Thread: FX2 Pinball app fails at first screen display

Default FX2 Pinball app fails at first screen display

I am trying to install and run the FX2 Pinball app in Windows 10. The application will display the first screen (a splash page for zen and then returns to my desktop. Deep in the errors log are notations for Yap_win10.exe had an error and pinball failed on a remote procedure call. This file is located in folders associated with the Zen application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dwlmg View Post
    I am trying to install and run the FX2 Pinball app in Windows 10. The application will display the first screen (a splash page for zen and then returns to my desktop. Deep in the errors log are notations for Yap_win10.exe had an error and pinball failed on a remote procedure call. This file is located in folders associated with the Zen application.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Are you running it on a PC or tablet? Specs please!

Default Dell Inspiron 7010

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Are you running it on a PC or tablet? Specs please!
    I am running a Dell Inspiron N7010 laptop, Intel i5 cpu, 6 gigs ram, 64 bit OS, Windows 10 Home. I think the graphics are the built in Intel.

Quote Originally Posted by dwlmg View Post
    I am running a Dell Inspiron N7010 laptop, Intel i5 cpu, 6 gigs ram, 64 bit OS, Windows 10 Home. I think the graphics are the built in Intel.
    Thanks! If a reinstall doesn't work, let me know and I'll have the team check it out.

BTW, we also have a version on Steam, it's free and comes with one table. If you already have Steam installed, check it out

Default Reinstall

Thanks! If a reinstall doesn't work, let me know and I'll have the team check it out.

BTW, we also have a version on Steam, it's free and comes with one table. If you already have Steam installed, check it out
    I have re-installed multiple times. Here is the error from the windows application log.

Faulting application name: Jigsaw.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55fac063
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.20, time stamp: 0x5654262a
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x000dc089
    Faulting process id: 0x49d0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d14f133873b166
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftJigsaw_1.3.15 09.1706_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Jigsaw.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 044cd2a9-2774-4d03-9e18-1a6b91b55c55
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftJigsaw_1.3.1509.1706_x86__8weky b3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Here is the error from the Windows/TWinui/Operational Log
    Activation via contract helper of the app ZenStudios.PinballFX2Windows10Edition_sqz2yzgfp6bz 4!App for the Windows.Launch contract failed with The remote procedure call failed

Thanks! I'll have the team take a look.

Oddly enough I have this same issue only after installing the most recent game update through the Windows Store for Windows 10. Game launches fine, but as soon as I hit "A" to sign in the game crashes. Re-installing did not fix this for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lundon44 View Post
    Oddly enough I have this same issue only after installing the most recent game update through the Windows Store for Windows 10. Game launches fine, but as soon as I hit "A" to sign in the game crashes. Re-installing did not fix this for me.
    What kind of PC/tablet are you using? What controller are you using?

What kind of PC/tablet are you using? What controller are you using?
    I'm using the Dell XPS 15 (9550). I'm using the Xbox One controller via usb cable into the laptop. Also unplugged it and pressed "A" and enter on the keyboard to start and still crashes. Worked fine before the last update.

I know you ended Windows 8 support, but on my 2nd PC (Windows 8.1) as soon as I open Pinball FX2 it crashes to the desktop. I tried re-installing, WSReset, and running the Windows Ap troubleshooter. Any ideas?

16GB RAM, AMD R9 280x latest drivers, Intel i5 4670k, Windows 8,1 64-bit

I'm using the Dell XPS 15 (9550). I'm using the Xbox One controller via usb cable into the laptop. Also unplugged it and pressed "A" and enter on the keyboard to start and still crashes. Worked fine before the last update.
    Thanks - the team will check this out

Thanks - the team will check this out
    Any news? I noticed an update in the store and installed it hoping it would fix my issue. Sadly sill crashes as soon as I go to load the profile. While I can appreciate the fact there's a Steam version as well, none of my tables will carry over so that would be useless to me.

Any news? I noticed an update in the store and installed it hoping it would fix my issue. Sadly sill crashes as soon as I go to load the profile. While I can appreciate the fact there's a Steam version as well, none of my tables will carry over so that would be useless to me.
    Nothing at the moment, sorry.