Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantastic 4 coming...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Any news on Fantastic 4? Will we be getting it over the weekend or is it looking like next week? Got a long train journey this afternoon and need something to keep me entertained! Getting bored of some of the other tables!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Coffee_n_Donuts View Post
      Any news on Fantastic 4? Will we be getting it over the weekend or is it looking like next week? Got a long train journey this afternoon and need something to keep me entertained! Getting bored of some of the other tables!
      Right now it's looking like next week. SO FRUSTRATING! That is the fun of digital publishing, we send it off to the first party (Apple, in this case) and we wait.

      Comment


      • #18
        I will go to my grave never having seen Fantastic Four on ios (A.K.A. What the %€*¥ is Apple doing?!) Too many "soccer"-related apps to approve, I guess, after all, there is a shortage of those.......

        Comment


        • #19
          Any time frame on when the update will release? I thought app approval process took about a week, two weeks max. The only time I have heard of long waits for app certification is usually when a big iOS firmware upgrade comes along and everybody is trying to upgrade their apps to be compatible with the new update.

          Comment


          • #20
            Supposedly at the end of the week... cross your fingers!

            Comment


            • #21
              I'm struggling to understand the delays. As a comparison, Farsight released their June table pack for Pinball Arcade last Thursday. A few bugs were spotted over the following 24 hours. They said they'd update it and hey did. The update was released yesterday just 6 days after the initial release.

              Why then are we still waiting for an update to fix problems that were spotted in Febuary and reported and subsequently acknowledged on this forum?

              It just seems like the support for iOS has slipped. No tables released for ages, as opposed to monthly table packs from Farsight, and they're a small studio pushing their game on all platforms.

              I love both Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade, I just wish Zen were as on the ball as Farsight.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Coffee_n_Donuts View Post
                I'm struggling to understand the delays. As a comparison, Farsight released their June table pack for Pinball Arcade last Thursday. A few bugs were spotted over the following 24 hours. They said they'd update it and hey did. The update was released yesterday just 6 days after the initial release.

                Why then are we still waiting for an update to fix problems that were spotted in Febuary and reported and subsequently acknowledged on this forum?

                It just seems like the support for iOS has slipped. No tables released for ages, as opposed to monthly table packs from Farsight, and they're a small studio pushing their game on all platforms.

                I love both Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade, I just wish Zen were as on the ball as Farsight.

                In fairness to Zen, Farsight was able to get the update expedited. I was curious to find out how they were able to get the update out so fast. They mentioned this on their facebook page. I hate that they only communicate via facebook because i wanted to ask them how they did that. I am sure not all apps are treated the same in the app approval queue. Anyone here really think the official twitter app or angry birds gets put in the back of the line when they sumbit an update? I don't. But i am not sure how farsight was able to do it. Maybe because they are giving away their paid version of the app for free this week. Anyway, I hope the ff table gets released soon.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by surf1der View Post
                  In fairness to Zen, Farsight was able to get the update expedited. I was curious to find out how they were able to get the update out so fast. They mentioned this on their facebook page. I hate that they only communicate via facebook because i wanted to ask them how they did that. I am sure not all apps are treated the same in the app approval queue. Anyone here really think the official twitter app or angry birds gets put in the back of the line when they sumbit an update? I don't. But i am not sure how farsight was able to do it. Maybe because they are giving away their paid version of the app for free this week. Anyway, I hope the ff table gets released soon.
                  Yes but since the last Table/Bug Fix update to Zen Pinball, there have been 6 tables released for Pinball Arcade and multiple bug fix updates. I'm not trying to diss anyone here, just trying to understand why one company is keeping their users happy with regular content and updates while the other doesn't seem to want to play with us!

                  I still play the Marvel tables on Zen but really do we need to wait 4-5 months for a new table release?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by surf1der View Post
                    In fairness to Zen, Farsight was able to get the update expedited. I was curious to find out how they were able to get the update out so fast. They mentioned this on their facebook page. I hate that they only communicate via facebook because i wanted to ask them how they did that.
                    They were able to get it up so quickly because Pinball Arcade is the free app of the week, and was part of a big Apple promotion.

                    BTW, they also post regularly to PinballArcadeFans.com (full disclosure, I am the admin there).

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by GordLacey View Post
                      They were able to get it up so quickly because Pinball Arcade is the free app of the week, and was part of a big Apple promotion.

                      BTW, they also post regularly to PinballArcadeFans.com (full disclosure, I am the admin there).
                      Ha, i guessed correctly then. Is pinballarcadefans.com their official forum? I hate facebook but that seems to be the main place to get info. Deleted my account years ago. I post most of my pinball arcade comments here. zen mods don't seem to mind. But it would be nice to go to a dedicated TPA forum.
                      Last edited by surf1der; 06-23-2012, 03:37 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        This is getting a bit silly. I don't mind waiting three months for an update but when I read week after week that an update is comming that same week and I waste time checking regularly to see if it's up it gets really annoying.
                        Coming soon? Yeah right...

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by surf1der View Post
                          Ha, i guessed correctly then. Is pinballarcadefans.com their official forum?
                          It's not run by FarSight Studios, but a number of them post there (so, it's unofficially official, I guess). Anything of importance from the FB page is discussed on the forum, but you don't get the garbage that you find on the FB page.

                          While the forum is aimed at fans of Pinball Arcade, there are discussions of real tables, other virtual tables, and whatever else. There have been a number of discussions about the Zen games (and it's not people just trashing them). I think you'd find that most people there are fans of pinball, period.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Haleluyah. Awesome table guys thanks!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The annoying log-in bug is still there. Where and what is the problem to fix that?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X