Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RFlagg813
    • Sep 2016

Pinball FX2 VR for Samsung Gear VR?

Hi everyone! First and foremost, I'm a long time player, I have about 60 tables on my Xbox360, another dozen or so on my Android phone and tablet, you guys absolutely rock, you have perfected the Pinball engine and your tables are awesome.

I just picked up the Samsung Gear VR v3 in the hopes of playing my favorite pinball in VR, however I do not see it in the Oculus Store. When I did my research before purchasing the rig I assumed any Oculus based apps and games would be available(shame on me).

Is there any plan in place to port them to Gear VR?

Fingers crossed...

RFlagg813
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by RFlagg813
    Hi everyone! First and foremost, I'm a long time player, I have about 60 tables on my Xbox360, another dozen or so on my Android phone and tablet, you guys absolutely rock, you have perfected the Pinball engine and your tables are awesome.

I just picked up the Samsung Gear VR v3 in the hopes of playing my favorite pinball in VR, however I do not see it in the Oculus Store. When I did my research before purchasing the rig I assumed any Oculus based apps and games would be available(shame on me).

Is there any plan in place to port them to Gear VR?

Fingers crossed...

RFlagg813
    Welcome to the forums! I will be sure to post if we make them available

Comment

• RFlagg813
      • Sep 2016

Pinball FX2 VR for Samsung Gear VR...take #2

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
      Welcome to the forums! I will be sure to post if we make them available
      While I certainly appreciate the expediant reply, you didn't answer my question.

As I stated in my first post, I have a substantial library of tables and I'm trying to make an informed decision as to how I want to *CONTINUE* to invest in your product. Being a 25 year IT veteran (and a developer) this is what I know:

1. I am a developer so I know first hand porting software takes time, man hours and resources, so I totally get it.

2. Zen Pinball has formally announced supporting Oculus Rift, and continues to port tables over.

3. Zen Pinball also publishes a full table compliment on Android.

4. Samsung Gear VR is Oculus Rift hardware running on the Android back end and has been around for a while now. (v3 just released)

All that being said, could you kindly forward my question onto someone who has the technical authority to simply answer my question?

Thanks in advance,
      RFlagg813

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by RFlagg813

All that being said, could you kindly forward my question onto someone who has the technical authority to simply answer my question?

Thanks in advance,
        RFlagg813
        I do.

I understand your concern, but we don't have any news on that at this time. I will post info about it if/when the time comes.

Comment

• Blanes
          Pinball Fan
          • Aug 2016

It is not an unreasonable question and you could try give a more detailed answer than this cut and paste answer that I see in so many threads here. No wonder your forums are dead !

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Blanes
            It is not an unreasonable question and you could try give a more detailed answer than this cut and paste answer that I see in so many threads here. No wonder your forums are dead !
            I never said it was unreasonable. We're doing a lot of VR stuff, but I can't give details just yet, sorry!

Comment

• CheshireGrin1221
              • May 2012

What you can say about what can't be said.

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
              I never said it was unreasonable. We're doing a lot of VR stuff, but I can't give details just yet, sorry!
              Yea, but just admitting that actually conferred the little detail he was asking about. We can never tell if you're silent on something because there's nothing to say, or if there is but it can't be said.

Most of your short, deferring answers leave is with more questions than answers. That's why we often wonder about how well informed you are. It doesn't usually sound like you know much more on the matter than we do.

Like when if you ask your boss if you could get a raise, n they just tell you ”maybe." Even if you hafta tell us that you can't say anythin, n it might be awhile till you can... At least we could relax n stop waiting with bated breath for what are really pipedreams.
              If life's really just a game, it was designed to be played co-op.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by CheshireGrin1221
                Yea, but just admitting that actually conferred the little detail he was asking about. We can never tell if you're silent on something because there's nothing to say, or if there is but it can't be said.

Most of your short, deferring answers leave is with more questions than answers. That's why we often wonder about how well informed you are. It doesn't usually sound like you know much more on the matter than we do.

Like when if you ask your boss if you could get a raise, n they just tell you ”maybe." Even if you hafta tell us that you can't say anythin, n it might be awhile till you can... At least we could relax n stop waiting with bated breath for what are really pipedreams.
                We don't put out news about stuff until we have definitive answers. I'm not uninformed (I work here. I know what projects are being worked on, what is being considered, etc). Once I have news, I will post it. I promise!

Comment

Working...