Thread: Sorcerer's lair - behind the walls - controls?!

Unhappy Sorcerer's lair - behind the walls - controls?!

Can somebody pretty pretty please explain (precisely) how to change the rotation in the "Behind The Walls" mission in sorcerer's lair? The instructions aren't clear, nor are any of the guides, and there's no time in-game to experiment.

Do you press both flippers? Hold one flipper? Hold both? Hold one flipper for clockwise, another for counter clockwise?

I've been googling for an hour, and trying things in-game for 2 hours! Please help! (This mini game is kind of poorly designed if it's this hard to get the hang of!)

Thanks!,
    -Ai

Quote Originally Posted by Aidana View Post
    Can somebody pretty pretty please explain (precisely) how to change the rotation in the "Behind The Walls" mission in sorcerer's lair? The instructions aren't clear, nor are any of the guides, and there's no time in-game to experiment.

Do you press both flippers? Hold one flipper? Hold both? Hold one flipper for clockwise, another for counter clockwise?

I've been googling for an hour, and trying things in-game for 2 hours! Please help! (This mini game is kind of poorly designed if it's this hard to get the hang of!)

Thanks!,
    -Ai
    I responded to your email about this - check your inbox if you still need help

Yes, thanks for the reply! I reset the machine in the operator menu as you suggested, and am now able to control the mini-game. Oddly, I had never changed anything in the operator menu, so I'm not sure if that's what did it, or I finally got the rhythm and guessed the control scheme right.

For anyone else ending up here, this is precisely how the controls work:

tapping (and letting go) of the right flipper makes the gears/ramps go in one direction,
    tapping (and letting go) of the left flipper makes them go in the other direction.
    The controls should be active immediately, on the first gear, so you should be able to alternate rotations right away, to test it and get a feel for it.

In other words, if it's still unclear: hit one flipper at a time to change the movement of the mini-game mechanisms.

Happy to say I was finally able to beat the table thanks to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Aidana View Post
    Yes, thanks for the reply! I reset the machine in the operator menu as you suggested, and am now able to control the mini-game. Oddly, I had never changed anything in the operator menu, so I'm not sure if that's what did it, or I finally got the rhythm and guessed the control scheme right.

For anyone else ending up here, this is precisely how the controls work:

tapping (and letting go) of the right flipper makes the gears/ramps go in one direction,
    tapping (and letting go) of the left flipper makes them go in the other direction.
    The controls should be active immediately, on the first gear, so you should be able to alternate rotations right away, to test it and get a feel for it.

In other words, if it's still unclear: hit one flipper at a time to change the movement of the mini-game mechanisms.

Happy to say I was finally able to beat the table thanks to this!
    YAY! Glad you got it!