Thread: Family Guy Slow Motion Crash Glitch

Default Family Guy Slow Motion Crash Glitch

Hi,

Love the new Fox tables. Running latest iOS on 32 gig iPad Air and Family guy (in 5 out of 8 games) goes into slow motion then the whole app crashes. I can hardly make it through a game, which is not only a shame because I paid for it but because it was so darn fun. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerjack View Post
    Hi,

Love the new Fox tables. Running latest iOS on 32 gig iPad Air and Family guy (in 5 out of 8 games) goes into slow motion then the whole app crashes. I can hardly make it through a game, which is not only a shame because I paid for it but because it was so darn fun. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.
    Similar setup but not the latest OS (7.0.4) - the only time zen slows down for me is when I am receiving email notifications. There is 2 distinct studders but never crashes.

Maybe turn your notifications off?

Hi,

Same situation here. Almost unplayable ...

Hi,

Does it happen every time? Do you have other apps running int he background? Try restarting before you play and see if that helps at all.

Default Family Guy Slow Mo Crash

Hi, thanks for replies. I have ALL other apps closed. It could be emails. And I did try restarting. I'll turn off notifications, restart again and let you know. Very frustrated... My first game tonight. And about to crack a 100 mil on second ball and then the slo mo crash. Ya happens just about every time. Dang! Hope there is a fix for this! Great game otherwise. Gig-ga-ty!

Default American Dad has same problem

Hi,

Despite closing app and restarting several times and having no their apps open I continue to have the same problem. Even in airplane mode.

I then had the same exact problem on my second game of American Dad.

Don't know what sets off the glitch, but can't make it through a single game.

Help anyone? Again 32 GB IPad Air iOS 9.1.

I have very other Zen Pinball game for iOS. Never had this problem.

Hi,

Despite closing app and restarting several times and having no their apps open I continue to have the same problem. Even in airplane mode.

I then had the same exact problem on my second game of American Dad.

Don't know what sets off the glitch, but can't make it through a single game.

Help anyone? Again 32 GB IPad Air iOS 9.1.

I have very other Zen Pinball game for iOS. Never had this problem.
    Thanks! The team is investigating this issue

I'm having this issue too. Most frustrating!

I'm running the latest iOS, on an iPad 2. No notifications, no other apps running, no emails, NOTHING, and I have this problem on all the new Fox tables. Slows way down then crashes.
    1BadPony on OpenFeint
    hillie16 on Game Center

Quote Originally Posted by hillie16 View Post
    I'm running the latest iOS, on an iPad 2. No notifications, no other apps running, no emails, NOTHING, and I have this problem on all the new Fox tables. Slows way down then crashes.
    Thanks for the report! Does it happen at a specific point during play?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Thanks for the report! Does it happen at a specific point during play?
    I can't pinpoint anything specific. Just seems that the longer I play the more likely it is to happen. I can play a quick, game where I lose all three balls and it's fine....the longer the game lasts, the slower it gets, until it crashes. I've had the same issue with the Star Wars Droids table recently as well. I think it may be the older hardware for me, which will be rectified by next week. After dropping my iPad who knows how many times, the most recent time finally shattered the screen, so a new iPad is on its way.
    1BadPony on OpenFeint
    hillie16 on Game Center

I can't pinpoint anything specific. Just seems that the longer I play the more likely it is to happen. I can play a quick, game where I lose all three balls and it's fine....the longer the game lasts, the slower it gets, until it crashes. I've had the same issue with the Star Wars Droids table recently as well. I think it may be the older hardware for me, which will be rectified by next week. After dropping my iPad who knows how many times, the most recent time finally shattered the screen, so a new iPad is on its way.
    Thanks for the extra details

Thanks for the extra details
    If it helps to know it does not happen at any specific time that I can pinpoint when I play. Could be 30 seconds in or 15 minutes. But it eventually happens.... I have not have any problems with SW tables, or with any others outside the Fox tables. Only Family Guy and American Dad appear to have the glitch but I have not had much time to explore the other two. Something against Seth maybe? Lol.

Fingers crossed for a fix. Thanks!

Default Earth Defense as well

Very sad to report the glitch appeared in my third game of a Earth Defense as well.

Any word on this?

Very sad to report the glitch appeared in my third game of a Earth Defense as well.

Any word on this?
    No word yet, still being worked on.

Well I'm on the iPad Air 2 now, latest iOS and it happens on any table. I've beat my high score on three different tables, and three times on Dr. Strange....and lost all the scores to the glitch. Zen Pinball is my most used app....I really hope they figure out what it is.
    1BadPony on OpenFeint
    hillie16 on Game Center

Question

After lots of testing it seems I can make it through a first play on most tables, but a restart or two, or switching from one table to another seems to bring it on....memory leak maybe?
    1BadPony on OpenFeint
    hillie16 on Game Center

Default Ugg All tables affected

Glitches like this must take some considerable work to fix. After 45 minutes of my first ball of the Empire Strikes Back (in a completely separate app as I could not transfer purchases), the slow-motion glitch for occurred and the Star Wars App Crashed as well.
    Unfortunately, this confirmed that Zen pinball has been rendered useless at this point for me. I cannot make it through any table without it crashing. I did reinstall and restore my purchases and it made no difference. I'm going to save myself the frustration and wait for a patch. Barbie, hopefully you can keep us posted. As you can imagine it's extremely frustrating and I wouldn't care so much if I didn't find the product so fantastic and didn't purchase every table available for IOS. Thanks

Glitches like this must take some considerable work to fix. After 45 minutes of my first ball of the Empire Strikes Back (in a completely separate app as I could not transfer purchases), the slow-motion glitch for occurred and the Star Wars App Crashed as well.
    Unfortunately, this confirmed that Zen pinball has been rendered useless at this point for me. I cannot make it through any table without it crashing. I did reinstall and restore my purchases and it made no difference. I'm going to save myself the frustration and wait for a patch. Barbie, hopefully you can keep us posted. As you can imagine it's extremely frustrating and I wouldn't care so much if I didn't find the product so fantastic and didn't purchase every table available for IOS. Thanks
    I'll let you know as soon as I get word on any fix for this.

Thumbs up

I agree. I'm not expecting an instant fix, troubleshooting something like this can be an arduous process. I just hope it DOES get fixed. I LOVE Zen Pinball. If I was stuck on a desert island with one app, this would be it lol.
    1BadPony on OpenFeint
    hillie16 on Game Center

Default Same same.

I'll let you know as soon as I get word on any fix for this.
    Barbie: I am still having this issue on Sorcerer's Lair and Family Guy...any solution yet?

Quote Originally Posted by epult View Post
    Barbie: I am still having this issue on Sorcerer's Lair and Family Guy...any solution yet?
    Sorry nothing to report at the moment. Welcome to the forums, by the way

Default Any update on this?

[QUOTE=BarbieBobomb;67803]Sorry nothing to report at the moment. Welcome to the forums, by the way [/QUOTE

I came looking for answers to this exact problem. I was happy at first to see that it was being addressed, but then I noticed the search for a solution seems to have stalled out with this last response in January. Any new updates on this VERY frustrating glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggedsmile View Post
    I came looking for answers to this exact problem. I was happy at first to see that it was being addressed, but then I noticed the search for a solution seems to have stalled out with this last response in January. Any new updates on this VERY frustrating glitch?
    Nothing yet - can you list which tables you have that are affected?

All tables. Play one game and you're fine. Play a second, or switch to a different table, and the game slows to a crawl a few minutes after starting. Or just freezes and crashes. On iPad 2, AND a brand new iPad Air 2 with the latest iOS.. Does the same on both devices.
    1BadPony on OpenFeint
    hillie16 on Game Center

All tables. Play one game and you're fine. Play a second, or switch to a different table, and the game slows to a crawl a few minutes after starting. Or just freezes and crashes. On iPad 2, AND a brand new iPad Air 2 with the latest iOS.. Does the same on both devices.
    Thanks for the report - the team is investigating this, and have suggested playing offline in the meantime and see if that helps.

Default Still experiencing slomo

Has this problem been solved? Is there another thread about it?
    Experiencing slow downs on all tables from time to time.
    iPad Air 2, newest IOS.
    iPad Air 2, iOS 9.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by PinPipe View Post
    iPad Air 2, newest IOS.
    The slow down / frame rate drop sounds like thermal throttling. I suspect in severe cases this could lead to a crash.
    Does the iPad Air 2 default to normal or enhanced graphics? If you haven't done so already it may be worth trying the lower setting.

Quote Originally Posted by PinPipe View Post
    iPad Air 2, newest IOS.
    Thanks for the report! It hasn't been fixed yet, but a good workaround is playing offline. Hoping we have a fix soon.

Default Hate to say it, but me too

I really love Zen Pinball 2, and have been playing it regularly for about 4 years. But the reality for me is that it crashes about 90% of the time. I'm on an iPad Pro 9.7", on iOS 10.2.1, and has routinely crashed for me on previous iPad Air 2 and on my iPad Air. I can only play it reliably in offline mode, but then sometimes some of my high scores are not auto updated.

It's really frustrating because I have purchased 43 tables, which I believe is over $80 lifetime. Yet this is the one app in my dozens and dozens of apps of that routinely and predictable crashes because it simply doesn't know how to handle notifications. I love the new SW: RO table, but it is probably my last. I got up to 250M in a game last night, but because I forgot to go into airplane mode, the game just slows, freezes, and then crashes. I love your guy's product, but, seriously, this bug has existed for *years* and its costing you money. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Galaron View Post
    I really love Zen Pinball 2, and have been playing it regularly for about 4 years. But the reality for me is that it crashes about 90% of the time. I'm on an iPad Pro 9.7", on iOS 10.2.1, and has routinely crashed for me on previous iPad Air 2 and on my iPad Air. I can only play it reliably in offline mode, but then sometimes some of my high scores are not auto updated.

It's really frustrating because I have purchased 43 tables, which I believe is over $80 lifetime. Yet this is the one app in my dozens and dozens of apps of that routinely and predictable crashes because it simply doesn't know how to handle notifications. I love the new SW: RO table, but it is probably my last. I got up to 250M in a game last night, but because I forgot to go into airplane mode, the game just slows, freezes, and then crashes. I love your guy's product, but, seriously, this bug has existed for *years* and its costing you money. :-(

👆👆👆 what he said
    1BadPony on OpenFeint
    hillie16 on Game Center