Thread: Tips for death save?

Default Tips for death save?

I'm trying to get the achievement on The Avengers for performing a death save with Captain America's ball.
    I have tried this hundreds of times but the ball never seems to jump high enough up to get on the other paddle.

I'm playing on PC...and I supposed to be nudging with the spacebar?
    Any specific things I should know before attempting again?

Here is a YouTube of it (slow mo shots are useful for timing)

I've done a couple of bang backs on zen so I know they are possible but in general I suck at them, not sure I want to get overly good at death saves because I think I would lose enjoyment if every table becomes a marathon table. I like the challenge of getting my butt kicked an then doing slightly better on every game ( progression)

Quote Originally Posted by 2hard4me View Post
    I'm playing on PC...and I supposed to be nudging with the spacebar?
    That's probably your problem right there.

I'm able to perform a bang back (death save) about 50% of the time, but that's with an analog stick on a controller. Using an analog stick, gives you the ability the control the strength of the nudge. A basic digital button doesn't, which is something you need for performing consistent bang backs.

I have a problem with that achievement too.
    The table locks my captain America ball. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    That's probably your problem right there.

I'm able to perform a bang back (death save) about 50% of the time, but that's with an analog stick on a controller. Using an analog stick, gives you the ability the control the strength of the nudge. A basic digital button doesn't, which is something you need for performing consistent bang backs.
    I'd be ok with a 50% success rate - they are fun to attempt. I saw a vid with pinwiz (probably) that was nailing the death save 100% of the time.

I haven't mastered the rules for this table - but if it it locks the captain america ball that is just part of a mode. read the guide on how to unlock it (and probably start multi-ball) to get it back.

Thanks for the replies.
    Still no luck getting it