Thread: 1.39 crashes on iPad 2

Default 1.39 crashes on iPad 2

Version 1.39 crashes on my iPad 2. It never gets to the intro screen.

I rolled back to 1.38 and everything works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Version 1.39 crashes on my iPad 2. It never gets to the intro screen.

I rolled back to 1.38 and everything works fine.
    I've already let the team know - thank you for the report! Hoping to have a quick fix for this one

iPad Air running OS 7.0.4

also crashing on app launch after update

Quote Originally Posted by DA5ID View Post
    iPad Air running OS 7.0.4

also crashing on app launch after update
    Do you have any of the Aliens tables installed? If so, you might try deleting them and redownloading them - or reinstall the app and see if that helps. Let me know if you still have trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Do you have any of the Aliens tables installed? If so, you might try deleting them and redownloading them - or reinstall the app and see if that helps. Let me know if you still have trouble.
    no - haven't downloaded new alien tables - entire app crashes immediately after launch so I haven't been to the purchase table or restore
    purchases (shopping cart icon) yet. It worked for my phone and iPad pro with newest os - just not the iPad air with older os.

also not seeing the alien tables on playstation store (web) or the ps3 in-game store

OK - deleted the app and redownloaded. Restored all the tables (60+tables takes a while). The alien tables were not included in the restore even though I bought Aliens Pinball on a different device so I re-purchased and it gave the "download for free" option. The app launches and all the tables work EXCEPT the aliens pinball - they crash after pressing single player. I deleted the aliens tables and was able to redownload using the restore button (shopping cart) - but the alien tables still crash immediately after starting a single player game.

no - haven't downloaded new alien tables - entire app crashes immediately after launch so I haven't been to the purchase table or restore
    purchases (shopping cart icon) yet. It worked for my phone and iPad pro with newest os - just not the iPad air with older os.

also not seeing the alien tables on playstation store (web) or the ps3 in-game store
    Does reinstalling on the iPad Air help?

The PSN versions are available here:

EU: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...20vs%20pinball
    North America: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...ystation-store

Does reinstalling on the iPad Air help?

The PSN versions are available here:

EU: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...20vs%20pinball
    North America: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...ystation-store
    Reinstalling the entire app helped in that it fixed the app not crashing on initial launch and I have access to all table. but the app crashes when starting all three of the alien tables (actually starting a game using the single player button).

Reinstalling the entire app helped in that it fixed the app not crashing on initial launch and I have access to all table. but the app crashes when starting all three of the alien tables (actually starting a game using the single player button).
    I see what you mean - it should be compatible with iOS 7.0 or later. Does it let you open them if you start playing offline?

I see what you mean - it should be compatible with iOS 7.0 or later. Does it let you open them if you start playing offline?
    turned wifi off - now entire app crashes on initial launch (with wifi on or off) - even after restarting iPad.

turned wifi off - now entire app crashes on initial launch (with wifi on or off) - even after restarting iPad.
    Oh wow - is updating your iOS version out of the question? I know it's a pain but let me know if that is possible - it should help!

Oh wow - is updating your iOS version out of the question? I know it's a pain but let me know if that is possible - it should help!
    I would love to update my iOS! Ironically the only reason it is stuck at 7.0.4 is because I jailbroke it to run blutrol so I can play zen with my icade controller! Please put in a request to add native icade support (like farsight and pro pinball do).

happy to report - deleted the app and reinstalled it. started with the alien tables by "re-buying" them and they opened without crashing.
    then restored the rest of the tables and everything seems to be working again.

(still want native icade support like pinball arcade, zaccaria pinball, and pro pinball)

-david

happy to report - deleted the app and reinstalled it. started with the alien tables by "re-buying" them and they opened without crashing.
    then restored the rest of the tables and everything seems to be working again.

(still want native icade support like pinball arcade, zaccaria pinball, and pro pinball)

-david
    YAY! So glad it's finally working. Apologies for all the hassle with this one.

iPad 3 on iOS 9.3.1, crashes straight back to home screen on launch, every time. Done nothing other than update the app.

Any chance of a fix that doesn't require me to perform the completely unacceptable user experience of deleting the app and downloading all my tables again?

Quote Originally Posted by Robee View Post
    iPad 3 on iOS 9.3.1, crashes straight back to home screen on launch, every time. Done nothing other than update the app.

Any chance of a fix that doesn't require me to perform the completely unacceptable user experience of deleting the app and downloading all my tables again?
    Sorry, this is the only solution for now.

Default Update of Fix?

I've already let the team know - thank you for the report! Hoping to have a quick fix for this one
    Is there any update on this? I don't have the backup to go back to. Mine's an iPad 4 using iOS 9.3.1. Program crashes on startup ever since I installed the update.

Quote Originally Posted by dpikop View Post
    Is there any update on this? I don't have the backup to go back to. Mine's an iPad 4 using iOS 9.3.1. Program crashes on startup ever since I installed the update.
    You lose all your local high scores - but you keep your leaderboard high score and your trophies.

Think of it as a fresh start

Thumbs up

Release 1.40.2 fixed the iPad 2 crashing issue.

Thank You!!!!!

Latest update - landscape mode on iPad air and iPad 2 now broken - display is shrunk to 5/8 of screen width with the touch controls (i.e buttons) still mapped to full width so they are off.

both devices are still running 7.0.4 (older iOS required to use blutrol for icade controller)
    Please fix landscape mode if you are still supporting ios7 or add native icade support so I can update my devices!

thanks!

Default It calls for a solution

Latest update - landscape mode on iPad air and iPad 2 now broken - display is shrunk to 5/8 of screen width with the touch controls (i.e buttons) still mapped to full width so they are off.

both devices are still running 7.0.4 (older iOS required to use blutrol for icade controller)
    Please fix landscape mode if you are still supporting ios7 or add native icade support so I can update my devices!

thanks!
    The same think happening to me!
    Whit version 1.40 Zen Pinball and ver. 1.8 Marvel Pinball
    For ten days i did a report on the App Store review, it is time to solve the problem.

Thanks

thanks!
    Can you please email us from within the app and send a screenshot or photo of this?

Can you please email us from within the app and send a screenshot or photo of this?
    Sent. I ended up updating the iOS of my iPad Air - That fixes it.

Kept my old iPad 2 on the iOS that has the issue incase there is a fix so I can still play zen on my icade.
    (Flipping with real buttons is awesome)

Sent. I ended up updating the iOS of my iPad Air - That fixes it.

Kept my old iPad 2 on the iOS that has the issue incase there is a fix so I can still play zen on my icade.
    (Flipping with real buttons is awesome)
    Good to know! I got your email, by the way - thanks!