Cab support controls what are the options?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • devorian
    • Sep 2013

I’ll keep this brief and to the point. I’m in the process of building a 3 monitor virtual pin table. I notice Pinball FX2 has cabinet support (Nice one for that) I’m currently using a Xin-Mo XM-02 2 Player joypad Encoder for my buttons which works fine for the other pinball emulators I’m running. Would I be correct in thinking that this will not work for Pinball FX2 because I’ll need a keyboard encoder to map out the various keys? There is no Joypad option in the cabinet support or is there?
  • devorian
    • Sep 2013

Lets put it another way… For those of you that have already finished your build, what did you use to control the flippers/buttons on your cabinet?

Comment

• moewe
      Pinhead
      • Aug 2013

I use a KADE Controller or/and an I-Pac 2

Comment

• mpad
        • May 2013

I use the VirtuaPin v2, which is recognized as a joy pad in Windows.
        As fx2 has fixed joy pad layouts, I use xpadder to remap the button pressed to keys and those I set in fx2. For the analogue nudge and plunger I emulate an Xbox controller with x360ce.
        And all of this because zen won't make free joy pad mapping available [emoji58]

Comment

• devorian
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by moewe
          I use a KADE Controller or/and an I-Pac 2
          Cheers Moewe, So there is no way to use the cheaper option of joystick controls then? That's a shame..... I'm surprised Zen overlooked the blatantly obvious. So I either now forget adding Zen tables altogether. Stretch to the expense of buying yet another encoder probably now looking at the I-pac mini. Or attempt soldering on a keyboard hack.

Comment

• devorian
            • Sep 2013

FYI you can skip the first 9 mins... I may give this a go
            This video demonstrates & documents using an "Off the shelf Dell keyboard" to serve as a multiple button input controller for a Mame styled gaming cabinet. U...

Comment

• L33
              • May 2015

iPac for me...controls Fx2 and TPA and was easy to set up.

Comment

• devorian
                • Sep 2013

Going off on a tangent here but isn't TPA even less geared to cabinet set up than FX2? This is the very reason I haven’t entertained TPA. At least I have all the 3 screens working with FX2.

Comment

• mpad
                  • May 2013

Originally posted by devorian
                  Going off on a tangent here but isn't TPA even less geared to cabinet set up than FX2? This is the very reason I haven’t entertained TPA. At least I have all the 3 screens working with FX2.
                  yes and no.
                  With the free camera mod it is even better set up. Same features as zen with backglass, movable and resizeable DMD and you can freely control the camera.

Comment

• devorian
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by mpad
                    yes and no.
                    With the free camera mod it is even better set up. Same features as zen with backglass, movable and resizeable DMD and you can freely control the camera.
                    I did take a quick look at TPA seeing as it came with a free table "Tales of the Arabian Nights" In the settings it was very limited and there was no options to do all the things you say. Do the options change when you sign up and buy more tables Mpad?

Comment

• mpad
                      • May 2013

No, sorry for not being more clear. you have to download the so called free camera mod found here http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthr...ree-Camera-Mod
                      Make sure to read the guide and download the camera files by Robert for a start. It is not much work to set up and a real game changer. Should work with the free table also, I guess.

Comment

• devorian
                        • Sep 2013

Ah Good man, I shall give this a whirl.

Comment

Working...