Thread: Shaman disasters

Default Shaman disasters

I've activated all 4 natural disasters (3 in one game...), but I can't figure out how to finish them. The only one that seems to go away on its own without having to die is the earthquake. I'm not sure about the flood because I was unable to raise the flood waters before dieing.

Fire - I went into the volcano many times after starting this disaster and spelled volcano. I also went up to the mini game and spelled the word EXPLODE a dozen times. I followed the lit ramps, but nothing seemed to change... I don't know how to get the disaster to end so I can start another one.

Wind - I started a tornado and then hit the targets in front of the native. I also hit the side holes many times and once again followed the lighted ramps. I went into the mini game up top and hit the word TYPHOON and got points, but once again the disaster wouldn't end until I lost my ball.

I'm really confused about what to do once I've started these disasters... please help!

EDIT: I found a guy with 100% in this game and he explained to me how to end the disasters, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. For the Fire you have to spell out VOLCANO and then you have to get the ball in all three of the jugglers holes to end it. Apparently you end all disasters by getting in the jugglers holes. For Wind you have to go up the right ramp and then up the left one before getting in the jugglers holes. I'm anxious to try these out later today!
    Last edited by skippycue; 07-17-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Zen Pinball is starting to get in my nerves... mainly because I'm playing shaman over and over hoping the trophy pops up since zen studios won't respond to my inquiry about the requirements for the silver on shaman. The one guy who I found has the trophy out of the top 25 people claims he finished all the disasters after casting them in one game and made sure he didn't press the square button... no idea why changing the view would void the trophy and I'm not sure why he claims that... His english isn't great so maybe I'm misunderstanding him. Here are the current problems I'm having with finishing these disasters:

Water (flood) - You have to create a flood by hitting the outer loops 3 times and then you have to hit the juggler holes. I've only done this once because once you cast the flood it slows the ball down like you're suddenly going through water (frankly everything else about the game mimics a real pinball table so I don't like this aspect of it since that couldn't be done on a real table). Slowing the ball down sounds like a good thing except it takes away all the power... you can barely make it up ramps and it makes it incredibly hard to hit the outer loops successfully! I was able to do this once by ramp grinding, but most times I end up losing the ball because it's not easy to restore your kickbacks in this mode.

Earth (earthquake) - The screen zooms out to the far away view so you can see all the balls and once you lose all the balls except one the earthquake stops like you never did it. Strangely it doesn't say you failed unless you lose that last ball so it's confusing. I have never been able to fill all 3 juggler's holes during multiball because there's just too much going on. It doesn't seem like the earthquake should stop until you lose all the balls which would be consistent with the other 3 disasters (although they aren't multiball, they don't end until you lose your ball).

Fire (volcano) - This one is quite easy once you know what to do. You have to go up to the volcano and spell out volcano. Once you do that the ball should come down orange and then you have to get it in the juggler's holes. It only stays orange for a short time so you will have to go back into the volcano to make it orange again (you don't have to spell out volcano again). You have to get it in a hole when it's orange or it doesnt count. The light for the hole will go out if you do it right.

Wind (tornado) - This is the easiest disaster to complete successfully. All you have to do is hit the left ramp and then the right ramp I believe and then get the ball in all 3 juggler's holes.

The juggler's holes do indeed end each disaster. They light up when it's time to shoot the ball into them and the lights go out as you hit each hole (so you can keep track of which ones you already did).

Anyway, hope this helps for anyone trying to do this... I have not been able to successfully complete them all in one game and starting them all does not appear to reward the trophy.

Although it's been fun talking to myself I now can verify that you DO have to complete all 4 disasters to get the trophy. Not only that, but after you complete all 4 you have to cast a fifth one that pops up! Yeah, it's definitely a tough trophy! I have not done this yet, but I talked to someone who has and he gave me this information.

Thanks for the insight skippy.

I've not spent any real amount of time on Shaman yet, but this information will come in handy when I finally get around to it.

I can confirm now that you have to complete the initial 4 disasters to make a fifth available. After casting the fifth you get the hard earned trophy which I now have! I have posted a video of casting the last disaster here.

Post Cast a spell

Hi there,

quick question. How do you cast a spell? am i saying this right?

1. 1 spell the word element in the upper playfield
    2. after spelling the Word, the target you hit the latest is the disaster you try to cast
    3. lock the ball in one of the cast holes. this will result in a captive ball
    4. i have to hit the captive ball because it should land in a cast hole?

after that should the disaster start?

Quote Originally Posted by RandL07 View Post
    Hi there,

quick question. How do you cast a spell? am i saying this right?

1. 1 spell the word element in the upper playfield
    2. after spelling the Word, the target you hit the latest is the disaster you try to cast
    3. lock the ball in one of the cast holes. this will result in a captive ball
    4. i have to hit the captive ball because it should land in a cast hole?

after that should the disaster start?
    You are basically correct except once you get a captive ball you have to hit it into the holes behind it 4 times to spell CAST and then the disaster is cast. I wrote a full guide explaining this and all the other tables here.

Thanx again for your reply and your guide