X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hillie16
    replied
    Originally posted by Galaron View Post
    I really love Zen Pinball 2, and have been playing it regularly for about 4 years. But the reality for me is that it crashes about 90% of the time. I'm on an iPad Pro 9.7", on iOS 10.2.1, and has routinely crashed for me on previous iPad Air 2 and on my iPad Air. I can only play it reliably in offline mode, but then sometimes some of my high scores are not auto updated.

It's really frustrating because I have purchased 43 tables, which I believe is over $80 lifetime. Yet this is the one app in my dozens and dozens of apps of that routinely and predictable crashes because it simply doesn't know how to handle notifications. I love the new SW: RO table, but it is probably my last. I got up to 250M in a game last night, but because I forgot to go into airplane mode, the game just slows, freezes, and then crashes. I love your guy's product, but, seriously, this bug has existed for *years* and its costing you money. :-(

👆👆👆 what he said

Leave a comment:

• Galaron
    replied
    Hate to say it, but me too

I really love Zen Pinball 2, and have been playing it regularly for about 4 years. But the reality for me is that it crashes about 90% of the time. I'm on an iPad Pro 9.7", on iOS 10.2.1, and has routinely crashed for me on previous iPad Air 2 and on my iPad Air. I can only play it reliably in offline mode, but then sometimes some of my high scores are not auto updated.

It's really frustrating because I have purchased 43 tables, which I believe is over $80 lifetime. Yet this is the one app in my dozens and dozens of apps of that routinely and predictable crashes because it simply doesn't know how to handle notifications. I love the new SW: RO table, but it is probably my last. I got up to 250M in a game last night, but because I forgot to go into airplane mode, the game just slows, freezes, and then crashes. I love your guy's product, but, seriously, this bug has existed for *years* and its costing you money. :-(

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by PinPipe View Post
    Has this problem been solved? Is there another thread about it?
    Experiencing slow downs on all tables from time to time.
    iPad Air 2, newest IOS.
    Thanks for the report! It hasn't been fixed yet, but a good workaround is playing offline. Hoping we have a fix soon.

Leave a comment:

• MBeeching
    replied
    Originally posted by PinPipe View Post
    iPad Air 2, newest IOS.
    The slow down / frame rate drop sounds like thermal throttling. I suspect in severe cases this could lead to a crash.
    Does the iPad Air 2 default to normal or enhanced graphics? If you haven't done so already it may be worth trying the lower setting.

Leave a comment:

• PinPipe
    replied
    Still experiencing slomo

iPad Air 2, newest IOS.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by hillie16 View Post
    All tables. Play one game and you're fine. Play a second, or switch to a different table, and the game slows to a crawl a few minutes after starting. Or just freezes and crashes. On iPad 2, AND a brand new iPad Air 2 with the latest iOS.. Does the same on both devices.
    Thanks for the report - the team is investigating this, and have suggested playing offline in the meantime and see if that helps.

Leave a comment:

• hillie16
    replied
    All tables. Play one game and you're fine. Play a second, or switch to a different table, and the game slows to a crawl a few minutes after starting. Or just freezes and crashes. On iPad 2, AND a brand new iPad Air 2 with the latest iOS.. Does the same on both devices.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaggedsmile View Post
    I came looking for answers to this exact problem. I was happy at first to see that it was being addressed, but then I noticed the search for a solution seems to have stalled out with this last response in January. Any new updates on this VERY frustrating glitch?
    Nothing yet - can you list which tables you have that are affected?

Leave a comment:

• Jaggedsmile
    replied
    Any update on this?

[QUOTE=BarbieBobomb;67803]Sorry nothing to report at the moment. Welcome to the forums, by the way [/QUOTE

I came looking for answers to this exact problem. I was happy at first to see that it was being addressed, but then I noticed the search for a solution seems to have stalled out with this last response in January. Any new updates on this VERY frustrating glitch?

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by epult View Post
    Barbie: I am still having this issue on Sorcerer's Lair and Family Guy...any solution yet?
    Sorry nothing to report at the moment. Welcome to the forums, by the way

Leave a comment:

• epult
    replied
    Same same.

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I'll let you know as soon as I get word on any fix for this.
    Barbie: I am still having this issue on Sorcerer's Lair and Family Guy...any solution yet?

Leave a comment:

• hillie16
    replied
    Originally posted by Fingerjack View Post
    Glitches like this must take some considerable work to fix. After 45 minutes of my first ball of the Empire Strikes Back (in a completely separate app as I could not transfer purchases), the slow-motion glitch for occurred and the Star Wars App Crashed as well.
    Unfortunately, this confirmed that Zen pinball has been rendered useless at this point for me. I cannot make it through any table without it crashing. I did reinstall and restore my purchases and it made no difference. I'm going to save myself the frustration and wait for a patch. Barbie, hopefully you can keep us posted. As you can imagine it's extremely frustrating and I wouldn't care so much if I didn't find the product so fantastic and didn't purchase every table available for IOS. Thanks

I agree. I'm not expecting an instant fix, troubleshooting something like this can be an arduous process. I just hope it DOES get fixed. I LOVE Zen Pinball. If I was stuck on a desert island with one app, this would be it lol.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Fingerjack View Post
    Glitches like this must take some considerable work to fix. After 45 minutes of my first ball of the Empire Strikes Back (in a completely separate app as I could not transfer purchases), the slow-motion glitch for occurred and the Star Wars App Crashed as well.
    Unfortunately, this confirmed that Zen pinball has been rendered useless at this point for me. I cannot make it through any table without it crashing. I did reinstall and restore my purchases and it made no difference. I'm going to save myself the frustration and wait for a patch. Barbie, hopefully you can keep us posted. As you can imagine it's extremely frustrating and I wouldn't care so much if I didn't find the product so fantastic and didn't purchase every table available for IOS. Thanks
    I'll let you know as soon as I get word on any fix for this.

Leave a comment:

• Fingerjack
    replied
    Ugg All tables affected

Leave a comment:

• hillie16
    replied
    After lots of testing it seems I can make it through a first play on most tables, but a restart or two, or switching from one table to another seems to bring it on....memory leak maybe?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X