Zen Pinball for Apple TV

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wotnosnow
    • Feb 2016

If you can't or won't support the Apple TV certified MFI controller ...

Then you shouldn't be permitted to publish games on Apple TV.

How many more times must we state:

THIS IS NOT A TV LAG PROBLEM
    THIS IS NOT A FIRMWARE ISSUE
    ???

THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT EXISTS BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO REFUSE TO SUPPORT THE APPLE CERTIFIED MFI CONTROLLER

Please for the sake of all our sanity, PLEASE support the Apple certified SteelSeries Nimbus controller

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2012

Hey guys - the team has some suggestions and questions for this issue, and if anyone is willing to test this out it could be helpful to us - please try to connect to a monitor/another TV having a response time around 14ms, and see if that works. If the game does work properly on a monitor, then this means that the TV/cable has a bad response time (which adjusting the input settings should help).

In the past we have also seen cases where the HDMI cable caused lag: if it is not good quality and it is long, it may result in this behavior. If you can, you may want to try a different (better quality/shorter) HDMI cable.

Additional questions:
      Do you also see input lag with the Siri remote? Or is it just the Nimbus?
      Does the issue appear right from the start or does the lag “build up” over some time?

Comment

• Curry2isBomb
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
        Hey guys - the team has some suggestions and questions for this issue, and if anyone is willing to test this out it could be helpful to us - please try to connect to a monitor/another TV having a response time around 14ms, and see if that works. If the game does work properly on a monitor, then this means that the TV/cable has a bad response time (which adjusting the input settings should help).

In the past we have also seen cases where the HDMI cable caused lag: if it is not good quality and it is long, it may result in this behavior. If you can, you may want to try a different (better quality/shorter) HDMI cable.

Additional questions:
        Do you also see input lag with the Siri remote? Or is it just the Nimbus?
        Does the issue appear right from the start or does the lag “build up” over some time?
        This ever get fixed? Ordered the steel series nimbus specifically for the zen app before reading about the lag issue.

Comment

• ChuckGordon
          • Apr 2018

I use the Steelseries Nimbus controller with my AppleTv and it works fine. If there is lag I do not see it. I have my AppleTV connected directly to my TV with a highspeed HDMI cable. My concern is that Not all of the games that I have purchased are on the Apple TV. Hmmm. I have on my computer and iPhone several games including Back to the Future, Jaws, Ailens, Star Wars, and a couple others. But only a few, Ailens are on the AppleTV. Why don't the other games download to AppleTV?

Comment

• ChuckGordon
            • Apr 2018

It says on your blog...............Additionally, any tables you’ve purchased on the iOS version of Zen Pinball can be played on your Apple TV, and vice versa! I have found that this is not true. I see a couple of tables that I purchased for my Mac on AppleTV but not all of them. How can I get the other ones to download?

Comment

• GordLacey
              • Nov 2011

Have you tried restoring your purchases on the Apple TV? Also, if you have more than one account on the Apple TV, make sure you're signed in with the proper account.

Oh, and I'm not sure if the MAC and iOS versions are cross-compatible. I think they're two separate products. iOS definitely goes between iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
              Last edited by GordLacey; 04-18-2018, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...