X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Zen Pinball for Apple TV

Zen Pinball is now available on Apple TV Play your purchased iOS tables on tvOS! More info on our blog page here.
  • Laladien
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
    Zen Pinball is now available on Apple TV Play your purchased iOS tables on tvOS! More info on our blog page here.

Ok, but when I go to restore purchases, it doesn't recognize that I own any of the iOS tables and I own a good number of them. I tried re-buying one of them, and it actually charged me for it... that seems wrong. I bought this under the assumption that all previously purchased tables would be restorable...

Comment

• Nexyss
      • Jan 2016

Lag with Nimbus remote

Hi, just installed on Apple TV. Games look great, but there is a lot of lag when using the Nimbus controller.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Nexyss
        Hi, just installed on Apple TV. Games look great, but there is a lot of lag when using the Nimbus controller.
        Sorry, the app doesn't support the Nimbus controller. Supported controllers are listed in the blog link above ^^^

Comment

• SphyrnaMokarran
          • Jan 2016

But the Nimbus controller is a MFi Controller...

Sorry, the app doesn't support the Nimbus controller. Supported controllers are listed in the blog link above ^^^
          Hi,
          The only listing I am able to find in the blog link is for the Siri remote and MFi controllers. And the Steelseries Nimbus is the by Apple recommended MFi controller. And there is definitely a lag problem when playing Zen Pinball on Apple TV using the Nimbus...

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by SphyrnaMokarran
            Hi,
            The only listing I am able to find in the blog link is for the Siri remote and MFi controllers. And the Steelseries Nimbus is the by Apple recommended MFi controller. And there is definitely a lag problem when playing Zen Pinball on Apple TV using the Nimbus...
            You may want to adjust your TV input settings - sometimes game modes or other input modes can cause lag. I hope that helps!

Comment

• dirtydvd
              • Jan 2016

AppleTV

Originally posted by SphyrnaMokarran
              Hi,
              Agreed...tried everything with TV settings etc, and the only lag is the flippers...too bad...makes it unplayable on Apple TV. The Srii remote is not usable for a pinball game. You need to be able to hit both at the same times many times. What a shame.

Comment

• snork
                • Jan 2016

I have the Star Wars Pinball app on iOS. Bought a few tables there. Just downloaded Zen Pinball for Apple TV 4 (tvOS), and it won't restore my purchases??? This app is a fail if I have to buy them again

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by snork
                  I have the Star Wars Pinball app on iOS. Bought a few tables there. Just downloaded Zen Pinball for Apple TV 4 (tvOS), and it won't restore my purchases??? This app is a fail if I have to buy them again
                  Sorry, the tables don't transfer between the ZP and standalone apps.

Comment

• wotnosnow
                    • Feb 2016

Flipper lag on Zen Pinball with certified SteelSeries Nimbus controller on Apple TV

I appreciate this has already been mentioned, but do you intend to support the Apple certified SteelSeries Nimbus controller for use with Apple TV? The flipper lag is dreadful and makes the game unplayable - this is not what I expect when using Apple certified products with approved third party software.

Using the Siri remote is not an option for playing pinball, there are times when both flippers need to be used simultaneously and this is not possible with the included remote.

Please address this issue.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by wotnosnow
                      I appreciate this has already been mentioned, but do you intend to support the Apple certified SteelSeries Nimbus controller for use with Apple TV? The flipper lag is dreadful and makes the game unplayable - this is not what I expect when using Apple certified products with approved third party software.

Using the Siri remote is not an option for playing pinball, there are times when both flippers need to be used simultaneously and this is not possible with the included remote.

Please address this issue.
                      The Nimbus isn't officially supported, though it may help with lag if you adjust your TV's input settings.

Comment

• GenErik
                        • Feb 2016

Shocked by answers

The tvOS version of Zen Pinball features all the same great content and huge library of tables as the iOS version along with both Siri remote and MFi controller support.
                        Answers in this thread makes no sense. The Steel Series Nimbus is the Apple recommended MFi controller. You support MFi controller. Ergo you support the number one used controller with the AppleTV: The Steel Series Nimbus. Correct?

Do you even play this game yourself before you release? Did you only play it with the Siri remote? The lag is NOT related to the TV (we know how to set it to game mode/lag free mode). The Nimbus has zero lag in all other games, this an issue with Zen Pinball. Please come back with a proper answer on how you plan to resolve this as the game is unplayable in its current state. Using the Siri remote is not an option as many have pointed out.

For the record both my Nimbus controllers are up to date with the latest firmware.

Comment

• omar5687
                          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by GenErik
                          Answers in this thread makes no sense. The Steel Series Nimbus is the Apple recommended MFi controller. You support MFi controller. Ergo you support the number one used controller with the AppleTV: The Steel Series Nimbus. Correct?

Do you even play this game yourself before you release? Did you only play it with the Siri remote? The lag is NOT related to the TV (we know how to set it to game mode/lag free mode). The Nimbus has zero lag in all other games, this an issue with Zen Pinball. Please come back with a proper answer on how you plan to resolve this as the game is unplayable in its current state. Using the Siri remote is not an option as many have pointed out.

For the record both my Nimbus controllers are up to date with the latest firmware.
                          Agreed the Nimbus is the best Apple TV Controller on the market, and the lag input is ridiculous, who ever is in charge of QC needs to be made aware of this issue.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by omar5687
                            Agreed the Nimbus is the best Apple TV Controller on the market, and the lag input is ridiculous, who ever is in charge of QC needs to be made aware of this issue.
                            As I mentioned in another thread, we also saw lag with the Nimbus controller during testing, but adjusting the TV input settings helped.

Comment

• GenErik
                              • Feb 2016

As I mentioned in another thread, we also saw lag with the Nimbus controller during testing, but adjusting the TV input settings helped.
                              No you mentioned it in this thread. But I stated that signal lag is NOT the issue quite clearly. You may want to read this again:

The lag is NOT related to the TV (we know how to set it to game mode/lag free mode). The Nimbus has zero lag in all other games, this an issue with Zen Pinball. Please come back with a proper answer on how you plan to resolve this as the game is unplayable in its current state.

Comment

Working...