Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OriginalEther
    • Feb 2013

What to get?

Ok, I used to play this a lot, but haven't recently. I've decided that I'd like to play a little more again, and want to get a few tables, but don't know what to go for.

I'm debating between:
    - The new Alien Pack
    - Iron and Steel (Wild West and Castle Storm, I think)
    - AntMan and Venom

Any advice over which ones to get?

As of right now, the tables that I am still enjoying the most are Infinity Gauntlet, The Avengers, and Xmen, if that helps.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo
  • steven120566
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by OriginalEther
    Ok, I used to play this a lot, but haven't recently. I've decided that I'd like to play a little more again, and want to get a few tables, but don't know what to go for.

I'm debating between:
    - The new Alien Pack
    - AntMan and Venom

As of right now, the tables that I am still enjoying the most are Infinity Gauntlet, The Avengers, and Xmen, if that helps.
    Haven't played Aliens yet. The Iron and Steel pack is absolutely excellent. Both tables! Antman is also a blast. Venom is very unique design, and a good time too.

Comment

• Dabby
      • Dec 2015

I've only played Aliens a little but seems like a more straightforward pin that mimics a real life pin a bit more than most of Zens wacky tables. I have plans to put some serious time into this one because it looks so nice. AvPs is a tad goofy and it takes some time figuring out what exactly to do (and it has two absolutely atrocious mini games) but it's a blast to bang the ball around on, isn't super drain heavy, and fun to work out what paths to take to hit bigger scores. Isolation is great great great. It's really like playing a stealth shooter more than a pinball game. You have to collect ammo and health, hide from aliens, perform stealth takedowns. It's a fantastic example of how involved a pinball table can be. Small complaint is that missions are a tad frustrating to start but there's so much going on otherwise you don't have to spam missions to have fun. It's a nice mix of challenge with a little luck and feels a tad drain heavy but isn't super floaty or unfair. Great table to improve general skills on.

Venom is a neat table for its uniqueness. I've only played a bit but it's a very small play field with a really cool ball lock feature and some fun ramps. I have less experience with Ant Man. I wanna watch the film and see if it grabs me more. Seems like a middle of the pack okay table from first glance.

Castle storm is phenomenal. Fun missions and great art. It has a steady flow that mirrors Isolation in terms of challenge/luck. Another good table to practice on. Wild West is generally considered one of if not the hardest table. VERY drain heavy but fantastic nonetheless. Despite being considered high skill tier it has a lot of fans which is a testament to how fun it is to improve on. I'm a little partial because I love western themes (books, movies) but the art and sound is great and putting up decent numbers is one of the most satisfying things in the game.

Personally I'd go Iron and Steel but I'm partial to the fantasy/western themes more than Aliens or comic books. Though the single best table of these choices is Isolation imo.
      Last edited by Dabby; 05-13-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Bookerlor
        • Jan 2018

What to get

Hey Wainair, did you get your boat yet? If you like tippy boats youre going to love this one. Im sure it will fit the bill perfectly for you. Congrats. Let us know what you think when you get it.

d

Comment

• ShanePosey
          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by OriginalEther
          Ok, I used to play this a lot, but haven't kissanime recently. I've decided that I'd like to play a little more again, and want to get a few tables, but don't letgo know what to go for.

I'm debating between:
          - The new Alien Pack
          - AntMan and Venom

As of right now, the tables that I am still enjoying groupme the most are Infinity Gauntlet, The Avengers, and Xmen, if that helps.
          Get all of them man, worth everything you are gonna get them for.
          Last edited by ShanePosey; 09-17-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...