Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spider-man table only in the new "Marvel Pinball" app ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spider-man table only in the new "Marvel Pinball" app ?

    Hi all,

    I've already bought all the tables in Zen Pinball on Ipad, and I'm waiting for new ones, especially the Spider one, and I just saw yesterday that a release of a new app called "Marvel Pinball" came on the AppStore, including the possibility to buy all the Marvel tables, especially Spidey !

    But in Zen Pinball, no trace of this Spidey table ...

    Here's my question : do I inevitably have to buy the Spidey table in Marvel Pinball (and the bad new is that I have to pay 0.89€ for the new Marvel Pinball game (and The Avengers table that I already bought into my Zen Pinball app ...) and 1.79€ for the Spidey table, that would be a real disappointment ! ), or may be is there any chance to see the Spidey table in Zen Pinball ?

    Hoping Spidey will come soon in Zen Pinball where all my tables are, I thank you in advance for your quick answer.
    SoonPoker
    Junior Member
    Last edited by SoonPoker; 06-07-2013, 07:54 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by SoonPoker View Post

    ...do I inevitably have to buy the Spidey table in Marvel Pinball...or may be is there any chance to see the Spidey table in Zen Pinball?...
    My sentiments exactly.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sixbillships View Post
      My sentiments exactly.
      I hope you wrong Sixbillships, because if you're right it means that Zen Studios doesn't take care of their most loyal customers ... And that's not a good point for the futur...

      The best would be that a purchase made in one app could be accessed from the other app. More than "best", it would be "normal" I think ...

      Customers doesn't have to be concerned by late changes made by Zen Studios in their marketing strategy !

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey guys, we always try to do cross play/importing when possible, but because of licensing issues, we could only make the Spider-Man table available within Marvel Pinball. Apologies!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
          Hey guys, we always try to do cross play/importing when possible, but because of licensing issues, we could only make the Spider-Man table available within Marvel Pinball. Apologies!
          So, it will never be released on Google Play for Zen Pinball in the future?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Castle View Post
            So, it will never be released on Google Play for Zen Pinball in the future?
            As far as I know, it won't, which is a total bummer

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
              Hey guys, we always try to do cross play/importing when possible, but because of licensing issues, we could only make the Spider-Man table available within Marvel Pinball. Apologies!
              I believe it is the only missing Marvel table from the iOS Zen Pinball app and I have to admit I don't mind it too much because I think it is weakest of all the Marvel tables (I have it on the ps3), though it is still fun. So I won't mind skipping the Marvel pinball app. It's cool that the Marvel app is only a buck for the Avengers table which normally goes for 2 bucks, like all Marvel tables. However, if I had submitted the app, I would have made Spiderman a buck and made the rest of the Marvel tables IAPs. That way those who had already bought Avengers, and/or all the other Marvel tables, would not have to waste a buck just to pick up Spiderman. That being said, it is only a dollar.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                Hey guys, we always try to do cross play/importing when possible, but because of licensing issues, we could only make the Spider-Man table available within Marvel Pinball. Apologies!
                This is a rare misstep from Zen Studios. I understand why you might want separate apps for Star Wars and for the Marvel stuff. These themed tables are much more visible this way, and you'll probably get a bunch of sales that you might not have otherwise gotten. So no harm, no foul. I’ve already got everything I want right in the main app, inside the Zen Pinball collection, and I don't need to buy anything extra.

                But now you're telling me that "licensing issues" are standing in the way of getting the newest table? I can no longer have everything inside of a single app? Why, all of a sudden, is this now a problem? And is this something that we're going to be seeing more of in the future?

                I’d like to keep buying everything that you make, not just on iOS, but on consoles as well. But I have to admit, this is a pretty disappointing development. The slippery slope that starts here ends up looking a lot like the nonsense with Gameprom, where you have to juggle lots of different collections to keep all of your tables, or you have to purchase your tables again and again to keep them consolidated.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jhamdotme View Post
                  But now you're telling me that "licensing issues" are standing in the way of getting the newest table? I can no longer have everything inside of a single app? Why, all of a sudden, is this now a problem? And is this something that we're going to be seeing more of in the future?
                  You can count on it.

                  When you are working with a large corporate like Marvel, you are going to be dealing with a really complex contract and it's going to contain some oddball clauses. Whatever they say goes and there's no exceptions. Either you oblige to them or the contract will be void and you end up with a huge lawsuit on your hands.

                  Most likely Zen just found a loophole in their contract to be able to release out the Spider-man table on the iOS and Android platforms.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Barbie, do you know if this means we will not be getting any more Marvel tables through the Zen Pinball app? If that's the case, do you know if there is any chance of ever migrating between apps? I switched to Zen originally just for the Marvel tables (way back when the Thor table came out), so I'd hate to be left out now. Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Star Wars too?

                      ...now Im getting that bad feeling that I should have made all my star wars table purchases in the standalone app too! any chance that Zen will allow refunds from the IAP in the main ZP app and allow us to repurchase in the standalone (SW, Marvel) versions? I'd love to play Spider Man but not if I have to pay for Avengers a second time!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jerutix View Post
                        Barbie, do you know if this means we will not be getting any more Marvel tables through the Zen Pinball app? If that's the case, do you know if there is any chance of ever migrating between apps? I switched to Zen originally just for the Marvel tables (way back when the Thor table came out), so I'd hate to be left out now. Thanks!
                        It's just the Spider-man table that won't make it to Zen Pinball. There are some weird technicalities stemming from the fact that Marvel doesn't own all the Spider-man rights.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sounds like Zen has no other choice, but has done us a favour by releasing it in the standalone Marvel app.
                          As regards, having to purchase Avengers twice (if already bought in main app) it depends how much are you willing to pay for Spiderman?
                          I'm UK, and purchasing the standalone Marvel+Avengers & the Spiderman table combined cost me about £2 - No brainer for me.

                          That's less than 1/2 a pint of beer, price of a coffee, a 40th of a tank of unleaded petrol etc.....

                          And hopefully it's just a one off which couldn't be avoided due to licencing.

                          Spiderman plays awesome on Android!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                            It's just the Spider-man table that won't make it to Zen Pinball. There are some weird technicalities stemming from the fact that Marvel doesn't own all the Spider-man rights.
                            So if I understand this correctly, the reason your customers are being asked to pay for a separate download and re-buy a table they already own is because of YOUR issues with licensing?

                            At the very least, either making the base game a free download or including Spider Man - THE TABLE THAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO PUT IN YOUR OTHER APPLICATION DO TO YOUR ISSUES AND NOT YOUR CUSTOMERS' - would be the more appropriate move.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by twopiearr View Post
                              So if I understand this correctly, the reason your customers are being asked to pay for a separate download and re-buy a table they already own is because of YOUR issues with licensing?
                              Not really, like Solitude said above, Marvel doesn't even own the full rights to Spider-Man, so it was either release it this way, or not at all.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X