.
    Last edited by jeffy777; 12-01-2011, 09:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jeffy777
    replied
    Originally posted by lettuce View Post
    Just downloaded now, seems to perform well enough on the ipad 1 or though the frame rate takes a hit on Captain America table, also £1.49 per table!!!, seems abit steep to me seeing as the going rate for a game on the app store is 69p!!

Also still no full screen view!, wtf Zen!!!???
    As a test, try turning off the Dot Matrix Display on the Captain America table. I know it's not ideal, but for me it makes the table MUCH smoother (on all tables).....hopefully Zen can optimize the performance in an update.

Leave a comment:

• jeffy777
    replied
    It is the best pinball on iOS for sure. Just wish it ran a little better on my iPad 1......any chance the frame rate will be optimized in an update?

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by lettuce View Post
    Just downloaded now, seems to perform well enough on the ipad 1 or though the frame rate takes a hit on Captain America table,
    Originally posted by GordLacey View Post
    I noticed a little bit of a stutter playing the tables on an iPad 2 and iPhone 4S until I rebooted the device. Now it only stutters when I have a multi-ball. Hopefully that'll be tweaked in the future.
    Try turning off the "Arcade Effects". That should improve the frame rate. The special effects require more processing power and can boggle things down.

Leave a comment:

• GordLacey
    replied
    For me, the price per table is perfectly fine. I used to drop money in pinball machines for years, so to own a table for a couple of bucks, and be able to play it at any time, is one heck of a deal, even when I already own all these tables on the PS3.

I noticed a little bit of a stutter playing the tables on an iPad 2 and iPhone 4S until I rebooted the device. Now it only stutters when I have a multi-ball. Hopefully that'll be tweaked in the future.

Leave a comment:

• lettuce
    replied
    Just downloaded now, seems to perform well enough on the ipad 1 or though the frame rate takes a hit on Captain America table, also £1.49 per table!!!, seems abit steep to me seeing as the going rate for a game on the app store is 69p!!

Also still no full screen view!, wtf Zen!!!???

Leave a comment:

• GordLacey
    replied
    I was extremely impressed with the new table rules. I've often found Zen's rules to be a little bit confusing, but the new animations make it clear what has to be hit to trigger whatever mode.

Look for me on the leaderboards - BlueFrog

Leave a comment:

• ShoryukenToTheChin
    replied
    Nice to know that you are enjoying it, soon there will be no excuse for any of us not playing Pinball

Leave a comment:

• X DrLobo
    replied
    Ok got it ... for some reason i couldn't access the 'store' ingame and get the other tables ....

Anyway i only have ipod touch so it's very small, maybe i'll pass on this one.

all in all it seems more fluid on the ipod than on the tegra 2 tablet... so i guess ipad would be the best gameplay experience for this release !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X