Thread: Zen Pinball 3?

Default Zen Pinball 3?

If I remember correctly I think I read an interview with some Zen Studios guy mentioning Zen Pinball 3, but I haven't heard anything since. Has there been any more info on this, like when it's coming out? Will it be on Vita? I hope so, as Zen Pinball on the go is the best thing since sliced bread, which, IMO, is way overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    If I remember correctly I think I read an interview with some Zen Studios guy mentioning Zen Pinball 3, but I haven't heard anything since. Has there been any more info on this, like when it's coming out? Will it be on Vita? I hope so, as Zen Pinball on the go is the best thing since sliced bread, which, IMO, is way overrated.
    Nothing to speak of at the moment, as soon as we have news I'll post it

Any features you'd like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post

Tournaments with extra balls turned off.

Can I chime in here?

At the moment, I want to see something as simple as seeing the trophies of your friends' trophies. Same thing we use to see in Marvel Pinball and PBFX2 (old UI). Let me know when you're ready to discuss tables.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I would love to see actual 1080p assets both graphically and audio wise. And of course more great tables.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

If the leaderboards of the differents platform can be on the site, so we can see the top score outside of the game, it will be fantastic.
    Last edited by Mammouth; 01-11-2016 at 06:33 PM.
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

More trophies per table, like 3 per table, an easy (can get relatively easy through normal play) medium (special mode or difficult trick shot) and hard (wizard).

We already have trophies for the existing tables so don't take up trophy space on ZP3 for them unless you want to add an extra for all the tables that only got 1 like Wild West, CastleStorm, Ant-man, etc. But for all tables that got 2 trophies before, no trophies on ZP3. Save the room for multiple trophies for new tables!

I'd like Zen Pinball 3 to focus more on Zen Studios original tables rather than licences like Marvel and Star Wars. Some of the best tables in my opinion are original ones like Eldorado, Earth Defense, Tesla and Paranormal. I understand that both Star Wars and Marvel Pinball were standalone games on the last gen consoles but Marvel with 21 tables now is overkill (just my opinion) and Star Wars at 11 tables is getting close to that point as well.

What I'd like to see is a game with tables created by Zen Studios and licences used sparingly as one offs like the Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden tables back in the day. Although I think Zen Pinball is the better game, The Pinball Arcade has ZP beaten hands down on variety and choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen220378 View Post
    I'd like Zen Pinball 3 to focus more on Zen Studios original tables rather than licences like Marvel and Star Wars. Some of the best tables in my opinion are original ones like Eldorado, Earth Defense, Tesla and Paranormal. I understand that both Star Wars and Marvel Pinball were standalone games on the last gen consoles but Marvel with 21 tables now is overkill (just my opinion) and Star Wars at 11 tables is getting close to that point as well.

What I'd like to see is a game with tables created by Zen Studios and licences used sparingly as one offs like the Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden tables back in the day. Although I think Zen Pinball is the better game, The Pinball Arcade has ZP beaten hands down on variety and choice.
    Well I love the marvel and Star Wars tables I love the licensed tables better than the originals -- but I like the originals too so I say keep them coming all of them

The marvel pinball is what got me started

And I prefer this to pinball arcade because I love the characters moving and doing things on the table which could never be done in real life -- 1st person Vader battle and Jedi training is just awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    Well I love the marvel and Star Wars tables I love the licensed tables better than the originals -- but I like the originals too so I say keep them coming all of them

The marvel pinball is what got me started

And I prefer this to pinball arcade because I love the characters moving and doing things on the table which could never be done in real life -- 1st person Vader battle and Jedi training is just awesome!
    This right here!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Default Just this one thing....or you could call it two.

A mute button for the main music menu (gets repetitively annoying after awhile) or perhaps a selection of music / ingame table music where ever the cursor is rested on.
    Table wishlist: Tremors, Regular Show, Orphan Black, Lost Girl, Ren & Stimpy, Futurama, Hack/Slash.
    Loki (More villians)
    Moon Knight - werewolves story arc
    Brainscan - Trickster theme.
    Critters, Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, Gremlins, Chucky.
    SAW (billy doll)
    B-movie horror/monsters.
    My Babysitters a Vampire, MONSTER HUNTER, Darkstalkers, Chocobos, Goosebumps.
    Fullmoon Studios themes (i.e. Puppet Master, Subspecies, KillJoy, Gingerdead Man, Trancers)

Yeah I don't want much do I? >.>

I have !

• Better nudge system : I mean nudge twice before a tilt is not really realistic. Maybe insert a force gauge in game, like an visible option, a "thermometer" where we could see the evolution and the calm of the tilt. Last time for exemple, I re-took a long game, I would manage a nudge pass and made a tilt (I couldnt' remember I've nudge twice the day before). So something most visible will be great.

• Tournaments (1) : I understand your first idea wasn't to reward every time the same players who still are in the top of the leaderboards. Maybe you could limit the number of games in tournament, three games is reasonable and it's . To avoid too many restarts which actually reward gamers who play most often.

• Tounements (2) : more tournaments without necessary prices, like you did once with Wolverine on XB360. One tournament per month will be great !

• Zoom : pushing Y for a zoom allows to move above the table. It would be nice to use the analog stick at the same time to change the angle.

• Views : Real customizable views, specially to let the choice to the gamer of the distance between him and the machine.

• Stats : a graphic courb showing scores evolution will be more interesting than actual stats (like number of pressured keys for exemple).

• Superscore ranks : A better understanding of this SuperScore concept. Today it means nothing, between tables which totaled more than others (Paranormal, Spiderman) and Super League Football we can purchase many times to increase it. Make a scale of values, eg 1 super point for 100,000 points on Iron Man would be equal to 1 million on Paranormal.

• Leaderboards : Ability to create a team spirit, for example by country or another concept like groups of players.

That's all for the time being
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

I'd love to see it support tournaments on a regular basis, like The Pinball Arcade does. Also, it'd be great if the pro-score leaderboard only included a persons highest score across all versions of the soccer table that they own, instead of including the top score from each one. That really killed the leaderboard chasing aspect of the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen220378 View Post
    I would agree with this post. Don't get me wrong, I love the Star Wars and Marvel license. More recent licenses a little less. But they do play second fiddle to the originals IMHO. Tesla 2, Eldorado 2, Paranormal 2, Sorcer's Lair 2 and Excalibur 2 for Zen/FX3 anyone? hehehe...

Also, traditional "table sizes" are by far the best way to design tables, but if ZP 3 ever becomes a reality, some way of designing uber huge tables with dozens of flippers, play fields, and ball drains that pans/tilts across many views but is still a single "table", just bigger, may be a feature to incorporate into the main program whether it could be effectively executed by a designer or not. I mean if overused it would be horrible, but I am thinking about like the Genie table on pinball arcade, only even bigger. But only in certain cases and not in leiu of traditional table design dimensions.
    Last edited by steven120566; 10-15-2015 at 07:10 PM.

I second the request for better views made by Wims. More specifically I'd really like to see a fixed view that more closely matches the view an average person has standing in front of a real machine. The view I'm describing would be about half way between current views 1W and 2. I find views 1/1W to be too low of an angle and view 2 to be too high of an angle, and I would prefer a fixed view.

I think the lack of this particular view is a big issue among people used to playing real pinball a lot. When I talk to other players at tournaments/leagues/shows about Zen Pinball the viewing angles are a frequent gripe.

Now, if you really wanted to above and beyond completely customizable views would be great. If the player could set these things it would pretty much be perfect:

• Set the initial camera position and angle above the table
    • Set a secondary position the camera would zoom/pan to based on ball position
    • Set a ball position (Y-coordinate) on the platfield that would trigger the camera to zoom/pan
    • Choose a zooming/panning transition speed

Other than the views I would love to see an expert mode with separate leaderboards. By expert mode I mean having table adjustment settings (playfield pitch and outlane adjustments) automatically set to the hardest levels, bouncier flipper rubbers, and possibly slightly shorter flippers to increase the center gap (just like the old Williams lightning flippers). I think a lot of people would enjoy competing at a harder difficulty level on this game where it was a little tougher to keep the ball in play.

After hearing your interview on the podcast recently it got me thinking about some ideas. How about a companion app to go with the new game? It could have all the table guides, the leaderboards (maybe even for each system and even an overall leaderboard across every system), tournament news, view your trophies etc. Push notifications when one of your friends beats your score? Could be cool. And it would give you lazy lot something else to work on, I'm sure you and the devs aren't busy enough (jokes)

My basic wishes are for improved lighting, a slicker menu system (3D models of all the tables you own in an arcade type setting?...), some in game challenges which unlock items for this virtual arcade/games room? Aesthetic unlocks of any sort would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    After hearing your interview on the podcast recently it got me thinking about some ideas. How about a companion app to go with the new game? It could have all the table guides, the leaderboards (maybe even for each system and even an overall leaderboard across every system), tournament news, view your trophies etc. Push notifications when one of your friends beats your score? Could be cool. And it would give you lazy lot something else to work on, I'm sure you and the devs aren't busy enough (jokes)

My basic wishes are for improved lighting, a slicker menu system (3D models of all the tables you own in an arcade type setting?...), some in game challenges which unlock items for this virtual arcade/games room? Aesthetic unlocks of any sort would be cool.
    Very cool ideas - thanks! I love the idea of a companion app, would be super handy!

I would like to have a Leaderboard,for Scores from not saved Games , like it used to be on Zenpinball 1.
    Would be like playing a real life Table in a Pub...

Wow, Zen Pinball 3. Who would have thought it.

Well, I miss the lovely interface of ZP1, I thought it was beautiful. I don't like the menu music of ZP2; I wish there was an option to turn off the menu music only, as it sucks... just saying.

I'd like to be able to change the order the tables I have in the top page, and have more than one page of them if I want to; I have all of them, and the icons are too bloody small.

Morpheus, or whatever Sony are calling it now. I don't know it I want it, or even if I'll like it if I buy it, but if there is to be a Zen Pinball 3 on the PS4, then I think it must support it. It may just be a fantastic way to play pinball.

P.S. Long time no see, but I'm still a fan of Zen
    Last edited by Vince; 12-04-2015 at 11:11 PM. Reason: punctuation reconsider

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Well, I miss the lovely interface of ZP1, I thought it was beautiful. I don't like the menu music of ZP2; I wish there was an option to turn off the menu music only, as it sucks... just saying.
    I have to agree on this. Personally, I wish we could have a few music tracks to choose from for the menu music. I personally liked the Marvel Pinball menu music.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    P.S. Long time no see, but I'm still a fan of Zen
    Long time indeed! How's it going?

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Long time indeed! How's it going?

Hi again. It's going well enough, mate. Just recently found a little time to play some games again; I'm still waiting for Timeshock to be finally ready, in fact I backed the thing on kickstarter and still didn't get a test release that I bothered to spend a lot of time with. Next summer maybe, we'll see. It will be worth the wait for all of us though; I'm certain of that.

I gave up with TPA: I finally decided that me thinking that the bugs in something I paid for wasn't a ridiculous sense of self entitlement and felt annoyed, so they don't get any more of my money.

That makes me think of another feature that ZP3 should have: night time mode. I don't know if that's in this thread yet at all.

I've bookmarked this forum now, and so should be around more often.

Default New features

Agree able to choose day/night mode would be cool.
    Able to group or move tables would be nice.
    Enable video for back glass **
    A new view made for cab users.**
    A random or demo mode you can turn on so can users don't get burn in on the screen if you leave it on for a while.
    Would still love to see a music option, to play your library.
    Other people still want to be able to map other buttons but I think it is good as it is now.
    Other than those wishes you guys are doing great and il take what I can get as it comes.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Yeh some cool ideas people coming up with. Hopefully we get some new info on the next platforms on Pinball from Zen.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

I recently got a PS4 so I can play TPA now and I really like the Challenges on it where you have a goal to accomplish on a table and then advance to a goal on a different table. Someone mentioned the idea of a Tour de Tables where you could select a number of tables and when you lose a ball on one you then move to a 2nd table. Sort of keeps things fresh.

A monthly challenge would be interesting. "Barbie's Challenge" where you have to complete a mission on Rome, then start a multiball on Epic Quest, then lock a ball on Castlestorm, and finally collect a treasure on El Dorado. There could also be some themed challenges that award trophies. Armor (Epic Quest, Rome, Excalibur, Iron Man) Scientists (Tesla, Spiderman, Biolab, Fantasic Four) Maybe even a challenge here on the forum to figure out what the common thread between the selected tables is.

A smaller version of Balance of the Force where you form or join an alliance and your scores contributes to the rise of your group.

Online multiplayer

I'd like to see more tables from other famous movies like a Terminator Table or the old Superman series with Christopher Reeve. Planet of the Apes, Maze Runner, Rambo tables, Mortal Combat table, Streets of Rage the video game series, Rocky Balboa, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy27 View Post
    Online multiplayer
    +1

Default Is Zen Pinball 3 still being considered?

If so, I'll add my thoughts... if not, I won't waste anyone's time

Quote Originally Posted by TXSpook View Post
    If so, I'll add my thoughts... if not, I won't waste anyone's time
    Please do - we're always open to suggestions

Banned

Table with avangers would be awesome