Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: American Dad! Pinball

  1. #1

    Default American Dad! Pinball

    American Dad Joins Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers in the Balls of Glory Pinball pack! Today we have two brand new trailers, check them out on our blog post and stay tuned for the last table reveal!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    A 4 table Pack!!!!!! Fantastic. So the rumors were true. Hope it's next week. Yet I'd be ok if it was the week of the 19th.

    Who designed the tables that are revealed so far?

    Laugh out loud on the Skill shot.

    Edit: looks like Deep designed American Dad.

    Thomas Crofts designed Bob's Burgers.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 10-08-2015 at 04:14 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Love the Family Guy table. I agree with tenorhero on the skillshot. It's brilliant .
    I wasn't a huge fan of the American Dad series but nevertheless I'm looking forward to it

  4. #4
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,337

    Default

    At the moment "American Dad" is my fav adult cartoon. So naturally seeing this is a fricking hype moment!


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  5. #5
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    A fan of 3 of the tables (one of them hasn't been mentioned yet). Not really familiar with Bob's Burgers. Nonetheless...I'm stoked!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  6. #6

    Default

    Excited for American Dad. Much better than Family Guy even though the shows are by the same creator.

    For the record who did Family Guy? It looks like it may have been either the person who designed Castlestorm or Age of Ultron

    Hopefully we'll see another Zoltan layout this pack, I love his tables!
    Completed Tables:
    Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

    Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
    PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
    PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain B. Zarre View Post
    Excited for American Dad. Much better than Family Guy even though the shows are by the same creator.

    For the record who did Family Guy? It looks like it may have been either the person who designed Castlestorm or Age of Ultron

    Hopefully we'll see another Zoltan layout this pack, I love his tables!
    Family Guy was designed by Ndever, he also did Wild West Rampage and Butters' table

  8. #8
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    A 4 table Pack!!!!!! Fantastic. So the rumors were true. Hope it's next week. Yet I'd be ok if it was the week of the 19th.

    Who designed the tables that are revealed so far?

    Laugh out loud on the Skill shot.

    Edit: looks like Deep designed American Dad.

    Thomas Crofts designed Bob's Burgers.
    Hey Guys,
    Yeah, it's my work eventually. But the layout and a few modes are the creations of Coltos, who did the Castlestorm and Walking Dead tables. There are a bunch of stackable modes again on this table, so it's like the South Park table in a gameplay point of view
    Last edited by deep; 10-08-2015 at 10:26 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member DiscoKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Man that Peter skill shot is hilarious!!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Family Guy was designed by Ndever, he also did Wild West Rampage and Butters' table
    Excellent! Both are great tables.

  11. #11
    Table Designer ndever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Excellent! Both are great tables.
    Thank you! The manatees are resting, Family Guy is on the way

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndever View Post
    Thank you! The manatees are resting, Family Guy is on the way
    Those Manatees better be careful. I don't want to have to bury my head in sand.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    244

    Default

    was just playing a fun random game on this game and banged out the wizard mode for 80 million or so.

    I honestly wasn't even really paying attention to much and just hitting everything around lol. Stacking up some of those multiball modes while on the missions is great. Very south park table like.

    easily my favorite table of the pack.

  14. #14
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    was just playing a fun random game on this game and banged out the wizard mode for 80 million or so.

    I honestly wasn't even really paying attention to much and just hitting everything around lol. Stacking up some of those multiball modes while on the missions is great. Very south park table like.

    easily my favorite table of the pack.
    Glad to hear After the first wizard mode, you have to complete the modes to reach the wizard mode again, and not just start them.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Glad to hear After the first wizard mode, you have to complete the modes to reach the wizard mode again, and not just start them.
    Oh. Good to know. Makes for far more interesting game. Love the table Deep. Again one of your finest. Kudos to you and Coltos as well as the rest of the team for a fine pack.

    Can't get enough of American Dad. The other tables are great like Archer a bit more because of the challenge.

    MORE!!!! WE WANT MORE!!!! Simpsons, futurama, King of the Hill?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Glad to hear After the first wizard mode, you have to complete the modes to reach the wizard mode again, and not just start them.
    i think I only missed 1 or 2 on that game.

    I played another round on the table a while ago and beat that score without the wiz mode

    but that's good to know about going through the 2nd time.

  17. #17
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Keep an eye on the threat level. The color of the balls shows the actual level. The higher the threat level the more scores you'll get but the timers will be shorter

  18. #18
    Senior Member hunter328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Is there a way to turn off just the character's voice clips but leave the regular pinball sound effects? I'm sure for fans of the show they're great, make sense and are funny, but having never seen the show myself, some of them are really starting to get on my nerves. That one guy's voice that keeps going on about wheels and the legman really starts annoying me after the 10th or 11th time he says it. It's the new "extra ball you should get."

  19. #19
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Is there a way to turn off just the character's voice clips but leave the regular pinball sound effects? I'm sure for fans of the show they're great, make sense and are funny, but having never seen the show myself, some of them are really starting to get on my nerves. That one guy's voice that keeps going on about wheels and the legman really starts annoying me after the 10th or 11th time he says it. It's the new "extra ball you should get."
    Yes, there is! Go to the operators menu > utilities > extra adjustments > voiceovers and you can turn them off.
    Last edited by deep; 10-23-2015 at 09:09 AM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Is there a way to turn off just the character's voice clips but leave the regular pinball sound effects? I'm sure for fans of the show they're great, make sense and are funny, but having never seen the show myself, some of them are really starting to get on my nerves. That one guy's voice that keeps going on about wheels and the legman really starts annoying me after the 10th or 11th time he says it. It's the new "extra ball you should get."
    I enjoy all the voices and would not want to turn them off, however I agree with wheels and legman observation. It is a high frequency shot and the problem is that the quote is too long. Maybe after the first time, or at the beginning of each ball it plays the full quote and then a shortened version for each repeatable hit

    Wheels!

    Legman!

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    I'll have to say that American Dad is the best table of the pack. Likely my favorite table Now. It's between this, South Park Super Sweet and Fear itself.


    Again Kudos the Deep and Coltos. I love the Threat level aspect of the table. No matter what mode you do, when you complete it it goes down a level so you'll have to raise it every time you complete a level. if you're at level blue and Green, the modes last fairly long but don't score as much so you can experiment with the levels. While in the wizard mode with the Red balls, I had jackpots at 4.5 million and Supers I guess at 9m. Still kind of confused on how the add a ball aspect of the Wizard mode is attained. Though I have had success getting at least 3 balls going. Sometimes 2. What's the Max?

    Stackable modes a plenty. I had McFarlee, The Decider, and Air guitar going at the same time. The table was just flashing #s. I was unfortunately at the Blue Threat level doing it. Can't imaging what type of scores would pop up when it's Red.

    Roger's rampage is a fun Multiball to get to. Lighting the letters ROGER in the in lane/ out lanes pops up a random roger target. Everytime you spell ROGER try to hit the target. You'll need to hit him 15 times and and ROGERS RAMPAGE will be lit. Hit the Threat sinkhole and the mode will start. Stacks with other modes as well. What I like about the targets is that his costume character is different for every one. Love that little touch.

    I like the fact that you don't have to complete the mode to light the letters at first. Some modes are pretty tough to complete after you already went through your first Wizard Mode. It's definitely a table that caters to every pinball player experience. At least it may be one of those tables where you can crazy high scores. There's so much going on that doesn't take away from the repetetiveness of the modes outside of the mission/modes to light the letters. I can't get enough of this table.

  22. #22
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Still kind of confused on how the add a ball aspect of the Wizard mode is attained. Though I have had success getting at least 3 balls going. Sometimes 2. What's the Max?
    Wizard Mode I believe is 4, as once I attained 4 the Modes Phase 2 began. I believe to Add-A-Ball you need to hit the flashing Lanes, problem is they change very fast so its guess work most of the time. Hitting the Ball just before the Lane flashes.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Roger's rampage is a fun Multiball to get to. Lighting the letters ROGER in the in lane/ out lanes pops up a random roger target. Everytime you spell ROGER try to hit the target. You'll need to hit him 15 times and and ROGERS RAMPAGE will be lit. Hit the Threat sinkhole and the mode will start. Stacks with other modes as well. What I like about the targets is that his costume character is different for every one. Love that little touch.
    Don't forget that after a certain amount of roger's costumes you get an extra ball. Think it's 8 of them?

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    I think Wheels and legman mode is kind of pointless or there's no need to do it. I have yet to personally try and complete it. Personally I have better time doing other modes. I guess if you are trying to raise your threat level then it may be something to go for.

    Roger's Secret Multi-ball- Well getting the ball into the bumpers and hit them a certain amount of times lights lock in the upper sinkhole. (Threat spinner) you could start a MB when you have 2 balls locked. You could lock more but I have yet to see how many I can. I got up to 3 but I focused on other parts of the table and completely forgot that I had 3 locked away. Wonder how many I can lock.

    Timing on the upper left flipper into the center ramp needs to be precise. You can easily drain STDM if you hit a shot too early going through the threat spinner/Disc. Unless you are comfortable with the shot, I wouldn't recommend doing it all the time. It's important to do so though to get your kickbacks. Spell COP and light kickback light up on the center ramp.

  25. #25
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Timing on the upper left flipper into the center ramp needs to be precise. You can easily drain STDM if you hit a shot too early going through the threat spinner/Disc.
    This is why I put in a 1 sec ballsave for this shot

  26. #26
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    This is why I put in a 1 sec ballsave for this shot
    A great idea, saved me many times.

    I like all the speech on this table but strongly agree about the Wheels and leg man quote, it is triggered so often it really grates which is a real shame.

    Think it's my favourite table of the 4, so much to do, loads of fun and no frustrations.

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Roger's Secret Multi-ball- Well getting the ball into the bumpers and hit them a certain amount of times lights lock in the upper sinkhole. (Threat spinner) you could start a MB when you have 2 balls locked. You could lock more but I have yet to see how many I can. I got up to 3 but I focused on other parts of the table and completely forgot that I had 3 locked away. Wonder how many I can lock.
    I don't like to lock too many balls for roger's secret multiball. There's almost no point to lock 4. I only say this because you can activate the mcfreely and air guitar multiball, and whatever is locked for roger's comes up automatically. So it's an easy 4 ball multiball mode when you do it that way, and you'll have 3 different jackpots to hit. 4 if you start up the decider as well.

  28. #28
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    "SURPRISE!!!!!"

    A funny moment happened to me, watch as a ball manages to knock the other off the rail and out of play!



    It was a little annoying at the time but I love these random moments. Wish there were more like on a real table!

  29. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    "SURPRISE!!!!!"

    A funny moment happened to me, watch as a ball manages to knock the other off the rail and out of play!



    It was a little annoying at the time but I love these random moments. Wish there were more like on a real table!
    Hahahaha that is pretty funny - and excellent timing with Roger's line! :P

  30. #30
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    I don't like to lock too many balls for roger's secret multiball. There's almost no point to lock 4. I only say this because you can activate the mcfreely and air guitar multiball, and whatever is locked for roger's comes up automatically. So it's an easy 4 ball multiball mode when you do it that way, and you'll have 3 different jackpots to hit. 4 if you start up the decider as well.
    This is true, but the jackpots in Roger's multiball depends on the number of the locked balls

  31. #31
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    "SURPRISE!!!!!"

    A funny moment happened to me, watch as a ball manages to knock the other off the rail and out of play!

    It was a little annoying at the time but I love these random moments. Wish there were more like on a real table!
    Hah! Classic thanks for nothing moment

  32. #32
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Lol @skyway. I know your feels ^^.
    For some reason I have these kind of glitches mostly happening with the Star Wars tables. I think I had impossible physics situations happening on Episode 5, Clone Wars, Boba Fett, Droids and Han Solo. Boba Fett was the worst offender because I shot the ball up the right ramp and it just flew into space and never came back lol. These glitches aren't too bad though as they're most of the time just once in a lifetime occurances

  33. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    185

    Cool

    Hi, this is my video guide for American Dad!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuGCFGmOWQg

    Real fun table deep !
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

  34. #34
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post
    Hi, this is my video guide for American Dad!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuGCFGmOWQg

    Real fun table deep !
    Thanks!
    Really great video!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •