Thread: Free plasma broken? "Ads are not available right now. Please try again later."

Default Free plasma broken? "Ads are not available right now. Please try again later."

For the past three days I've been getting this message almost all the time I try to get the free plasma for watching ads, but I'm quickly becoming stuck because while I'm VIP 5, the free plasma from ads is by far my main source of plasma, I've lost 500+ plasma because of this stupid thing already.

I liked when ads were first available, even if it was monotonous they were unlimited. Then they were random throughout the day but I could do them in batches. Then, they were limited to 3 in an hour and couldn't start the next set of 3 until I finished the last set of 3.

But now, no matter what I do the free plasma thing only gives me a popup that says "Ads are not available right now. Please try again later." This right after I got the 30 day pack.

I know you guys make money on ads too, so you might want to, um, fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerp View Post
    For the past three days I've been getting this message almost all the time I try to get the free plasma for watching ads, but I'm quickly becoming stuck because while I'm VIP 5, the free plasma from ads is by far my main source of plasma, I've lost 500+ plasma because of this stupid thing already.

I liked when ads were first available, even if it was monotonous they were unlimited. Then they were random throughout the day but I could do them in batches. Then, they were limited to 3 in an hour and couldn't start the next set of 3 until I finished the last set of 3.

But now, no matter what I do the free plasma thing only gives me a popup that says "Ads are not available right now. Please try again later." This right after I got the 30 day pack.

Are you still having this issue today? If so, please use the contact button in the options menu to send a report. This way we can see your platform (since you didn't provide it here), device model, and user ID number. Thanks

At least you have the potential to do ads. I can't do any. They have my age set as "1", changing it is broken, and they won't fix it. So, I don't have access to any additional plasma. Imagine how hard it is to grow in THAT case!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Are you still having this issue today? If so, please use the contact button in the options menu to send a report. This way we can see your platform (since you didn't provide it here), device model, and user ID number. Thanks
    Hi,

The contact button in the options menu doesn't do anything. At all.

Ads started working better last week, but not 100%. Now after the new update they broke in a different way. Now I don't even see the ad button most of the time, it only appears once every few hours.

Hi,

The contact button in the options menu doesn't do anything. At all.

Ads started working better last week, but not 100%. Now after the new update they broke in a different way. Now I don't even see the ad button most of the time, it only appears once every few hours.
    Then it sounds like the ads are working as planned, you can only use them a couple of times every couple of hours (I forget the exact frequency, but it sounds like it is working correctly now).

As for the contact button - do you have an email account set up on your device?

Then it sounds like the ads are working as planned, you can only use them a couple of times every couple of hours (I forget the exact frequency, but it sounds like it is working correctly now).
    Except for me, where they won't fix the broken age gate, and thus my age is set to "1" and I can't view ads for plasma. Please ask someone to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by NightStrike View Post
    Except for me, where they won't fix the broken age gate, and thus my age is set to "1" and I can't view ads for plasma. Please ask someone to fix this.
    I've already explained this to you via email, there is no way to change the age once you have entered it. Sorry.

I've already explained this to you via email, there is no way to change the age once you have entered it. Sorry.
    Sure you could, go into the DB of the server host and edit the db field directly.

Sure you could, go into the DB of the server host and edit the db field directly.
    Maybe, that Barbie personally is not able to to it. But you are right. In every developers team must be somebody database administrator, who's able do it.
    Last edited by Darklight; 09-13-2016 at 06:53 AM.
    Ally code: 112-118-703.
    70lvl, Combat arena: 10+, PR 150k+.
    Leader: Lt. Bradfield Hybrid tactical EM 30k+.
    Android.
    English is not my main language, then sorry for mistakes and possible misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklight View Post
    Maybe, that Barbie personally is not able to to it. But you are right. In every developers team must be somebody database administrator, who's able do it.
    They claimed that when they set it to a different number, it reverted back to "1". So, I asked them to take it as a bug report and fix the problem that you can't change your age. That went ignored, and no subsequent emails were answered. As a result, I get *FAR* less plasma than everybody else, and they don't seem interested in fixing the problem.

They claimed that when they set it to a different number, it reverted back to "1". So, I asked them to take it as a bug report and fix the problem that you can't change your age. That went ignored, and no subsequent emails were answered. As a result, I get *FAR* less plasma than everybody else, and they don't seem interested in fixing the problem.
    I explained it to you several times via email that we cannot change it. You set the age to 1, we did not. I originally treated it as a bug report and told the team - they told me it was not possible to change.

This probably won't work but if you fast forward the year on your device say 18 years then you would be 19. If the check is done on your device and not server then ads may appear???

I explained it to you several times via email that we cannot change it. You set the age to 1, we did not. I originally treated it as a bug report and told the team - they told me it was not possible to change.
    Stellar millenial customer service! Such amazing, many wow!

You are basically telling this guy to quit the game what with doubling plasma prices in the game already. Why don't you pull your wallet out of your pocket/purse/whatever and burn it while you're at it.

I've had to go into db's to fix stuff before, sure you have to know what your doing but its not too hard to figure out what's what, especially with a relatively shallow and narrow db (compared to some others... ugh). It's not like your guys have to write a multi-page query to do this for crying out loud. Just be glad nobody named their character Bobby Tables

And as I said to you, that's not an acceptable answer. Nobody is even looking at the bug as to why age can't be changed. Add a feature to modify it - problem solved.

As for me entering an age of 1, I can tell you that there was no age gate when I signed up. Did it ever occur to you that it was a sign up bug? This game is as buggy as a Microsoft product. It's not unreasonable to think that the sign up at the time didn't work right, and I need you to fix it. It's almost impossible to compete as it is, let alone without all of the free plasma that everyone else gets.

Here's a solution: create me a new UserID, set the age to greater than 13, copy my user data into it. We can solve two problems at once,then, as the account will no longer be linked to other people. See? There's many ways to slice the cake. Saying that a field in a database record can't be changed is a smack in the face.

And as I said to you, that's not an acceptable answer. Nobody is even looking at the bug as to why age can't be changed. Add a feature to modify it - problem solved.

As for me entering an age of 1, I can tell you that there was no age gate when I signed up. Did it ever occur to you that it was a sign up bug? This game is as buggy as a Microsoft product. It's not unreasonable to think that the sign up at the time didn't work right, and I need you to fix it. It's almost impossible to compete as it is, let alone without all of the free plasma that everyone else gets.

Here's a solution: create me a new UserID, set the age to greater than 13, copy my user data into it. We can solve two problems at once,then, as the account will no longer be linked to other people. See? There's many ways to slice the cake. Saying that a field in a database record can't be changed is a smack in the face.
    It doesn't work that way - it's not stored anywhere on our servers, it's stored locally on your device in an encrypted file. Because you entered 1 for an age, the ads and cloud save were disabled. The only way to resolve this delete/reinstall and start over.

It doesn't work that way - it's not stored anywhere on our servers, it's stored locally on your device in an encrypted file. Because you entered 1 for an age, the ads and cloud save were disabled. The only way to resolve this delete/reinstall and start over.
    How do you know the file was written correctly? And why can't you just add a feature to change that file? If it can be written once, it can be written twice. Add a button under settings that calls the same function that's called at account setup time. Factor out code from that function that has side effects, like wiping your account data. Done.

What I really don't understand here is why you are making these excuses. I've been a software engineer for twenty years, and have never encountered the kind of unsolvable situation you are making this out to be, unless there is some component you are hiding. It seems like you guys just don't WANT to fix this, and are making up silly reasons as to why you won't. Nothing you've said so far passes the sanity check of "does this seem reasonable". Maybe you are used to people who you can techno babble your way through, but that doesn't work here.

Here's an offer for you: give me read only source code access, and I'll send you a patch, if you guys are really incapable of doing the tiny amount of work required to add a button, call a function, and factor it down a little.