X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brettaug
    • Apr 2014

FX2-Steam/CAB support

Can you please Sticky this thread, and un-sticky "DMD now working for cab" as it is the old version and not needed anymore with new cab support.

Hot topics:

1.) Need to enable CAB support in Steam, follow link in steam to submit form, or follow:
    Just register here for your code: https://blog.zenstudios.com/?page_id=5981

2.) Backglass/DMD support:

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Here's some info on backglass setup - welcome to the forums, btw
    Setting up the back glass render window:
    - Enter the Settings|Cabinet Support screen
    - Ensure that "Back glass repositioning" is turned on. (https:\\download.zenstudios.com\_Il_d65_PFX2_Back glass_HowTo_lKD8dH\PFX2_Cabinet_Settings.png)
    - Adjust the position and size values, so that this separate window fits your designated screen.
    Setting up images for the back glass:
    The game tries to automatically load a separate image for each table. These images are not included in the game.
    The backglass window displays the file path if the image is missing.
    The folder is the game's data folder, by default it is "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pinball FX2\data_steam".
    There are table files with the "pxp" extension in this folder. An image's filename must be the same as the table's on which the image is supposed to appear for, but with a different extension (supported extensions : .bmp, .gif, .png, .jpg, ..jpeg).

Here is a good Vid "thx L33" showing where/how to add the images to the correct folders, then how to use the CAB support to enable and adjust the images. https://youtu.be/6B1PiqRPUp0

Common tips, make the images larger to help see and move, then work on getting the correct size.
    Some people in windows have the second monitor set to drag to the left and not the right, you will need negative numbers for the left, or positive for the right.

3.) Backglass images:
    pinsimdb.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, pinsimdb.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Have to look up each table, but they have a good set in the right format.
    "if we get mp4 support for motion/vid backglass below is a good link for those"

4.) Run each table via command line.
    the below link is for PinballX frontend, but will show you what you need to use it for HyperPin as well.

5.) Front ends for Cabs:

PinballX = http://www.pinballx.net/ read up on them before deciding each has its Pro/Con, http://www.gameex.info/forums
    HyperPin = http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/5-hyperpin/

BAM = http://ravarcade.pl/?en_download,16
    Good post on what it is and why you might want it. (advanced users) http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=88&t=4262

6.) Cab parts/builds:

In the above 2 front end links, are several posts on builds, equipment, setup etc.
    I am not going to post or link anything you can find in those forums due to there is not one perfect post or build with everything you will want or need for a build, so take the time and read a few to figure out what you want.
    I will post 1-2 links that are less common to find in those forums that i found to have good items for a build.

http://shop.zebsboards.com/index.php?route=common/home = good place for main boards, plunger ect.
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php...Beverage+Caddy = good place for cup holders legs.
    http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/ = good place for assortment of buttons/switch's ect.

7.) VP/FP table DB setup info:

pinsimdb.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, pinsimdb.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

8.) Cab starting out guide.

Again i don't say one build is better or worse than another, the below guide is a decent start if you have no idea about a CAB build and want a decent look into start from scratch guide as an idea of what it takes.
    I always suggest looking in each forum and look at several builds to get a good idea of what you want.
    There are several build guides in each forum and You tube ect.

9.) Micro delay in FX2 games.

You can do a google search and see there are a few complaints about a micro delay in the button push and paddle flip.
    This is in Steam and some console paddle users.
    There are several ideas as to why, alot have to do with V-sync settings, and TV refresh rate, graphics card pre-rendering.
    I myself was able to turn my TV to GAME mode and made 99% of my delay disappear.
    Here is an artical on it, again there are several just google and read a few if you have this issue.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/226980...7252/?l=french on page 2 in a link to another forum topic about it.
    If the GAME mode is not a quick fix for you and you try a V-Sync option, and you cant find that setting in your graphics card settings, (mine did not have it.) you can go to this page and install an add-on that allows more settings for you card.
    http://www.radeonpro.info/download/ again dont do this on my suggestion, do it only after you read and plan to try it on your own decision.
    Here is a more drastic option some people on forums have tried. (i have not used this method.)

In closing.
    This is not an end all post, just a quick link guide for some people who are having problems finding info.
    I did not want to spend hours making this post so i know i missed items.
    There are tons of links/posts out there do your own research, this is just to try to help you not decide for you.
    Feel free to post with anything important that i missed, just try to keep this Sticky clean, no need to clutter it with tons of posts or links unless it is something that is needed.
    Also best tip i can give anyone, go buy a HD to HD copier http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_5&sr=8-5
    Then go buy a HD http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Moment...500g+hybrid+HD
    This will be the best $100 you will ever spend, then before you make any major changes, or get something setup and it is working correct, make a copy of the main drive. This will ensure you that you never make a change you regret.
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by brettaug
    Can you please Sticky this thread, and un-sticky "DMD now working for cab" as it is the old version and not needed anymore with new cab support.
    Done! Thanks for doing this

Comment

• brettaug
      • Apr 2014

CAB parts kits

wanted to add two more items.

1.) Good site that has several options for parts, and CAB kits, for those who want to build, but would like a good starter kit.
      I myself can say that they have a nice starter kit for the $, so unless you have a CNC machine and like doing it, well worth it.

2.) Quick link for people looking for DMD support, CAB artwork, good post on Wiring your CAB ect.

Comment

• brettaug
        • Apr 2014

Barbie pat yourself and the staff on the back for us.

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
        Done! Thanks for doing this
        Again thanks for always trying to improve and work on new tables and support for us. Just wanted to try to do my small part to help with this.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
          Pinball Wizard
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by brettaug
          Again thanks for always trying to improve and work on new tables and support for us. Just wanted to try to do my small part to help with this.
          Thank you for the kind words!

Comment

• Rappelbox
            • Dec 2015

Very cool!
            I like how you improve PFX2 for all the Cab users out there... It tell's me that you care about your customers!

Did you notice PIN2DMD?
            It's a RGB DMD Display that is controlled by a Software programmed by Lucky1 and Steve45 (you can find them on different VPin-Forums, or contact me)
            It's OpenSource and has a very fast growing community So you are not labeled to a single Company which is profiting from your great work. The former limitation of a single Color from older DMDs is not given any more...

How do you think about that?

Greets,
            Dom

Comment

• hyperpin
              • May 2015

I made a set of backglasses for my cab. These are full screen for cabs with a separate DMD monitor. Feel free to use them. Download link here:

And here is a preview of what they look like:

Comment

• TerryRed
                Banned
                • Feb 2016

Here's my virtual Pinball / Arcade combo cabinet I built for Pinball FX 2, Pinball Arcade, Future Pinball, MAME, PC, etc...

A pic of it running Pinball FX2 with video backglass, DMD and "marquee" through Pinball X.

...and here's a video of Pinball FX2

This is Pinball FX2 running on Pinball X on my virtual Pinball / Arcade cabinet. (PinKadia)The video backglass and flaming "Pinball FX 2" logo will still be ...

Pinball Arcade:

This is The Pinball Arcade using the camera mod to show the DMD on a third screen and display a custom camera view. I'm using Pinball X for animated backlg...

Future Pinball:

This is a small selection of the many fantastic Future Pinball tables running on my custom virtual pinball / arcade combo cabinet that I built. (PinKadia) I...

PC Games:

Here are some PC Games running on Pinball X (via Rocket Launcher).It's running on my virtual Pinball / Arcade combo cabinet that I made.

MAME soon to come....

Comment

• Psy-Q
                  • May 2016

Native res?

What is the native resolution of the DMD? I don't like the ugly scaling artifacts (sorry! nothing to do with the feature itself, it happens with PinMAME as well) so I would like to set my size to a multiple of the native res. Unless every table has a different res, of course

Comment

• vogliadicane
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Psy-Q
                    What is the native resolution of the DMD? I don't like the ugly scaling artifacts (sorry! nothing to do with the feature itself, it happens with PinMAME as well) so I would like to set my size to a multiple of the native res. Unless every table has a different res, of course
                    would be interested in this also very much! The aspect ratio would already help a lot!

Comment

• insx
                      • Nov 2013

What does the link in item 1 do for me? Does this give me some cabinet support that I don't already have in the latest version?

Comment

• DDH69
                        • Jul 2016

Flipper force feedback and other actions via Direct Output Framework (DOF)

As a cabinet builder and owner, this thread was most helpful as I added Pinball FX2 to my cabinet - thank you. Once I had it all up and running with three screens, menu, etc, I thought what about my flipper solenoids. Well I went ahead and wrote some code to make my DOF flipper solenoids (and lighting, plus some other stuff) work with Pinball FX2. Details are over here.

Page 1 of 12 - DOF R3 for Pinball FX2 - posted in Other Emulation: So I was playing around with Pinball FX2 (Steam version to work with PinballX) and thought this lacks some pizzazz.  In a fit of madness I decided to write some code to make the flippers fire, some fixed button LEDs come on and RGB under cabinet have some life.  Now that I have it working, I thought Id share with anyone interested.   Edit: Since I started this little project its grown a lot.  There is no...

Hopefully some others get some enjoyment out of this too. Hopefully I can find out how to get feedback for jets, slingshots and targets in some way next.

Comment

• TerryRed
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2016

Didn't notice your reply here DDH69 before posting a new thread about your amazing program.

Here are two videos that show what DDH69 has created being used in my cabinet.

Here's a video demo of Pinball FX2:

This program has now been replaced with DOFLinx as seen in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaaCgYo-In4&t=Here is a demo of a new program called DO...

Here's a video demo of The Pinball Arcade:

Here is a demo of a new program called DOFFX2 by DDH69. It maps keyboard keys to LED-Wiz or Sainsmart outputs. This allows you to use it for flipper feedback...

What a game changer.

Comment

• PinballVirtual-Victor
                            Pinhead
                            • Aug 2016

Backglass with speaker panel

Here I bring a backglass 1600x1200 (4/3) with speaker panel I made for PinballX when he was two monitors, I keep updating with new tables but no longer use them because now I have three monitors.

Alien_Isolation-300x225.jpg Alien_vs_Predator-300x225.jpg Aliens-300x225.jpg

DESCARGAR EL PACK COMPLETO ALIENS INCLUIDO

This is my PinMameCab with PinballX running PinballFX2, Visual, Future, TPA, Pro-Pinball and MAME.

To download updates with medias for new tables out and other extras like Wheels, Table videos, Table Audio, etc, you can visit my blog, where I offer support in Spanish.

Last edited by PinballVirtual-Victor; 08-23-2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• PinballVirtual-Victor
                              Pinhead
                              • Aug 2016

With backglass published by Hyperspin and others I had more of a Speaker Panel I saw and liked (I think the web of PinballX), have done a complete set.

Citadel.jpgCastleStorm.jpgBobsBurgers.jpgBiolab.jpgAtlantis.jpgArcher.jpgAmericanDad.jpgAliens.jpgAlien_vs_predator.jpgAlien_Isolation.jpg

Comment

Working...