Thread: Pinball FX 2 VR Fails to Open

Default Pinball FX 2 VR Fails to Open

I recently purchased Pinball FX2 VR for my Oculus Rift and the program doesn't work - when you click to run it from inside the Oculus Library or when wearing the headset and trying to open it there. When you try, all you see is a black screen with white "loading" text that has a pulsing disc next to the text. The disc just pulses forever. Taking off the headset just shows a black screen with no info on it on the monitor. That's as far as it gets. Occasionally the program will crash when I try to open it the error "pfx2vr.exe has stopped working". Does anyone have any clue how to get this working? I really want to play my game!

edit:
    system specs
    CPU: Intel 2600k
    Ram: 16GB DDR3
    Video: GTX 970

another edit:
    Just another quirk, if I press the X button on the xbox controller while the black "loading screen" is up it will crash the Pinball FX 2 software every single time.
    Last edited by mightyjim; 06-03-2016 at 07:10 AM.

Lightbulb Try this

I had this same problem last night. Try running the Oculus home app as administrator, not sure why but this fixes it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by billyhomeboy View Post
    I had this same problem last night. Try running the Oculus home app as administrator, not sure why but this fixes it for me.
    Amazing, this totally works! Thank you so much, I've been wanting to play this so bad. Much appreciated brother!

Default Wished this had worked for me.... :(

Quote Originally Posted by mightyjim View Post
    Amazing, this totally works! Thank you so much, I've been wanting to play this so bad. Much appreciated brother!
    Man I had high hopes for this one: but sadly nothing. I just click start and it doesn't go anywhere. From the Rift and from the desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Man I had high hopes for this one: but sadly nothing. I just click start and it doesn't go anywhere. From the Rift and from the desktop.
    Can you tell me your PC specs so we can check into this issue?