Thread: For the Wii U faithful!

Default For the Wii U faithful!

While it seems they have no time for us these days... sigh...if it weren't for Zen Studios, us Wii U fans wouldn't have had the many hours of playing their great pinball game and awesome tables under our belts! We are thankful to them despite them clearly supporting our favorite console last. Their game is the best in the world!

That being said, 99% of you are also familiar with the other major app. and 95% of you probably know that its release is eminent... very very soon. I call all of us to keep playing pinball on the Wii U! This app has over 60 tables releasing in 2016 on the Wii U. There is a Wii U teaser video on you tube by the developer of this app, and it looks to be an excellent piece of work! Like Zen Pinball, the Wii U version looks better lit and more detail, and a bit smoother than the xbox 360 version.

The Wii U pinball community is getting another shot in the arm, and it's a fantastic one . Play on!

And here we were told it wouldn't look nearly as good on the Wii U. I call it lazy development. What's more surprising is after all this time they are actually following through and releasing this. They must feel there's a market out there for this otherwise it would be a complete waste of resources. Glad it's finally coming though as Zen has had zero competition for far too long.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    And here we were told it wouldn't look nearly as good on the Wii U. I call it lazy development. What's more surprising is after all this time they are actually following through and releasing this. They must feel there's a market out there for this otherwise it would be a complete waste of resources. Glad it's finally coming though as Zen has had zero competition for far too long.
    Agreed. Thing is, it seems this one was, from a technical standpoint, built some time ago. I literally went back and saw Farsight employees promising soon release around Jan- Feb of 2013...Probably had too much into it to not release it, Tech. It sat there, almost done, on the back burner. Getting it release ready was probably at the bottom of the list of to do's for 3 years worth of staff meetings LOL. Like that bag of chia seeds in your pantry that you keep saying you will use.

I am no programmer but would guess that there were multiple factors in the delay. For example, this game is vitrually the same on Steam, PC, PS 3, 4, XBOX 360, one. Throw the Wii U and you have to make "alterations". How to work in the gamepad and other things that require additional programming routines. And then there is Nintendo itself. Years of promises to be better with 3rd parties but many will tell you, still behind the curve on that. And real tables were full of double entendra (spelling?) or whatever, so maybe Nintendo wasn't real happy with, who knows.

But it will be a great time playing this on the system. The version looks, at least, awesome.
    Last edited by steven120566; 03-05-2016 at 03:58 PM.

For me it's to late anyway... I am already playing these tables on my PS4.
    Decided not to spend any money on the ZEN tables though on the PS4, after spending to much money on the castrated WiiU version. Not spending any money on ZEN or my WiiU anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by tfhfony View Post
    For me it's to late anyway... I am already playing these tables on my PS4.
    Decided not to spend any money on the ZEN tables though on the PS4, after spending to much money on the castrated WiiU version. Not spending any money on ZEN or my WiiU anymore.
    I take it you are not a Wii U faithful? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by steven120566 View Post
    I take it you are not a Wii U faithful? LOL!
    LOL.. indeed. Decided to accept my losses and to continue...
    Though I still use the WiiU for some Nintendo only games iike Mario Kart 8... Still love it

LOL.. indeed. Decided to accept my losses and to continue...
    Though I still use the WiiU for some Nintendo only games iike Mario Kart 8... Still love it
    Well there is alot of pinball competition to be had in the Wii U. I am gonna only buy pinball games, and probably all that Zen and Farsight put out on it, for as long as they do so. And will play the system till it goes dark or nobody at all is still playing along with me. Then whether it's NX or not will follow Zen and Farsight to whatever console most people I have on my friends list go to LOL.

But I doubt I will ever use a touchscreen for flippers... and I won't ever put some bizarre apparatus over my eyes to play...my pinball fix needs a real system with buttons.

As for the original subject... we still wait. I am starting to blame Nintendo for this pinball soap opera that we Nintendo players have had to endure.

Default Release Date!

The Pinball Arcade releases on Wii U this Thursday, April 21st according to this Nintendo link:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail...l-arcade-wii-u

This is North America only at this time, apparently. As Ripley's Believe it or not says.... Time to rock!

The Pinball Arcade releases on Wii U this Thursday, April 21st according to this Nintendo link:

This is North America only at this time, apparently. As Ripley's Believe it or not says.... Time to rock!
    Well since this is the Zen forum I will make a final post in this thread....

The said game is out. Solidly bug free, excellent eshop integration, and promised updates. Lots of tables! Really enjoying it.

Enough about the NX! Who cares, man? It won't be in a single person's ownership for a long time, let alone 13 million like the Wii U. Between TPA and Zen/Star Wars, the Wii U is again the perfect home for my pinball habit. Cheers!
    Last edited by steven120566; 04-23-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Well since this is the Zen forum I will make a final post in this thread....

The said game is out. Solidly bug free, excellent eshop integration, and promised updates. Lots of tables! Really enjoying it.
    And somehow working leaderboards are a feature in TPA. How is that possible with Nintendo? So confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    And somehow working leaderboards are a feature in TPA. How is that possible with Nintendo? So confused.
    Well... TPA s servers are more reliable, but there are some differences between the two games' server functions...

Zen's leaderboards are more complex. They allow for Miiverse friend integration, TPAs do not. Zen's interaction allows real time updates on friends weekly all time in game, TPAs do not. TPAs are cool in that they flow into the farsight servers. They allow you to play with, and see your scores over the cross platform database. I believe this will facilitate tourneys on the Wii U as easily and android/steam Pros and cons either way I suppose. Zen's are more featured, TPAs are more stable.
    Last edited by steven120566; 04-23-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Well we now have the two great games. I can't see a pinball fan saying that both are not must own on the Wii U.

Although I do like the cross platform leaderboards, I miss the Miiverse integration that Zen put in. Zen also has more options for game control and gamepad integration, although that is a promised update on the TPA now, confirmed.

Like I said, the point of the thread was that pinball is alive and well over here on the Wii U. Thanks for the games Zen and Farsight and thanks for chiming in!

Wow, every platform got a Star Wars sale except Wii U. Even though (most) of those tables are available on the eShop. If memory serves the same thing happened last year and Wii U owners were left out in the cold.

We all understand the Wii U is hard to design for and things take longer, but you either decide to include us in a sale and make us feel valued or you don't.

That's just..........sad.
    Last edited by Everly; 04-29-2016 at 08:33 PM.

I don't quite understand why the Wii U can't be included in this. It's not like they have to release new tables. We're talking about a sale of exsisting product. You would think they would want to promote their product even more so now that The Pinball Arcade is out at least here stateside. I don't think theyve had a sale in well over 2 years now. Glad i got a majority of mine in that last sale.

I don't quite understand why the Wii U can't be included in this. It's not like they have to release new tables. We're talking about a sale of exsisting product. You would think they would want to promote their product even more so now that The Pinball Arcade is out at least here stateside. I don't think theyve had a sale in well over 2 years now. Glad i got a majority of mine in that last sale.
    I agree, there is no real reason to leave Wii U out of the sale, esp since Nintendo allows publishers free reign for sales and patches on the eShop. Just seems they want the Wii U and its owners to go away. Even though I have a PS4 I just personally feel the game plays better on the Wii U, probably because that is what I'm used to. I enjoyed the trials of the Iron and Steel tables but I'm not buying them at full price. I might pick them up if they ever go on a decent sale. The Family Guy tables and the new Aliens ones just didn't feel that exciting to me when I played them on my PS4. I don't know if it was because I was playing them on a different platform or if I just didn't care for them. I did like the the final set of Star Wars tables and I would have picked those up on the Wii U, but seeing how they were released late and now a year old, sorry not paying $10 when the guy behind me can get them for $5.

You guys are spot on. Whether they are gonna publish more more on the system or not (which they haven't ruled out), this content is already there. And, as Everly suggested, no problems pushing a sale through to eshop. The eshop is still a profitable area for the Wii U. The last profitable area.

Since they are throwing this sale out there for virtually every platform, it is understandably somewhat irritating to the people who have invested in Zen/SW on this system.

Since the content is already out there, what on earth do they have to gain by excluding? What does it matter now if an old table sells at price X or Y on one platform when it's full sale on all the others?? Unless Everly's theory is right. But, my impression with a few communications I have had with the company over the last months, it is probably a case of prioritization from someone who is in charge of resource allocation in the areas of development (why we see no new tables) and also someone in marketing (which is why nobody wants to bother with a sale on the system either). My PC way of saying what you guys have. They just don't see the value . I think this may be wrong. SW tables in particular have brought alot of younger, Wii U only players to the game of pinball... They ought to keep that door open. A sale may get more interest in the game at virtually no cost. My $0.02
    Last edited by steven120566; 04-30-2016 at 04:52 PM.

Sorry guys. I wish things were different with Wii U. We can't always do every sale on every platform. If it worked that way, we absolutely would. I have let the team know you guys really want a sale, so hopefully we can work something out in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Sorry guys. I wish things were different with Wii U. We can't always do every sale on every platform. If it worked that way, we absolutely would. I have let the team know you guys really want a sale, so hopefully we can work something out in the future.
    I just think it is sad. Informed Nintendo owners know the policies of the eShop. This is from an interview with Dan Adelman in 2013 regarding the control developers have on Nintendo's digital store.

Independent developers completely control the price of their game; in fact, the price of your game can be set per region and even per country, and developers can even provide free-to-play models if they desire. You can set your own initial price and can even choose when you want your game to go on sale. If you want to permanently discount your game, you can do so.
    Zen Studios made the decision to run a platform wide sale on Star Wars themed tables and although they have the ability to include Wii U owners in that sale they opted not to. It is actions like this that make me feel valueless in Zen's eyes. Barbie is then left with a frustrated, albeit small, group of forum member that feel slighted and overlooked. Kudos to her for responding on the matter but I honestly have no faith that "the team" cares about how we feel.

I brought up the subject of a sale up back in Sept of last year and that landed on deaf ears. I feel we have been let down by a company we like, support, and want to see succeed...and that is why this hurts.
    Last edited by Everly; 04-30-2016 at 05:56 PM.

I actually really like the Aliens tables! If ever they came to the Wii U I would definitely purchase them again. Now the Fox ones I can do without.

I actually really like the Aliens tables! If ever they came to the Wii U I would definitely purchase them again. Now the Fox ones I can do without.
    Yeah, the Fox pack did nothing for me when I tried them. I did a run on each of the new Alien tables.....I don't know, just didn't thrill me. I think I'm tired of the dark and muted color pallets that games and movies (I'm looking at you Zach Snyder's BvS) insist on using. There are colors other than grey and dark grey you know. Castlestorm has a bit of that going on, but the light hearted theme brightens the mood.

Iron and Steel are on my wish list and AoU I would pick up because I like the franchise. I remember the last sale we got (fall of 2013) I decided I would pick up a couple tables and ended up getting 9.
    Last edited by Everly; 05-01-2016 at 02:28 PM.

Well, I didn't bother to wait and already bought a PS4 some months ago. But due to the way ZEN has handled the whole Scoreboard issues, bugs, release of tables on the WiiU, I have decided not to buy any of their products anymore.
    Have bought all the 4 seasons and also the season 5 pass on the PS4 for the Pinball Arcade. No ZEN software for me anymore in the future.

Yeah, the Fox pack did nothing for me when I tried them. I did a run on each of the new Alien tables.....I don't know, just didn't thrill me. I think I'm tired of the dark and muted color pallets that games and movies (I'm looking at you Zach Snyder's BvS) insist on using. There are colors other than grey and dark grey you know. Castlestorm has a bit of that going on, but the light hearted theme brightens the mood.

Iron and Steel are on my wish list and AoU I would pick up because I like the franchise. I remember the last sale we got (fall of 2013) I decided I would pick up a couple tables and ended up getting 9.
    It came at a perfect time for me as I just got the Wii U for that CHRISTmas. I bought a few tables then the next week they all went on sale and I spent like 40 to get the rest. Saved at least that.

I still love Zen tables and that will never change and I love my gamepad and really wish I could get all the tables there but I have to play these tables somehow so 360 for me I guess. I'm getting most of what I can't get on the Wii U but I would gladly buy all that I already have on 360 again.

Well, I didn't bother to wait and already bought a PS4 some months ago. But due to the way ZEN has handled the whole Scoreboard issues, bugs, release of tables on the WiiU, I have decided not to buy any of their products anymore.
    Have bought all the 4 seasons and also the season 5 pass on the PS4 for the Pinball Arcade. No ZEN software for me anymore in the future.
    My wife got me a PS4 for our anniversary back in December. I grabbed a disc copy of TPA Season 1. I really like the challenges. There weren't too many tables in Season 2 that I liked, but Season 3 has some good ones. I'm really hoping they make Swords of Fury, that is a table I loved growing up.

I hear what you are saying about the support. I can appreciate that technical limitations and allocation of resources can result in all of the things you mentioned and while I am not happy about it I can't really hold Zen responsible for things outside of their control. It is when there are things they can do and choose not to that make me feel unimportant to them.

If you are aware that a section of your customers are being left out, the good business move is to make it up to them. Mel chimed in on your thread with the statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    I hear your concerns and issues and agree that we have not supported you properly. We are working to make this right.
    I hadn't been active on the forum for a number of months when that was posted, but that brought me back. It was really the first time I felt someone from Zen acknowledge there was an inconsistency and they wanted to address it. It made me feel like I was important to them. As it turned out nothing really changed since then. New content continues to come late or not at all and if I had a nickel for everytime we were told, "We have not stopped supporting Wii U" or "We will post when we have Wii U news to share", well I wouldn't need a sale to pick up the tables I'm interested in.

Like I said earlier, Zen is a developer that we support and we want to see do well so what is happening is like someone you viewed as a friend turning to you and saying, "Listen, I never really liked you and I've tried to drop you hints about that but now I'll just come out and say it. Go Away!"

It came at a perfect time for me as I just got the Wii U for that CHRISTmas. I bought a few tables then the next week they all went on sale and I spent like 40 to get the rest. Saved at least that.

I still love Zen tables and that will never change and I love my gamepad and really wish I could get all the tables there but I have to play these tables somehow so 360 for me I guess. I'm getting most of what I can't get on the Wii U but I would gladly buy all that I already have on 360 again.
    Yeah, I dropped a chunk of change to fill out my library of Zen tables. I really like the PS4 but I'm not going to buy anything I already own on the Wii U and I prefer to play on the gamepad. For some reason it just feels natural.
    Last edited by Everly; 05-01-2016 at 03:22 PM.

I think we have all stuck some good $ into pinball. I really like what both companies have done. I also get irritated when conpanies write off hardware too early. I see two years of play before I consider owning any other console and will buy tables on Wii u probaby until late 2017 if they are making them. May not buy another console until late 2018 unless they shut down Wii u online. I have no idea which one I'd get then. We'll have to see what the NX is all about for sure. I have played multi patform and it is best on Wii u. Other consoles better than PC and mobile, but Wii u best!
    Last edited by steven120566; 05-01-2016 at 10:08 PM.

I think we have all stuck some good $ into pinball. I really like what both companies have done. I also get irritated when conpanies write off hardware too early. I see two years of play before I consider owning any other console and will buy tables on Wii u probaby until late 2017 if they are making them. May not buy another console until late 2018 unless they shut down Wii u online. I have no idea which one I'd get then. We'll have to see what the NX is all about for sure. I have played multi patform and it is best on Wii u. Other consoles better than PC and mobile, but Wii u best!
    Didn't really want to start a new thread for this, but I did want to make a statement on the Wii U support from Zen Studios. I mean...sometimes no news can be better than negative. For example one thing I have learned is that pinball fans are very smart! Seriously, hey The best case scenario as the Wii U moves towards its inevitable mortality (even PS 4 and xbone one are facing an inevitable mortality folks), but the best case is for us to assume they have stopped... then the worst that can happen is they surprise their Wii U fan base. Otherwise, we have already determined and accepted it. I see no need to force Zen to the mat on this issue

I see it this way, and I am as frustrated as you guys are... I would rather have non-commital Zen than them saying they have officially abandoned it. Everyone seems to be pushing them to declare it done for. I would rather them NOT say that, frankly. Still alot of people playing on the Wii U and everyone is trying to kill it too early.
    Last edited by steven120566; 05-25-2016 at 06:12 PM.

I guess I'm the opposite. I'd rather have finalization and told one way or the other and not the company line we'll let you know when we have news. That's been going on for 2 years now. You either have something in the works, plan to do more, or are finished with the platform.

I guess I'm the opposite. I'd rather have finalization and told one way or the other and not the company line we'll let you know when we have news. That's been going on for 2 years now. You either have something in the works, plan to do more, or are finished with the platform.
    I agree with Tech. It hurts credibility when words aren't eventually backed up with actions. It also takes its toll on those waiting. Proverbs 13:12 - "Expectation postponed makes the heart sick" This is exasperated by seeing content and amenities being offered to ALL other platforms but skipping ours.

Perhaps because a Wii U developers kit is sitting in the corner they feel they can say "we have not dropped support", even though no one has turned it on in over a year. The Star Wars sale was almost a month ago when we started asking for some attention again, but after being told the team was informed Wii U owners are feeling left out nothing has happened and no one from Zen has posted here since. That is an exact replay of what happened last September when I requested some love for the Wii U.

While Zen Studios may say they have not dropped support of Wii U I know several Wii U owners that have dropped support of Zen Studios. I used to be a huge Zen fan and supporter, but I would say I am indifferent toward them at this point.

I absolutely understand both your guys' points. And I don't even disagree. $3 a table doesn't seem like much of an investment. But certainly, when you "invest" in 40 tables, well, you have earned a certain level of support from the company. I am right there with ya.

But it seems as though by pushing for a commitment to say they will no longer publish, it may become more favorable for the company to do just that, rather than to keep their options open. And then what have we, we whom have invested, gained? Especially if the evidence already points to the probable event that they have already stopped anyway.... The need for a cut and dried answer, to me, isn't there. As I have already assumed it's a wrap on this console... unfortunately. My goal is when the Wii U goes dark to follow as many of my pinball friends as possible wherever they end up playing. (As long as it is a console hooked up to a TV LOL). But this time, we all may have to wait and see a little longer to see the level of commitment the game maker(s) have to whatever platform we wanna go to. I think many of the people I have met along the way are hoping for a successful NX and a better commitment there-in. But what keeps the Wii U players hopeful is that the nature of this console and Zen pinball do make it the best console to play the game on, and non commital statements from the company do make it more difficult for the pinball fan to know where to put their money, and to grow frustrated with Zen for that reason.

That being said, I certainly see it from your point of view. If a company does not meet your expectations, you should absolutely let them know
    Last edited by steven120566; 05-26-2016 at 12:42 PM.

But it seems as though by pushing for a commitment to say they will no longer publish, it may become more favorable for the company to do just that, rather than to keep their options open.
    I am just pushing for them to say, "You guys are just as important to us as the other platforms" and then back that up with action. Whether that is new content (maybe something they can't do) or a table wide sale (something totally in their control)

We have paid the same amount of money as the users on the other platforms, so we should receive the same support. But we don't. ZEN continues in it's arrogance, which is indeed the reason why I will never buy a ZEN product anymore. You just cant trust them. They have proven this quite clearly.
    I've bought a PS4 last year which I use beside my WiiU. I have bought ALL the Pinball Arcade tables, bot none of the ZEN tables. Although I have bought all the available ZEN Pinball Tables on the WiiU, I will not spend a dime on a ZEN product anymore.
    At least they should have the gutts to say: "We are dropping the WiiU". Then at least we know where we're at.

I am just pushing for them to say, "You guys are just as important to us as the other platforms"
    Well, the entire month of May came and went without anyone from Zen replying to us. I suppose that tells how they feel.

Well, the entire month of May came and went without anyone from Zen replying to us. I suppose that tells how they feel.
    The nice answer: Replying to us is not one of their priorities
    The straight answer is: They don't give a f*ck**

**Sorry for faul language. I know some people in here use the word themselves, but get #>%* if someone writes it down

I haven't posted here because I have nothing to share with the Wii U folks. If I did, I'd post. I'm sorry you feel left out here, and I know it's frustrating.

The nice answer: Replying to us is not one of their priorities
    The straight answer is: They don't give a f*ck**
    I don't have any news for you, sorry. I know you're frustrated but please watch the language.

I haven't posted here because I have nothing to share with the Wii U folks. If I did, I'd post. I'm sorry you feel left out here, and I know it's frustrating.
    I appreciate your reply and that you understand the frustration. I realize you have no information and that is out of your control. Perhaps you feel without a reason to post it is pointless to, but since we are being left out of everything it would be a nice gesture to acknowledge the conversation.

I appreciate your reply and that you understand the frustration. I realize you have no information and that is out of your control. Perhaps you feel without a reason to post it is pointless to, but since we are being left out of everything it would be a nice gesture to acknowledge the conversation.
    I do read everything that is posted (in every forum here), I just don't want to get your hopes up if I have no news. When you post stuff on Facebook like "$100 says if you get a reply it will be, "No Wii U news to share at the moment. We will post when we have something to share. ☺" it sends a very clear message that you don't want me to post anything unless I have good news, so I've stayed out of this one for a while. If I don't have news, and you don't want me to post if I don't have news, that doesn't leave me a lot of options for what to say, right?

I do read everything that is posted (in every forum here), I just don't want to get your hopes up if I have no news. When you post stuff on Facebook like "$100 says if you get a reply it will be, "No Wii U news to share at the moment. We will post when we have something to share. ☺" it sends a very clear message that you don't want me to post anything unless I have good news, so I've stayed out of this one for a while. If I don't have news, and you don't want me to post if I don't have news, that doesn't leave me a lot of options for what to say, right?
    I feel you are misinterpreting those statements. I wrote that because that is all we have heard for the last year and a half. I wouldn't take that we mean we don't want to hear from you. You are the voice of Zen. When a conversation is going on about how we feel Zen doesn't care about us and you don't reply do you see how that just reinforces that believe?

If someone thought you (meaning you personally) didn't like them because they felt you never spoke to them and in actually you did like that person wouldn't you go out of your way to spend some time with them to help counteract that believe.

You may not realize this, but today was the first time you have responded to me since my thread last September.

So out of curiosity, when you inform management that Wii U owners are feeling left out what do they say? Do you just pass it along and call it good? Are you part of a discussion? Do you ever hear anything back? Did you realize that for 2 years in a row Wii U was left out of the Star Wars celebration before we mentioned it?

I feel you are misinterpreting those statements. I wrote that because that is all we have heard for the last year and a half. I wouldn't take that we mean we don't want to hear from you. You are the voice of Zen. When a conversation is going on about how we feel Zen doesn't care about us and you don't reply do you see how that just reinforces that believe?

If someone thought you (meaning you personally) didn't like them because they felt you never spoke to them and in actually you did like that person wouldn't you go out of your way to spend some time with them to help counteract that believe.

You may not realize this, but today was the first time you have responded to me since my thread last September.

So out of curiosity, when you inform management that Wii U owners are feeling left out what do they say? Do you just pass it along and call it good? Are you part of a discussion? Do you ever hear anything back? Did you realize that for 2 years in a row Wii U was left out of the Star Wars celebration before we mentioned it?
    I include it in my reports every week, and yes, there is a conversation, just like with every other platform's individual community. I (and management) do realize that Wii U has not been part of the SW day stuff. As I've explained before, we can't do a sale on every platform whenever we feel like it. It just doesn't work that way. I wish it did, but it doesn't.

I include it in my reports every week, and yes, there is a conversation, just like with every other platform's individual community. I (and management) do realize that Wii U has not been part of the SW day stuff. As I've explained before, we can't do a sale on every platform whenever we feel like it. It just doesn't work that way. I wish it did, but it doesn't.
    So what was the reasoning behind deciding to take a section of the community that is already feeling left out and was left out of the sale last year and deciding to not include them again? How exactly did that seem to be a good business decision considering independent developers totally control sales on the eshop? Are you implying that what was stated by Nintendo is not true and you do not have the ability to run those sales?

So what was the reasoning behind deciding to take a section of the community that is already feeling left out and was left out of the sale last year and deciding to not include them again? How exactly did that seem to be a good business decision considering independent developers totally control sales on the eshop? Are you implying that what was stated by Nintendo is not true and you do not have the ability to run those sales?
    Like I said, we don't always have 100% control over when we can do sales. I will let you know if anything changes on that front.

Like I said, we don't always have 100% control over when we can do sales. I will let you know if anything changes on that front.
    So Nintendo doesn't allow you control of sales as they are saying they do? I'm asking for clarification because it was very clearly stated by them that you as an independent developer do have 100% control. What you are saying and what they are saying can't both be true. What are we misaing?
    Last edited by Everly; 06-01-2016 at 05:05 PM.

So Nintendo doesn't allow you control of sales as they are saying they do? I'm asking for clarification because it was very clearly stated by them that you as an independent developer do have 100% control. What you are saying and what they are saying can't both be true. What are we misaing?
    It's my understanding that Nintendo has to approve every sale we do. That's all. If we have a sale, I'll post it. I promise!

It's my understanding that Nintendo has to approve every sale we do. That's all. If we have a sale, I'll post it. I promise!
    I don't think anyone doubts you will inform us if you decide to do a sale. Are you saying you tried to include Wii U in a sale and Nintendo failed to approve it? The feeling is that your company is making the decision to not include us. Have you EVER wanted to do a sale for Wii U that Nintendo stopped? This isn't really adding up.

I don't think anyone doubts you will inform us if you decide to do a sale. Are you saying you tried to include Wii U in a sale and Nintendo failed to approve it? The feeling is that your company is making the decision to not include us. Have you EVER wanted to do a sale for Wii U that Nintendo stopped? This isn't really adding up.
    I don't handle the sales, so I have no idea if they have ever done this.

I don't handle the sales, so I have no idea if they have ever done this.
    Ok, fair enough. So in your discussions did Zen make the decision to include or exclude Wii U from the Star Wars sale and the Civil War sale? I'm asking you point blank, what decision did Zen make regarding these sales for Wii U?

Ok, fair enough. So in your discussions did Zen make the decision to include or exclude Wii U from the Star Wars sale and the Civil War sale? I'm asking you point blank, what decision did Zen make regarding these sales for Wii U?
    I don't know, as I don't make those decisions. Sorry.

I don't know, as I don't make those decisions. Sorry.
    So in post #37 when you said "yes, there is a conversation" what does that consist of?

I know you this is probably uncomfortable and I appreciate that you are still replying, but I feel I'm having to cut thru a lot of "company lines" to get to any hard facts.

Let's try this a different way. Do you feel that we have been left out and should have been included?

So in post #37 when you said "yes, there is a conversation" what does that consist of?

I know you this is probably uncomfortable and I appreciate that you are still replying, but I feel I'm having to cut thru a lot of "company lines" to get to any hard facts.

Let's try this a different way. Do you feel that we have been left out and should have been included?
    There is a conversation, it doesn't always involve me, but when it does I ALWAYS tell them how much you guys want more content/sales. I've said plenty of times before - I agree with you! It sucks that you aren't getting the same content that other platforms do. We can't always please everyone - and for that, I apologize.

There is a conversation, it doesn't always involve me, but when it does I ALWAYS tell them how much you guys want more content/sales. I've said plenty of times before - I agree with you! It sucks that you aren't getting the same content that other platforms do. We can't always please everyone - and for that, I apologize.
    This may seem hard to believe but that means something to me. Hearing you say you agree with us. Honestly I never felt anyone was speaking up in our behalf.

For content, hey it is what it is, so there is no sense in crying about it. I'm not happy about it but I've accepted it. I've always found being excluded from sales harder to stomach. Nothing you have said changes the fact that a decision is being made by someone in your company that affects us adversely. Considering the climate in this section of the forum, I'm sorry but that is a poor move. I know you can't please everyone, but maybe it's time you pleased us.

I want to tell you how much I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions as best you could. I still refuse to pay full price for anything that has been out on other platforms for months or a year. So Iron and Steel will continue to sit on the shelf. However, before today I had become so disappointed in your company that I wouldn't have supported it if they were a nickel for both. But just because you took time to acknowledge me and my views beyond the standard 1-line replies, I will continue to hope for a sale and if it happens I will be quick to take advantage of it.

As Neo said to the Matrix, "Where we go from here is a decision I leave to you."

I want to tell you how much I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions as best you could. I still refuse to pay full price for anything that has been out on other platforms for months or a year. So Iron and Steel will continue to sit on the shelf. However, before today I had become so disappointed in your company that I wouldn't have supported it if they were a nickel for both. But just because you took time to acknowledge me and my views beyond the standard 1-line replies, I will continue to hope for a sale and if it happens I will be quick to take advantage of it.
    Are you no longer a reviewer? Don't you get codes for all the Wii U tables?

Are you no longer a reviewer? Don't you get codes for all the Wii U tables?
    No. I've been volunteering on a construction project for the past 2 years working 12 hour days. It doesn't leave much time for games, or writing about them. I resigned the position so someone with more favorable circumstances could fill it, but no one currently is a pinball player so I don't think the site covers Zen anymore.

My wife got me a PS4 for our 21st anniversary back in December. Sent you a PSN friend request but never heard back. I've tried tables on the PS4 but they just don't seem to play as well as on the Wii U. Maybe I had just gotten used to the Gamepad and the PS4 controller didn't seem as natural. Plus I like the off screen play the Wii U offers if my wife wants to watch TV and I'm in the middle of a great run.

So right now I don't have Iron and Steel, Avengers AoU, and the Masters of the Force. Not sure why you allow PS4 to demo the Star Wars tables but make Wii U buy them to try them.

No. I've been volunteering on a construction project for the past 2 years working 12 hour days. It doesn't leave much time for games, or writing about them. I resigned the position so someone with more favorable circumstances could fill it, but no one currently is a pinball player so I don't think the site covers Zen anymore.

My wife got me a PS4 for our 21st anniversary back in December. Sent you a PSN friend request but never heard back. I've tried tables on the PS4 but they just don't seem to play as well as on the Wii U. Maybe I had just gotten used to the Gamepad and the PS4 controller didn't seem as natural. Plus I like the off screen play the Wii U offers if my wife wants to watch TV and I'm in the middle of a great run.

So right now I don't have Iron and Steel, Avengers AoU, and the Masters of the Force. Not sure why you allow PS4 to demo the Star Wars tables but make Wii U buy them to try them.
    Ah I see - I didn't realize you weren't writing anymore. I never play on PSN anymore, but I probably should check my requests at some point

Not sure if it's a first party preference or what, but not all platforms have demos (Xbox One, mobile, Win10, etc).

Ah I see - I didn't realize you weren't writing anymore. I never play on PSN anymore, but I probably should check my requests at some point

Not sure if it's a first party preference or what, but not all platforms have demos (Xbox One, mobile, Win10, etc).
    Yeah, after about 4 months I just deleted the request I sent.

Well Star Wars tables weren't available for demo on the Wii U from day one even though demos were part of ZP2 on Wii U. At least I got to try them out as a demo on PS4 but Im not buying anything on it because I prefer my pinball on the Wii U. I figured I would be able to pick them up on Wii U this Star Wars day because not in a million years would I have thought we would have been given the cold shoulder 2 years in row. Shows you what I know.
    Last edited by Everly; 06-01-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Glad everyone is getting along now!

Btw, a sale for me is pointless as I own all the tables. Now about that missing content???

Btw, a sale for me is pointless as I own all the tables. Now about that missing content???
    I think a sale would provide a point that could prove to be made.

I think a sale would provide a point that could prove to be made.
    True and I hope you get one. To me it's like they don't care anymore and yet Atlus does a sale every week just about. I don't think whomever is in charge even thinks about Wii U. If they wanted to they could most likely do a sale every week.

I really wish I could see sales results of all systems. If Wii U is getting consistent sales then I would totally understand why there's no sales but I'm going to guess they hardly get any and a sale could change that some what. Why not bring in revenue of any kind?? After all it is better to make 100$ on a sale then 20$ at full price right??
    Last edited by Tech101; 06-02-2016 at 01:24 AM.

To me it's like they don't care anymore and yet Atlus does a sale every week just about. I don't think whomever is in charge even thinks about Wii U. If they wanted to they could most likely do a sale every week.
    I 100% agree with you Tech. I don't think we will see any new content come to the Wii U. Last year's AoU will be the last thing Wii U gets from Zen Studios in spite of the continual line that they have not dropped support. If the Wii U and Nintendo has proven so difficult for them to develop for then it is what it is.

What I keep pointing at is the inconsistency regarding sales. In looking back Wii U was actually excluded from the Star Wars sale in 2014 as well, meaning that not once has Zen felt the need to include us in that sale as it started that year. I can not fathom the reasoning behind taking a section of your consumer base that is already feeling slighted because of things you are claiming you can't control and adding to their frustration. If you can't do a sale on every platform as they claim, then rotate it. What is gained by excluding the same group year after year after year? Because we know the policies for independent developers and discounts, the comment that they can't always do sales when they want is a blind to mask their decision.

As I said before, you can't please everyone but Zen has disappointed us so often maybe they should give us some consideration. July 11 marks the 3 year anniversary of Star Wars Pinball coming to Wii U. Since Zen decided not to include Wii U in the Star Wars sale and they want us to believe they are still supporting Wii U they can take that opportunity to show it.

And I wouldn't say we are getting along, just talking. But if Zen decided to give us the same consideration they provide to their other customers then I would make use of it. Before this discussion I would not have bothered with them.
    Last edited by Everly; 06-04-2016 at 11:04 PM.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the next sale will be the Doctor Strange table when the new movie comes out. Let's see if Zen can follow suit and make that for all formats this time. I think this is more then enough time to make that happen.

While were at it maybe Barbie can let the powers that be know we haven't had any sales in over 2 years!

While were at it maybe Barbie can let the powers that be know we haven't had any sales in over 2 years!
    That is something that is asked about. I foolishly hoped that somehow they just lost track of that fact. But in post #37 she clearly stated that both she and management are aware that Wii U was left out. The comment about not doing a sale whenever they like wanted to seemed to mean Nintendo has to approve any sale (just as I'm sure Microsoft and Sony need to be sign off on sales on their stores).

I have noticed that Zen typically plays the role of the victim of corporate policy. "We would totally do it if they would let us, but it doesn't work that way. Sorry." In some cases, like cross buy between platforms, that is the case. But at other times I feel it is said to try to get themselves off the hook for a decision they made that some don't like. At some point you have to man up and own the decision without claiming it is always out of your control.

Sadly, the issue isn't they don't know, it appears they just don't care.

Because of the spiritistic nature of Dr. Strange I wouldn't pick up that table. I have a very strong aversion to anything related to the occult.
    Last edited by Everly; 06-07-2016 at 10:43 AM.

July 11 marks the 3 year anniversary of Star Wars Pinball coming to Wii U. Since Zen decided not to include Wii U in the Star Wars sale and they want us to believe they are still supporting Wii U they can take that opportunity to show it.
    Well, looks like we can stop holding our breath that this will happen. Not exactly sure how they feel they are supporting the Wii U.

Well it does suck but I'm sure many would like a fix for those tables first as they're unplayable with Wi-Fi on for many. Yet Zen can't seem to find a problem or doesn't care to. Nobody wants them in our current tournament because of that.

Tech, does that taste of being ignored have a cinnamon flavor to you too or is it just me?

Tech, does that taste of being ignored have a cinnamon flavor to you too or is it just me?
    Tastes more bland to me like vanilla.

Last table was Age of Ultron...last April. 15 months ago

I like this platform, and although I am now playing more on Steam, this is still the best way to play Zen pinball. Both because of the controllers and the people who play it over here

Too bad they gave up on it... I agree and concur.
    Last edited by steven120566; 07-13-2016 at 12:05 PM.

I'm not sure what you want me to say here. I don't have news for you right now.

I'm not sure what you want me to say here. I don't have news for you right now.
    We are just trying to make light of a frustrating situation. However, I think we would all LOVE to hear exactly how Zen Studios feels they are still supporting Wii U.

We are just trying to make light of a frustrating situation. However, I think we would all LOVE to hear exactly how Zen Studios feels they are still supporting Wii U.
    I can't say what exactly, but we do have something planned for Wii U in the not so distant future. I'll post news as soon as I can.

I can't say what exactly, but we do have something planned for Wii U in the not so distant future. I'll post news as soon as I can.
    Well I've said it before, if you are releasing content that has been available on every other platform for a year and charging full price for it then I'll pass. The whole Tomb Raider on PS4 deal. It just doesn't sit well with consumers.

Again, kudos to you for chiming in for us. It is always nice to hear from you.

A reason to stop by here more often. Cool. Whatever that news is, I will be watching

Default 8T8ABz

A reason to stop by here more often. Cool. Whatever that news is, I will be watching
    I feel they missed a huge opportunity this week. I want to be excited but Zen has really disappointed me over the past year or so. I'm not hoping for much.

I'll take whatever they have planned. This is actually useful information instead of the usual we haven't dropped support.

I'll take whatever they have planned. This is actually useful information instead of the usual we haven't dropped support.
    I think we will have some stuff to talk about, yeap. If nothing else, maybe I can live the dream of finally beating Tech to a table and being ahead of him on the boards, until, of course, he plays it once.

I really hope it's Antman if it's one of the older tables. However if you notice Barbie didn't say pinball content so that has me wondering for now.

I really hope it's Antman if it's one of the older tables. However if you notice Barbie didn't say pinball content so that has me wondering for now.
    Good observation Tech, but I hope it is pinball lol. And if it is, I'd like to see the two SW ones of course, and the Aliens ones. Definitely Antman, and even Portal.

As for the Burger one, american dad etc, well... to this day, I still cannot forget ol' Thumper's quote from "Bambi". "If ya can't say something nice, then......"

But since I can't speak for everyone, I'd still like to see 'em catch up with as many as possible so everyone has more to pick from.

This is North America only at this time, apparently.
    Yeah, it's still not appearing on my e-shop (Australia). Any news on a PAL / European release?

Quote Originally Posted by gaz5021 View Post
    Yeah, it's still not appearing on my e-shop (Australia). Any news on a PAL / European release?
    Wish you guys had it, gaz5021. Farsight keeps saying "any time now"...

They have promised an update that fixes a slight "lighting" bug and pro controller support, so maybe they want to release it that way in the rest of the markets.

Other than that, the game on Wii U is pure awesome!