Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic 4 coming...

...when?

I think this app is the one I play the most and I love the tables you release. Seeing that a new one was "coming soon" has had me refreshing the app a few times a day for the past 9 days. I need to know when "soon" is please!?

Also, in reading other threads, I understand that you are not staffed to release new tables on the iOS platform on a regular basis right now...can we expect that to change? I see the tables you have out on xbl and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to play them here on the iPad.

Any info would be appreciated
    Thanks

Chris

C'mon guys...no response at all? 50 plus people have looked at the thread because they also want to know the deal....any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

You'll have to way until Thursday or Friday.

Barbie and the other Zen reps are at E3 at the moment.

Comment

I have to agree with Bonowall. The lack of information is very sketchy. It's safe to say that most of us have invested at least 8 bucks if not more into this game and to seemingly be dropped from support or at least to have very sporadic support is pretty crap. Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I play my tables all the time but to lurk on this board for about 4 months and not get a single release in-between that timespan sucks. I feel like us iOS users have been thrown under the bus. We get one table without a release date. Did Zen even have a release timeline planned when they released ZP for iOS? And if so when the hell were we supposed to be getting our releases? From an outsider point of view it looks like the studio has spread itself way to thin with too many projects and as a consumer who pays money to play these games, as well crafted as they are, I'm very disappointed. Sorry for the rant and brash words, just very upset with this release schedule (or seemingly lack thereof).

Comment

Originally posted by MisterOwl View Post
          Did Zen even have a release timeline planned when they released ZP for iOS?
          Their release schedule has always been, "we'll release it when it's ready." It's not uncommon to see a 6 month period with no releases. That's how it's been for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions anyways. I'm not surprised that we're seeing the same for the other platforms.

Originally posted by MisterOwl View Post
          From an outsider point of view it looks like the studio has spread itself way to thin with too many projects
          You hit the nail on the head. It also doesn't help that Sony and Microsoft is holding back their major releases in their certification process (approval and bug fixing). There's probably a lot of money and resources (developers, programmers) being tied up at the moment, thanks to Zen Pinball 2 and the Avenger Chronicles still being stuck in certification. As soon as those two titles/tables finally release, then the resources can be moved around to the other platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
            Their release schedule has always been, "we'll release it when it's ready." It's not uncommon to see a 6 month period with no releases. That's how it's been for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions anyways. I'm not surprised that we're seeing the same for the other platforms.

You hit the nail on the head. It also doesn't help that Sony and Microsoft is holding back their major releases in their certification process (approval and bug fixing). There's probably a lot of money and resources (developers, programmers) being tied up at the moment, thanks to Zen Pinball 2 and the Avenger Chronicles still being stuck in certification. As soon as those two titles/tables finally release, then the resources can be moved around to the other platforms.
            I really appreciate you responding and clearing some of that up. I just really hope these certifications get finished sometime soon. As much as I love all of the current tables, a few new ones wouldn't hurt

Comment

I wonder if zen will fix the bugs that were present in the console versions of fantastic 4 for the iOS port.

Comment

Hey zen admin....are we really going to go another week without any update or acknowledgement that there are any paying subscribers on the ios platform waiting to know what "coming soon" means?! I am not trying to be rude but I think we are past the point of niceties.

Last week the excuse was that you were at E3 promoting 3d games which is great but all we needed some understanding of what will or won't happen for iPod.

Thanks and I apologize for the tone...in fact it's a phenomenal game and it frustrates me to be teased with newer tables only to be left in the dark.

Thanks

Comment

Hey, sorry for the delay, bad timing as we were in LA for E3 all last week. Still combing through the forums trying to find out what I missed.

Currently, we're waiting for Apple to give us a thumbs up, it's in submission, and it looks good so far. We're hoping to have Fantastic 4 out this week

Also, the Apple ID login bug will be fixed with the update!

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                    Hey, sorry for the delay, bad timing as we were in LA for E3 all last week. Still combing through the forums trying to find out what I missed.

Currently, we're waiting for Apple to give us a thumbs up, it's in submission, and it looks good so far. We're hoping to have Fantastic 4 out this week

Also, the Apple ID login bug will be fixed with the update!
                    thank you very very much.

Comment

Glad to hear the login bug will be fixed. Though when I deleted and reinstalled the app it seemed to resolve the issue for me. Any word on scores erased from the leaderboards? Any other bug fixes for other tables coming out with this update? Hopefully we can get some game center integration soon. Has zen heard about the challenge feature coming to gamecenter in iOS 6?

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...cebook-connect

Seems like a cool feature though I will pass on the facebook integration with gamecenter. I hate facebook. It's the biggest problem I have with the Pinball Arcade app.
                      Last edited by surf1der; 06-12-2012, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Great news! Thanks for the update.

Comment

Is the retina display support for the new iPad comming with the update?

Comment

Originally posted by Retrogammer1977SB View Post
                            That would be totally awesome! I was wondering about that as well.
                            PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                            Gamertag- RAFIE82
                            YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                            Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Originally posted by Retrogammer1977SB View Post
                              I know we are planning on it, but I don't know if it will be in this next update or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X