Today's update crashes on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashes on Startup -- Family account requiring authorization

I recently set up my son's iPad with the new iCloud family account, and Zen pinball won't launch on his iPad. It's an iPad mini 16GB WiFi only, and his iCloud account is set up for authorization of purchases. Zen pinball runs fine on our other two iPad Minis, which are using the regular iCloud accounts -- not the one requiring authorization.

Could the new Family features in iCloud be causing the black screen hang before the splash? I've tried deleting, re-installing, reverting the iPad to factory defaults (iOS 8.3 only, then restore from backup), and none of those techniques has solved the problem.

This is my son's favorite game. He's distraught not to have it available after giving him his own iCloud account.

How can I help debug this behavior?

Comment

Originally posted by esbailey View Post
      I recently set up my son's iPad with the new iCloud family account, and Zen pinball won't launch on his iPad. It's an iPad mini 16GB WiFi only, and his iCloud account is set up for authorization of purchases. Zen pinball runs fine on our other two iPad Minis, which are using the regular iCloud accounts -- not the one requiring authorization.

Could the new Family features in iCloud be causing the black screen hang before the splash? I've tried deleting, re-installing, reverting the iPad to factory defaults (iOS 8.3 only, then restore from backup), and none of those techniques has solved the problem.

This is my son's favorite game. He's distraught not to have it available after giving him his own iCloud account.

I have a mini and I've had lots of weird crashing issues with it (for a few different apps). Let me check with the team and see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by esbailey View Post

Hi again, are you still having this issue? Are you still using iOS 8.3?

If you're still having trouble, try a factory reset without restoring from backup. When the factory reset is complete, try to download ZP from the AppStore (do not login to iCloud). If the game works, you can try to restore the tables from in-game menu. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
        X