Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens

Default Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens

Use the Force in the Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens 2-table pack, releasing next week!

Check out the trailer and details on our blog page here.

May the Force be with you!

Yeah! I felt a disturbance in the force and checked this forum to find this great news [emoji3]

Is it too early to call this as the Best news of 2016?

I'm so happy right now

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    Is it too early to call this as the Best news of 2016?

I'm so happy right now
    Happy New year!!!!

I play Heroes of the storm as well. That's when we will get a new hero and I will likely get the bundle that comes with the DLC skin. My wallet felt light already after Xmas. No worries. Day 1 purchase for me regardless.

It features all-new table-transforming environment mechanics that allow you to visit locations from the film and twelve action-packed story modes taking you through its most thrilling moments
    This certainly grabbed my attention. Or am I reading between the lines? DEEP definitely did the Force awakens table. He did somewhat of a transformation in Episode 4 where the center area was the the canal and other things.

Curious who did Might of the first order.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 01-05-2016 at 05:30 PM.

We also have a PlayStation Blog post that is now live - come check it out!

Seven Things Not to Miss in Zen’s Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens Pack:

EU: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/...-awakens-pack/

US: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...-awakens-pack/

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

This looks just as dope as the Movie, which I found brilliant btw. Oh one question, does the Tables contain spoilers for those who haven't seen the movie?

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Rey front and center?

TAKE

MY

MONEY

<3<3<3<3

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Happy New year!!!!

I play Heroes of the storm as well. That's when we will get a new hero and I will likely get the bundle that comes with the DLC skin. My wallet felt light already after Xmas. No worries. Day 1 purchase for me regardless.

This certainly grabbed my attention. Or am I reading between the lines? DEEP definitely did the Force awakens table. He did somewhat of a transformation in Episode 4 where the center area was the the canal and other things.

Curious who did Might of the first order.
    Yep - it was Deep - and Zoltan Vari designed Might of the First Order

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Yep - it was Deep - and Zoltan Vari designed Might of the First Order

Thought so. especially when the blog mentioned something about magnetic ramps and such. Zoltan uses magnetic aspects in a lot in his tables.

Looking forward to it. I hope it's as challenging as most of his recent tables.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 01-05-2016 at 06:39 PM.

I found the movie a little underwhelming, esp since the reviews were generally very good. I still enjoyed it but mostly because it was Star Wars and the nostalgia. If it was the same movie in another skin (superheroes, etc), i don't think I would had thought much of it.

I won't say too much but they had do much potential with Kylo Ren and pretty much made him look like the most hapless villain in the franchise. Also, a lot didn't add up, like the speed of Rey's development was out of whack.

Oh well, new director for the next one and new hope and perhaps a fresh story 😄

Vari and deep. My 2 favorite designers. I haven't played Zen pinball in months. This should get me back into it. I like the table artwork and layout of both tables. I think we can now call Deep the official designer for SW movies.

Yissss. The hype is real

Barbie, will there be trophies for the standalone Star Wars Pinball game (PS3)? I know Rebels had 3 for it so hoping both of these do too.

Quote Originally Posted by djb5f View Post
    Also, a lot didn't add up, like the speed of Rey's development was out of whack.
    What doesn't add up about the speed of Rey's development?

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    This looks just as dope as the Movie, which I found brilliant btw. Oh one question, does the Tables contain spoilers for those who haven't seen the movie?
    Well, minor spoilers can be found, so I would say go and watch the movie first

Quote Originally Posted by pabrimmer View Post
    What doesn't add up about the speed of Rey's development?
    I really don't want to say too much so I will try to be as general as possible but she went from having no skills to being a master of her craft overnight, actually not even overnight. Night and day difference from the original trilogy protagonist, it was just hard to believe.

I really don't want to say too much so I will try to be as general as possible but she went from having no skills to being a master of her craft overnight, actually not even overnight. Night and day difference from the original trilogy protagonist, it was just hard to believe.
    Thanks for the response :-) I will try to be general as well :-) You say "no skills" but I would say re-watch her first 10 or so minutes of screen time. Her introduction establishes what sort of badass she already is, and she clearly starts off waaaayyyy ahead of the original trilogy protagonist in this regard, who appears to have spent a lot of his youth moaning about doing his share of the farm work, or the prequels protagonist, who spent it tinkering with racing machines. As for "master of the craft," if you give it a careful re-watch, you'll notice she learns by example. Very quickly, to be sure, but wouldn't you expect someone who has survived in the life she's living quite competently during her intro to be a very, VERY quick learner? Cheers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pabrimmer View Post
    Thanks for the response :-) I will try to be general as well :-) You say "no skills" but I would say re-watch her first 10 or so minutes of screen time. Her introduction establishes what sort of badass she already is, and she clearly starts off waaaayyyy ahead of the original trilogy protagonist in this regard, who appears to have spent a lot of his youth moaning about doing his share of the farm work, or the prequels protagonist, who spent it tinkering with racing machines. As for "master of the craft," if you give it a careful re-watch, you'll notice she learns by example. Very quickly, to be sure, but wouldn't you expect someone who has survived in the life she's living quite competently during her intro to be a very, VERY quick learner? Cheers :-)
    Good counterpoints, I still thought it was a little too quick but you make a good argument.

Thanks Barbie for this article on PSN blog ! Awesome ! Seems that Deep has very fun playing with his broom handle !

The environnement changes on Force Awakens ? (desert, temple, may be others ?) I can't wait to experience it next week !!

For Might of the First Power, I loved all what Zoltan already did, so my can't-wait-meter is now red.

Again, you really did a great job, and the fact that you could work around this film before its release proves that your talent is well recognized !
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Default Question for barbie

Question for Barbie

Will the 2 Star Wars tables be just for zen pinball 2 or will they also appear in Star Wars pinball as well?

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post
    Thanks Barbie for this article on PSN blog ! Awesome ! Seems that Deep has very fun playing with his broom handle !

The environnement changes on Force Awakens ? (desert, temple, may be others ?) I can't wait to experience it next week !!

For Might of the First Power, I loved all what Zoltan already did, so my can't-wait-meter is now red.

Again, you really did a great job, and the fact that you could work around this film before its release proves that your talent is well recognized !
    I like to be the mocap guy I do it since the Infinity Gauntlet table every time and not only for my tables.
    There are a total of 4 environments on The Force Awakens table! It was a huge amount of work to implement all the main scenes of the movie.

I imagine it can't have been obvious but you can be proud. I'd like to know how you did with Disney & Lucasart to have these environnement ideas, for a movie you haven't seen yet, and that was very secret.

If you worked only on based artworks, without really knowing atmospheres, characters or story, the end result seems very impressive ! I haven't this impression when I played on Avengers, or Age of Ultron for exemple. But when I see FA screenshots, I am in the movie.
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Price point? $4.99 or $5.99? Looks awesome by the way!
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kemetman View Post
    Price point? $4.99 or $5.99? Looks awesome by the way!
    Blog link shows $4.99, standard price for 2-packer.

That's excellent. I thought there would be a dollar surcharge for it being SW. All set now!
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Barbie, will there be trophies for the standalone Star Wars Pinball game (PS3)? I know Rebels had 3 for it so hoping both of these do too.
    I believe so!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    Question for Barbie

Will the 2 Star Wars tables be just for zen pinball 2 or will they also appear in Star Wars pinball as well?
    SWP as well!

I believe so!
    Fantastic and I checked and the descriptions are out there now so I can confirm this is true.

SWP as well!
    Nice, more trophies to chase.

Next week can't come soon enough, I need some Star Wars pinball action!!

Dang, I guess I better hurry up and see the movie. Besides the very first teaser trailer I haven't watched any trailers or previews and haven't read any articles or reviews for Force Awakens so as to not spoil anything. I'm definitely not playing the tables before seeing it, but I know I won't be able to keep myself from playing them for very long. Maybe I'll go see it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Dang, I guess I better hurry up and see the movie. Besides the very first teaser trailer I haven't watched any trailers or previews and haven't read any articles or reviews for Force Awakens so as to not spoil anything. I'm definitely not playing the tables before seeing it, but I know I won't be able to keep myself from playing them for very long. Maybe I'll go see it this weekend.
    How did you walk the internet the last three weeks without spoiling yourself
    That's quite impressive.

There are already videos of reviewers and other playing the new tables. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v-bRLnB-AE

This one gives you a glimpse of both with out giving away too much. Both look great!

I'm more intrigued by Masters of the First Order. This one I can't wait to play.

Masters of the force looks good too. Wish I could see more of what the table has to offer but I guess I'll have to wait.

After watching a couple of gameplay videos I'm itching to play them, the most annoying thing for me is watching people play with the arcade ball effects on! Both tables look very cool, I'm a little worried the underneath playfield will be confusing as the ball often seems to end up there. From just watching I would have lit it up a bit more when the ball was there or at least changed the flipper shape/colour. Maybe it won't be a problem when actually playing. I love the voice countdowns on it, nice touch and we need more to ramp up some tension Also I heard some call-outs as to which lane to hit, again I'd love to see more of that. It would really help a lot of players who don't seem to be able to see what to do next too.

Of the two tables my favorite is the 'Might of the First Order'. There's just so much going on and that second playfield during a multi-ball is just nuts.

You guys are in for a treat next week.

For those curious you can find my review of the two tables HERE

Both tables are decent but the standout is 'Might of the First Order'.

Quote Originally Posted by WildMN34 View Post
    Of the two tables my favorite is the 'Might of the First Order'. There's just so much going on and that second playfield during a multi-ball is just nuts.

You guys are in for a treat next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Both tables are decent but the standout is 'Might of the First Order'.
    Yeh I'm loving The First Order Table, since I played it I haven't changed to the Ep.7 Table lol. Not that the other Table is bad or anything. I'm still having a problem completing the "Ability Test Mode" the timer just seems brutal!

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Yep, Might of the first order is the best of the two.
    (haven't seen episode 7 yet, nothing was spoiled though, not really good at the table...)
    Table wishlist: Tremors, Regular Show, Orphan Black, Lost Girl, Ren & Stimpy, Futurama, Hack/Slash.
    Loki (More villians)
    Moon Knight - werewolves story arc
    Brainscan - Trickster theme.
    Critters, Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, Gremlins, Chucky.
    SAW (billy doll)
    B-movie horror/monsters.
    My Babysitters a Vampire, MONSTER HUNTER, Darkstalkers, Chocobos, Goosebumps.
    Fullmoon Studios themes (i.e. Puppet Master, Subspecies, KillJoy, Gingerdead Man, Trancers)

Yeah I don't want much do I? >.>

Hey Shoryuken,

How do you start the mode with the detonator ball? I've only gotten it a couple times, and then Kylo Ren shows (which I assume is the achievement). Just not 100% sure how to start it. Any ideas?

Hey Shoryuken,

How do you start the mode with the detonator ball? I've only gotten it a couple times, and then Kylo Ren shows (which I assume is the achievement). Just not 100% sure how to start it. Any ideas?
    Just hit the bumpers! Eventually the ball transforms automatically to the detonator ball.

Hey Shoryuken,

far left and right ramps gets you to the bumpers, which starts the kylo ren mode, 25 bumps i think. then defeat him with scene mode ramp.
    Table wishlist: Tremors, Regular Show, Orphan Black, Lost Girl, Ren & Stimpy, Futurama, Hack/Slash.
    Loki (More villians)
    Moon Knight - werewolves story arc
    Brainscan - Trickster theme.
    Critters, Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, Gremlins, Chucky.
    SAW (billy doll)
    B-movie horror/monsters.
    My Babysitters a Vampire, MONSTER HUNTER, Darkstalkers, Chocobos, Goosebumps.
    Fullmoon Studios themes (i.e. Puppet Master, Subspecies, KillJoy, Gingerdead Man, Trancers)

Yeah I don't want much do I? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Cathaeter View Post
    far left and right ramps gets you to the bumpers, which starts the kylo ren mode, 25 bumps i think. then defeat him with scene mode ramp.
    Ah, that explains it then. Kept thinking it had something to do with the FINN lights but that is the multiplier. So was getting confused. Much appreciated.

????? How are you guys playing these already?

NVM Tester/reviewer. In all honesty I was Like What the.....?

Big problem here already. I was trying to open the table guide for Might of the First Order but the game crashed. This happened two more times and I was never able to actually get the table guide to open up. This occured on the Zen Pinball 2 version on the Vita. Don't know if it's just that version but I will check the other ones as well. Needless to say that is quite a bad error .
    Can't really give any impressions yet as opening the table guide to see what to do is the first order (duuh) of business for me when starting a new table.

Edit: The problem luckily doesn't occur on the PS3 and PS4 versions of Zen Pinball 2 which is nice
    Last edited by Beliskner; 01-12-2016 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beliskner View Post
    Big problem here already. I was trying to open the table guide for Might of the First Order but the game crashed. This happened two more times and I was never able to actually get the table guide to open up. This occured on the Zen Pinball 2 version on the Vita. Don't know if it's just that version but I will check the other ones as well. Needless to say that is quite a bad error .
    Can't really give any impressions yet as opening the table guide to see what to do is the first order (duuh) of business for me when starting a new table.

Edit: The problem luckily doesn't occur on the PS3 and PS4 versions of Zen Pinball 2 which is nice
    Does it give you an error message? Let me know if this is still happening today!

Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens 2-table pack is now available on PSN SCEE, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Windows 10, Mac and Steam!

The pack will be available on PSN SCEA in a few hours when the PSN store updates, and mobile platforms will get this pack on Thursday. Xbox Players, please purchase on 360 first, then import to Xbox One to enjoy on both platforms.

We have two new trailers to celebrate this week's release here on the Zen blog!

Problem still persists. I get the error code C2-12828-1 and then I have to restart the game.

Problem still persists. I get the error code C2-12828-1 and then I have to restart the game.
    Your account is based in Europe, correct? Does it happen 100% of the time? And only when you open the table guide?

Your account is based in Europe, correct? Does it happen 100% of the time? And only when you open the table guide?
    Yes I'm in Europe and use the european versions of these downloads.
    It happened four out of four times so I'm pretty sure it's 100%. Not really wanting to try anymore
    Yes I only got that error when I tried opening the guide. Just playing the table works fine and opening the guide on The Force Awakens worked as well.

Yes I'm in Europe and use the european versions of these downloads.
    It happened four out of four times so I'm pretty sure it's 100%. Not really wanting to try anymore
    Yes I only got that error when I tried opening the guide. Just playing the table works fine and opening the guide on The Force Awakens worked as well.
    Thanks for letting me know, we'll be looking into this.

Just bought the new tables on PS Vita and downloaded and installed them on my PS4 but the tables are still showing as locked and I can't play them. It asks me to download the trail or purchase. How can I fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by lym81 View Post
    Just bought the new tables on PS Vita and downloaded and installed them on my PS4 but the tables are still showing as locked and I can't play them. It asks me to download the trail or purchase. How can I fix this?
    SCEE or SCEA?

SCEE or SCEA?

Sorry what does that mean?

Sorry what does that mean?
    Europe or North America.

Europe or North America.
    Europe

Europe
    Download the demo version of the game, if that doesn't work, try doing a license restore from your PS4 settings.

Europe or North America.
    Download the demo version of the game, if that doesn't work, try doing a license restore from your PS4 settings.
    Thanks Restore License worked

Thanks Restore License worked
    Woo! Have fun!

Am I right with this conclusion here:

Buy Force Awakens Pack for Zen Pinball 2 on PS Vita, get:
    • Force Awakens Pack for Zen Pinball 2 (Vita)
    • Force Awakens Pack for Star Wars Pinball (Vita)
    • Force Awakens Pack for Zen Pinball 2 (PS3)
    • Force Awakens Pack for Star Wars Pinball (PS3)
    • Force Awakens Pack for Zen Pinball 2 (PS4)

Also, when I eventually play this on PS3/4, do trophies pop automatically or do I need to re-earn them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
    Am I right with this conclusion here:

Buy Force Awakens Pack for Zen Pinball 2 on PS Vita, get:
    • Force Awakens Pack for Zen Pinball 2 (Vita)
    • Force Awakens Pack for Star Wars Pinball (Vita)
    • Force Awakens Pack for Zen Pinball 2 (PS3)
    • Force Awakens Pack for Star Wars Pinball (PS3)
    • Force Awakens Pack for Zen Pinball 2 (PS4)

Also, when I eventually play this on PS3/4, do trophies pop automatically or do I need to re-earn them?
    Yes.

Do you mean to ask if you earn trophies on Vita, do they automatically pop on PS3/4? If I remember correctly, the PS4 trophies are separate from the PS3 and Vita versions.

Yes.

Do you mean to ask if you earn trophies on Vita, do they automatically pop on PS3/4? If I remember correctly, the PS4 trophies are separate from the PS3 and Vita versions.

I was wondering about that. I don't own a Vita but if I buy the Vita version (it is the on,y one showing in the web store and console store), I will be able to download the PS3 versions now so I don't have to wait?

I was wondering about that. I don't own a Vita but if I buy the Vita version (it is the on,y one showing in the web store and console store), I will be able to download the PS3 versions now so I don't have to wait?
    The PSN store is still updating, the PS3 version isn't available yet in North America.

Thanks for the clarification on the cross-buy features.

I think I was able to find the trophy answer from your own FAQ, actually:

Will the scoreboards/trophies from PS3 carry over? Are the trophies the same as the PS3 version?

The trophies are the same as in the PS3 version; however there is no way to carry over scoreboards/trophies from the PS3 or Vita.
    Also, upon further research, trophies will unlock automatically for the main 'Zen Pinball 2' game (like get 150 million or 2000 pro score, etc), but table specific trophies need to be re-earned. Sounds alright to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
    You have to earn each and every trophy. No auto pops

The PSN store is still updating, the PS3 version isn't available yet in North America.
    Looks like PS3 is up now, just waiting for the PS4 version to pop up in North America.

Reminder that purchasing in-game may not function for the first day - be sure to download each version directly from the PSN store.

Looks like PS3 is up now, just waiting for the PS4 version to pop up in North America.

Reminder that purchasing in-game may not function for the first day - be sure to download each version directly from the PSN store.

Ok, the ps4 ones are live too! Only could play for a few seconds now, love them!

Ok, the ps4 ones are live too! Only could play for a few seconds now, love them!
    Awesome! Have fun!

Whoever decided to put the "A long time ago, in a galaxy..." trophy into Star Wars Pinball deserves to be fired . Seriously that minigame is really stupid. There is no pattern at all. At first I thought the next net is spawning the direction you're facing at a certain point but I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. They're spawning in your way a good chunk of the time though and oftentimes you're in an absolute no win situation because the reach of the nets is huge. Unless I'm missing something very obvious here I'd say this is by far the stupidest trophy you guys ever put in one of your games

Just to update/consolidate info on this pack:

So far we have released on PSN (Europe and North America), Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows 10, Mac and Steam. We're getting some reports of players unable to purchase the pack on Xbox 360, so we're talking to Microsoft now to see about resolving this. Thursday, we will release the tables on mobile platforms (Android, Amazon, iOS and tvOS). Trailers for both tables can be found here, along with direct store links for each platform: https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=6168

I just had ZP2 crash on the PS4 when checking the Table guide for this table mid-game. I was on a good go too, sad face. It reset me back to the very start of ZP2, I'm in the UK and it's only happened once after a few games.

I just had ZP2 crash on the PS4 when checking the Table guide for this table mid-game. I was on a good go too, sad face. It reset me back to the very start of ZP2, I'm in the UK and it's only happened once after a few games.
    This is probably a silly question, but do you play it in English (I assume you do)? Trying to see if this is a localization error or not.

Whoever decided to put the "A long time ago, in a galaxy..." trophy into Star Wars Pinball deserves to be fired . Seriously that minigame is really stupid. There is no pattern at all. At first I thought the next net is spawning the direction you're facing at a certain point but I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. They're spawning in your way a good chunk of the time though and oftentimes you're in an absolute no win situation because the reach of the nets is huge. Unless I'm missing something very obvious here I'd say this is by far the stupidest trophy you guys ever put in one of your games
    Well, that would be me. Yes, this is a harder trophy, but I had in mind if the table is an easier one, at least one of the trophies should be harder. There is no pattern bacause if the mode had one, you could play it forever. The mini playfield is divided into 15 squares. The code always picks one square around BB-8 and sends the next net. Thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Well, that would be me. Yes, this is a harder trophy, but I had in mind if the table is an easier one, at least one of the trophies should be harder. There is no pattern bacause if the mode had one, you could play it forever. The mini playfield is divided into 15 squares. The code always picks one square around BB-8 and sends the next net. Thats it.
    Fair enough. However I really think there is too much luck involved still. It's like getting a Straight Flush in Poker. You will come close fairly often but in the end the odds are very much against you. I don't have anything against harder trophies obviously but I'd rather fail because I wasn't good enough instead of failing because the game decided to give me an unwinable pattern. Thanks for the information on where the next net will be (kinda). I'll try to use that information to create a somewhat safe method

PS: Other than this complaint about the trophy I really like this table. Unlike most other people around here I actually like The Force Awakens better than Might of the First Order. It just has a really nice flow and a missed shot isn't an instant death trap like some other tables. Might of the First Order is really solid as well and almost as good as The Force Awakens. However there is one part I really don't like about that: The space between the left orbit and the left sinkhole that leads to the miniplayfield is a really terrible death trap. If you're placing your shot anywhere in between those two targets it's about a 50/50 chance of the ball bouncing straight into the center drain. I feel like that entire left section should be just a little bit higher up. Then again that may cause different kinds of trouble

Fair enough. However I really think there is too much luck involved still. It's like getting a Straight Flush in Poker. You will come close fairly often but in the end the odds are very much against you. I don't have anything against harder trophies obviously but I'd rather fail because I wasn't good enough instead of failing because the game decided to give me an unwinable pattern. Thanks for the information on where the next net will be (kinda). I'll try to use that information to create a somewhat safe method
    You can start the mode as many times you need to unlock the trophy. You will keep the progress even across the main and side modes, so you don't need to trigger all the nets in one run. Yes, it is a bit luck related mode, but I had to put an end to it or you could play it straigth to the billionaire's club

This is probably a silly question, but do you play it in English (I assume you do)? Trying to see if this is a localization error or not.
    Yep, English

Yep, English
    Thanks! Will let the team know!

You can start the mode as many times you need to unlock the trophy. You will keep the progress even across the main and side modes, so you don't need to trigger all the nets in one run. Yes, it is a bit luck related mode, but I had to put an end to it or you could play it straigth to the billionaire's club
    So I'm assuming one net needs to drop on every one of those 15 squares? Because I've got a game going now where over several tries on the minigame a total of over 60 nets must've dropped but still nothing

So I'm assuming one net needs to drop on every one of those 15 squares?
    That's right. It has to be unlocked this way. Maybe 1 spot still missed.

That's right. It has to be unlocked this way. Maybe 1 spot still missed.
    Looks like I interpreted the trophy description wrong then. I thought there was an end to that minigame that you'd have to reach so I tried that over and over and always restarted when I didn't get it . Now everything makes a lot more sense. It can still be a pain to get nets to drop in certain spots but it's obviously a lot easier than what I was attempting . Thanks for clearing this up for me

@Deep, how many scenes are there? I got up to scene 9 and feel like I haven't even reached the half way point of the movie. Most of the main modes are fun. Another question I have is how do you defeat the Rathtars without starting a multiball (to get the extra ball)? Does that simply mean you should avoid hitting the captured ball in the tentacles? And lastly, it seems to require more and more hits to the spot targets every time you relight them. Is there an upper limit? I think I got to the point where it was taking 5 hits to relight the kickbacks. It was getting to the point where it was getting too risky to attempt to relight them.

The one thing I hate is the Kylo Ren side mode. When if first begins, the kickout from bumper area can be brutal. I've had a few straight down the middle drains when that mode starts. Also I wish the lighting was better. The red flashing lamps which indicate whether the ball is going to be kicked out from the left or right holes above the outlanes is subtle. I've lost a couple balls because I couldn't tell which side it was going to be kicked out from and the speed at which the ball is ejected can be quite fast.

Overall, the table is quite fun. The real meat of the table seems to be numerous main modes. I'm excited to see them all.

There are 12 scenes in total.
    I don't know if there is an upper limit to the amount of hits it takes to relight certain things. It got to a point where I had to spell BB-8 seven times to get another chance at the minigame. However it might be just that mode.

New SW tables notshowing up on PS4 - purchased force awakens pack on ps3 (north America)- on ps4 zen version is up to date, did a license restore, and on the psn store it say the force awakens pack is installed - but the game icons are not in the list of games in the my collection screen

Help!!!

Yeh I've been rocking SW The First Order Table since I got the pack. Scored over a Billion, went thro all Modes twice in that game.

I played my first serious game on Force Awakens Table. Got to Scene 10 but choked.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by DA5ID View Post
    New SW tables notshowing up on PS4 - purchased force awakens pack on ps3 (north America)- on ps4 zen version is up to date, did a license restore, and on the psn store it say the force awakens pack is installed - but the game icons are not in the list of games in the my collection screen
    Go to the web store, go to your download list, and click on "download to PS4". This will make your PS4 redownload the content, the next time you start up the system.

store.playstation.com
    Last edited by shogun00; 01-13-2016 at 04:48 AM.

Cool

Got just a glimpse of both tables. I've been up way to long. Had a 16 hr day and basically doing the same thing tomorrow. I'm really liking Might of the First Order right from the bat. There doesn't seem to be any straight to start a mode. Of course I haven't read the guide just trying to figure it out for myself. Like undertable aspect in locking the ball. didn't quite get to MB I think my reflexes were amiss.

Not to take away from Force Awakens. Deep, You did some tweaking on those sling-shots. Those blaze by. The table is way faster than Might of the First order. Where the first one require really accurate shots IMO, FA is fast and furious. The easier table of the 2 for sure well at first glance as I definitely had the ball out longer on FA than MoTO.

I find it interesting that you can't choose a scene on this table like the other episodes. If there is, I must be tired as I seemed to be staring at the screen. Disregard. When I get time I will delve into the tables. I won't get a chance till Friday as 3 straight 16hr days are ahead of me.

Anyway grats Zen on another fine pack. A great start to 2016. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us as far as tables go

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Go to the web store, go to your download list, and click on "download to PS4". This will make your PS4 redownload the content, the next time you start up the system.

store.playstation.com
    Thanks so much for the info - worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    @Deep, how many scenes are there? I got up to scene 9 and feel like I haven't even reached the half way point of the movie. Most of the main modes are fun. Another question I have is how do you defeat the Rathtars without starting a multiball (to get the extra ball)? Does that simply mean you should avoid hitting the captured ball in the tentacles? And lastly, it seems to require more and more hits to the spot targets every time you relight them. Is there an upper limit? I think I got to the point where it was taking 5 hits to relight the kickbacks. It was getting to the point where it was getting too risky to attempt to relight them.

The one thing I hate is the Kylo Ren side mode. When if first begins, the kickout from bumper area can be brutal. I've had a few straight down the middle drains when that mode starts. Also I wish the lighting was better. The red flashing lamps which indicate whether the ball is going to be kicked out from the left or right holes above the outlanes is subtle. I've lost a couple balls because I couldn't tell which side it was going to be kicked out from and the speed at which the ball is ejected can be quite fast.

Overall, the table is quite fun. The real meat of the table seems to be numerous main modes. I'm excited to see them all.
    There are 12 main modes.
    About Rathtars: There are two phases of the mode. You can hit any Rathar in the first phase (see DMD for hit countdown) in the second phase, you have to hit only the two Rathtars on the sides for the extra ball.

About kickout: there is no difference between the normal and the detonator ball, there is no kickout. The bumpers can hit the ball that way it can come out from there faster than other times, it depends on the physics. Yes I agree this table is a bit faster, but the movie is fast paced too, so I just wanted to implement the dynamism into the table. I'm happy you enjoy it!
    Last edited by deep; 01-13-2016 at 07:10 AM.

There are 12 main modes.
    About Rathtars: There are two phases of the mode. You can hit any Rathar in the first phase (see DMD for hit countdown) in the second phase, you have to hit only the two Rathtars on the sides for the extra ball.

About kickout: there is no difference between the normal and the detonator ball, there is no kickout. The bumpers can hit the ball that way it can come out from there faster than other times, it depends on the physics. Yes I agree this table is a bit faster, but the movie is fast paced too, so I just wanted to implement the dynamism into the table. I'm happy you enjoy in!
    Yeah, I didn't really use the term kickout correctly. I just meant that when the detonator ball exited from the bumper area it occasionally shot straight down the middle. Probably just bad luck. I eventually did reach the wizard mode. The main modes were pretty fun. Thanks for the info about how to get the EB on the Rathtars MB.

Both tables are brilliant.

The lower playfield is throwing me off a bit with the flippers being so close and similar to the main flippers. I think it would help if the camera zoomed slightly when the ball is in the lower level in single ball mode - and the flippers were reversed in color (red flippers with white bands).

Unhappy Why don't you guys use the new music??

i have bought the new tables at the first time, and it's fun as usual.
    Only one thing, why can't you guys use the new music from movie?
    like Rey's theme or March of the Resistance, or the ending music, the Jedi steps and Finale.
    these music are all awesome and iconic, when i watch the movie, those music gave me the most emotions.
    but you guys used the old track from the New Hope, The Throne Room/End title, I mean it's iconic and one of my favorite as well, but it just simply can't bring the new feelings to me. I bet many would think the same.
    if you guys can make an update of changing the soundtrack would means a lot to many Star Wars fans, Thank you

I know the possibilities of successfully making you guys do the update is little..but never tell me the odds.

Woo! Have fun!
    Having a similar issue. Bought on PS store for PS4, but I can only play the demo versions. Tried a license restore with no luck. I'm in North America.

edit: Nevermind...fixed with the PS4 firmware update....errrg
    Last edited by Trollwart; 01-13-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Really liking both tables so far...They nailed the Star Wars atmosphere especially on the ''First Order" table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took third place on the PS4 on the Might of the First Order table with 874 million. Had another game that came to about 850 million. Hoping to take first today

Took third place on the PS4 on the Might of the First Order table with 874 million. Had another game that came to about 850 million. Hoping to take first today
    I've haven't played it much but quickly realised the Multiball (is it called Crushing?) where you knock the ball across on the playfield under the glass is easy to start and profitable. So I played a game doing just that and nearly got a billion easily, did get boring though lol. Might be the best/safest way for a good score but I'm sure there's more interesting ways!

Excellent tables, can't wait to play some more and check out all the features.

I've haven't played it much but quickly realised the Multiball (is it called Crushing?) where you knock the ball across on the playfield under the glass is easy to start and profitable. So I played a game doing just that and nearly got a billion easily, did get boring though lol. Might be the best/safest way for a good score but I'm sure there's more interesting ways!

Excellent tables, can't wait to play some more and check out all the features.
    Just got first with 1,234 billion . I found the multiballs to be a bit tricky since the big points come from the double supers which are really hard to hit. Even the regular jackpots can be a pain. I think that getting to wizard mode with lots of modes played is the most rewarding thing by far. However completing the Ability Test is a huge pain.
    Also Troops is actually an incredibly effective mode to get points as well. The rewards for hitting the captive ball go up very fast. If you can keep it going for a little bit and hit those loops as fast as you can you can get 20 million or more for a single captive ball freed.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchwaver View Post
    Only one thing, why can't you guys use the new music from movie?
    New here but yes to this! I was feeling this as I played the new tables. Rey's theme would be perfect here and the music does so much to capture the mood of a movie that it feels a shame that there are no Force Awakens themes here. Or at least none that I have heard.

I have no doubt access to materials during development can't have been easy but now that the movie is out, any chance we'll get some themes from the movie?

Related to that, BB-8's sounds appear to be temp sounds put in before the movie was finished. The Sphero BB-8 had the same sounds until the release of the movie and it got an update to replace them with the actual movie BB-8 sounds.

Great tables though. As soon as I saw the movie, I found myself hoping for a Zen Pinball table and here they are.

Just wanted to update everyone on the release - the tables are available on iOS and Google Play today. We're seeing some crashing happening on the Amazon version so we're investigating. Still no word on the Xbox 360 purchasing issues but I'll update as soon as I hear some news.

Just a little tip I've learned on The Force Awakens table, on the Scrap side mission when the ball enters the upper playfield (with the 2 flippers) don't use the upper flipper - if you use just the lower one the ball tends to stay up there and you can earn the Extra Ball quite easily.

Great table, just beat the final scene and look forward to improving my score

Here's the Wizard Mode if anyone's interested:

Looks like Microsoft has resolved the issue and the table is available for purchase on Xbox 360 in-game now. Let me know if you have any trouble downloading.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 01-15-2016 at 02:08 AM.

2 great tables thanks guys

Love the bb-8 pinball mission
    funny to see him rolling around the table
    Neat how background changes with the scenes

Like the Poe / trooper fight and flame throwers on first order too
    Very fun and interesting to watch
    And unique mode to push ball across the underneath play field

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast