Thread: Aliens vs. Pinball

Default Aliens vs. Pinball

We’re proud to announce our next 3-table pack, based in the Aliens universe by 20th Century Fox: Aliens vs. Pinball. Welcome back to Hadley’s Hope.

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=6223

Default Please do a VR version of this pack !

with cherries on top

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyneil View Post
    with cherries on top
    And for playstation vr in October!

Face your fears while you play as Amanda Ripley, trapped in the corridors of the Sevastopol Space Station in the Alien: Isolation pinball table, releasing next week! See our blog post for the latest trailer!

Feel the thrill of the hunt as a young Predator on the Alien vs. Predator pinball table, available now alongside Alien Isolation Pinball and Aliens Pinball!

Check out our blog post to watch the new trailer!

Hi Barbie...

Great game. Im a big Aliens fan!

Just set it up today on the cab...looks really good. Ive mentioned in the past that some of the tables don't seem to look too great on the cab, but this looks like it was made for it. DMD seems clear and the graphics for the table are easy to make out. Now I just gotta learn how to play it!

I get requests to upload gameplay videos on my Youtube channel and Ive just uploaded this one now as this has been one that has been requested many times...even before it came out. Ive placed the link below but if this is against forum rules etc, then I understand if it gets removed. Its just a quick video of cab gameplay and certainly not a video of my gameplay skills!

Thanks Barbie / Zen
    https://youtu.be/KqMTXap88m4

Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Hi Barbie...

Great game. Im a big Aliens fan!

Just set it up today on the cab...looks really good. Ive mentioned in the past that some of the tables don't seem to look too great on the cab, but this looks like it was made for it. DMD seems clear and the graphics for the table are easy to make out. Now I just gotta learn how to play it!

I get requests to upload gameplay videos on my Youtube channel and Ive just uploaded this one now as this has been one that has been requested many times...even before it came out. Ive placed the link below but if this is against forum rules etc, then I understand if it gets removed. Its just a quick video of cab gameplay and certainly not a video of my gameplay skills!

Thanks Barbie / Zen
    https://youtu.be/KqMTXap88m4
    You are more than welcome to record/post gameplay! Thank you!! Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

I might be a bit blind, but is there an indicator for your current Yautja rank on the AvP table?

Quote Originally Posted by Teutatis View Post
    I might be a bit blind, but is there an indicator for your current Yautja rank on the AvP table?
    There is, on the bottom left corner of the default dotmatrix screen - the one which shows your current score. Keep on fighting Young Bloods!

Default 2 problems on Aliens table

Hi Devs

Great work on the Aliens table

I did find two gameplay issues though :

1. When doing the driving mini game , the car does not steer fast enough to dodge properly! Even if you keep your eye at the top of the screen and steer immediately as you see the obstacles it still hits them. So its really a case of luck as to wheather you complete the mini game or not based on where the obstacles spawn.

2. After completing this mission , the ball is ejected to a gobble hole and supposed to eject again into the playfield but I found it once just ejected the ball straight down the right outlane .. which is a really nasty thing to do

hope to see these issues get patched soon

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaderbytes View Post
    Hi Devs

2. After completing this mission , the ball is ejected to a gobble hole and supposed to eject again into the playfield but I found it once just ejected the ball straight down the right outlane .. which is a really nasty thing to do

Same issue when locking a ball. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do. I think the ballsave should be activated for a few seconds. Even then you wouldn't be completely save: One time I had actually activated the ballsaver before locking the ball. Now get this - four times in a row (!!) the ball came out of the sinkhole without any chance of me catching it and drained instantly (nudging didn't help) . By the 4th time, of course, the ballsaver had finished. So much for ball 2. Argh!

Quote Originally Posted by shaderbytes View Post
    Hi Devs

Great work on the Aliens table

I did find two gameplay issues though :

1. When doing the driving mini game , the car does not steer fast enough to dodge properly! Even if you keep your eye at the top of the screen and steer immediately as you see the obstacles it still hits them. So its really a case of luck as to wheather you complete the mini game or not based on where the obstacles spawn.

thanks
    Thanks for the feedback!!

Default Alien vs. Predator Bug (Mode)

Weird think just happened: I shot a ball at the center sinkhole which should've started a side mode (Stalker). I think it went in but it really happened so fast I can't be 100% sure. In any case, the alien grabbed the ball (on it's way out?) and I got to choose a main mode.
    I started the main mode where you get to play on the miniplayfield. (Not sure what it's called, I had already played the first 4 of the main modes, so this must have been the 5th, "Trap Aliens"). When the mode was over and the view zoomed back from the miniplayfield instead of getting to finish my ball it was already "Game over" - but the ball hadn't even been returned to the main playfield. However there was a ball in the plunger lane that kept bouncing up and down (it didn't come out though).

This seems to be a bug, right?

Quote Originally Posted by avguy2 View Post
    Weird think just happened: I shot a ball at the center sinkhole which should've started a side mode (Stalker). I think it went in but it really happened so fast I can't be 100% sure. In any case, the alien grabbed the ball (on it's way out?) and I got to choose a main mode.
    I started the main mode where you get to play on the miniplayfield. (Not sure what it's called, I had already played the first 4 of the main modes, so this must have been the 5th, "Trap Aliens"). When the mode was over and the view zoomed back from the miniplayfield instead of getting to finish my ball it was already "Game over" - but the ball hadn't even been returned to the main playfield. However there was a ball in the plunger lane that kept bouncing up and down (it didn't come out though).

This seems to be a bug, right?
    Hi there,

thanks for the feedback! A couple of questions so that we can figure this one out:

- Did you make the shot with the upper flipper?
    - Did you use nudge when this happened?
    - Do you play with uncapped FPS?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by ndever View Post
    Hi there,

thanks for the feedback! A couple of questions so that we can figure this one out:

- Did you make the shot with the upper flipper?
    - Did you use nudge when this happened?
    - Do you play with uncapped FPS?

Thanks again!
    I made the shot with the lower right flipper and didn't nudge the table. As for the FPS caps I don't know - can't find any such option in the settings menu.

I agree with the driving scene...when I filmed it I had cameras in the way so I kind of blamed my driving skills on the camera...but having played a few times without the cameras, I've hit many an obstacle because the speed at which the vehicle moves is quite slow. I guess it's the same for everyone, but it would be good if it was a bit more responsive.

Also had the issue with the alien throwing the ball straight past the flippers if I remember correctly...think I may have shouted abuse at the alien in question! Very little you can do in this situation, but perhaps a ball save of some kind would help.

Great game though..

Question on the driving game.
    on the iOS version it feels like the vehicle moves digitally to the 3 positions - left center right
    and I do really well on it.

on ps4 version it seems to be analog were the car can be in any position.
    and i hit every obstacle there is. if they were aliens that i was supposed to mow down i would be awesome at it

is there a difference between platforms?

Quote Originally Posted by avguy2 View Post
    I made the shot with the lower right flipper and didn't nudge the table. As for the FPS caps I don't know - can't find any such option in the settings menu.
    It seems the FPS cap is irrelevant in this case, thanks for the info!

Default Steam issue

Barb, the new pack is listed on Steam, but it is NOT listed amongst the DLC on the page for the game. You can find it by searching for "aliens" but people monitoring the Pinball FX 2 page for new DLC won't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadier View Post
    Barb, the new pack is listed on Steam, but it is NOT listed amongst the DLC on the page for the game. You can find it by searching for "aliens" but people monitoring the Pinball FX 2 page for new DLC won't see it.
    I'm seeing it listed as the first item on the Pinball FX2 DLC list on the store. Anyone else not seeing it?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I'm seeing it listed as the first item on the Pinball FX2 DLC list on the store. Anyone else not seeing it?
    I'm seeing it now too. Must have been a temporary thing, or a caching issue.

I absolutely love the new Aliens pack. Love the design all around, lightning effects are amazing!

I cant say what is my favorite table of the pack cause all 3 are awesome.

I really wish you could cover the rest of the Alien movies or putting the player in the Alien role .

Great job Zen ^^
    Last edited by Arie01; 05-16-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Unhappy Voice Actors Needed

Although I love all three Alien pinball tables, I wish the voice acting on AVP and Isolation were acceptable. The theme is serious and dark and so should be the voice acting. But instead, it sounds like all the other tables. Gay! Consider hiring better actors next time. It would really improve the experience. The artwork is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by nromo View Post
    Although I love all three Alien pinball tables, I wish the voice acting on AVP and Isolation were acceptable. The theme is serious and dark and so should be the voice acting. But instead, it sounds like all the other tables. Gay! Consider hiring better actors next time. It would really improve the experience. The artwork is excellent!
    Watch your language, please. Take a look at the Zen Rules here, if you have any questions, please let me know: http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthre...rum-Guidelines