Thread: Marvel's Women of Power

Default Marvel's Women of Power

Calling all Marvel Pinball fans! Marvel’s Women of Power pinball releases on September 27th!

Correction: These will come to mobile on September 29th - apologies for the confusion!

Default Stand Alone

Hi Barbie,

Women of Power Pack is available in Standalone ?
    Last edited by velfarre; 09-29-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Default Nudging changed on iOS?

Just joined the forum. Just want to say thanks to Zen Studios for the pinball - I own every table on iOS and they are all fantastic. Well done!

I picked up the Women of Power pack this morning and just gave it go, looks good but I haven't had enough time to really get into them yet.

I did notice that nudging may have changed on iOS. I use the "touch nudge" option and this has always worked for me - but I noticed this morning that I can no longer do a forward nudge. I used to tap the top of the screen for a forward nudge, now whenever I tap the top (or anywhere) I only get left or right nudges. Has anything changed? The hitboxes for the touch nudges option - have they been resized or repositioned? Can this be changed so that we can have a forward nudge again with the touch nudge option?

Anyways - thanks again for making great tables. Zen Pinball is one of my favorite games and by far my most played game on iOS.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xjaff View Post
    Just joined the forum. Just want to say thanks to Zen Studios for the pinball - I own every table on iOS and they are all fantastic. Well done!

I picked up the Women of Power pack this morning and just gave it go, looks good but I haven't had enough time to really get into them yet.

I did notice that nudging may have changed on iOS. I use the "touch nudge" option and this has always worked for me - but I noticed this morning that I can no longer do a forward nudge. I used to tap the top of the screen for a forward nudge, now whenever I tap the top (or anywhere) I only get left or right nudges. Has anything changed? The hitboxes for the touch nudges option - have they been resized or repositioned? Can this be changed so that we can have a forward nudge again with the touch nudge option?

Anyways - thanks again for making great tables. Zen Pinball is one of my favorite games and by far my most played game on iOS.

Thanks!
    Are you using Zen Pinball or Marvel Pinball?

Quote Originally Posted by velfarre View Post
    Hi Barbie,

Women of Power Pack is available in Standalone ?
    It's available on iOS in the Zen Pinball app and the Marvel Pinball app. Also, please note that these 2 only come as a pack and not individually.

Has the download issues been addressed for the Woman of Marvel tables on IOS. Every time I download the screen goes black and all I hear is background music. I love all of your tables and wanted to play the new one this morning

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Are you using Zen Pinball or Marvel Pinball?
    Zen Pinball.

Actually, I also have Marvel pinball with just the Avengers table - I'll try that one now and report back whether the behavior is the same.

EDIT: I just tried the Avengers table within Marvel Pinball and the problem exists there as well - I cannot do a forward nudge using the 'touch nudge' control scheme. So the problem appears to affect both Zen and Marvel.
    Last edited by xjaff; 09-29-2016 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengersfan70 View Post
    Has the download issues been addressed for the Woman of Marvel tables on IOS. Every time I download the screen goes black and all I hear is background music. I love all of your tables and wanted to play the new one this morning
    Does it help if you try to play offline? Are you using Marvel or Zen Pinball? Let me know and I'll have the team investigate.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 09-29-2016 at 03:40 PM.

On the marvel app where I have all my other tables. And will not play offline. There is another thread with a lot of people with the same issue with IOS

Quote Originally Posted by xjaff View Post

Thanks!
    Yep forward nudging is completely gone on iOS zen pinball.
    The top middle area is now slit evenly into left and right nudges.
    Confirmed on new champions table and the Wild West table which I played last night before update and still had forward nudge, now it's gone.
    Please bring back ASAP _ I was really getting into practicing bang backs (death saves)

On the marvel app where I have all my other tables. And will not play offline. There is another thread with a lot of people with the same issue with IOS
    On what iOS device are you playing?

As you can see, I've responded to that thread where one other person is having the same issue, and the team is investigating. Thanks for the report.

iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 plus

iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 plus
    Thanks, the team is on it.

Thanks so much!

On what iOS device are you playing?

As you can see, I've responded to that thread where one other person is having the same issue, and the team is investigating. Thanks for the report.
    I'm having the same issues as well. It's mostly due to the A Force table. The Champions table is working fine. I'm using a iPad Pro and using iOS 10 at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila The Hut View Post
    I'm having the same issues as well. It's mostly due to the A Force table. The Champions table is working fine. I'm using a iPad Pro and using iOS 10 at the moment.
    Thanks for the report. Like I said, the team is investigating - apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for the report. Like I said, the team is investigating - apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.
    working for me (iPad pro latest OS) - priority would be getting this working for everybody.
    could you also inquire into the missing upward nudge for all tables?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DA5ID View Post
    working for me (iPad pro latest OS) - priority would be getting this working for everybody.
    could you also inquire into the missing upward nudge for all tables?

thanks
    Yes, I mentioned this in another thread. I'm just waiting for an answer.

Yes, I mentioned this in another thread. I'm just waiting for an answer.
    Thanks Barbie

I can confirm that the upward nudge appears to be gone. I tested it on my iPad Pro 9.7 running iOS 10.0.2. I tested Venom, South Park, Family Guy, and Sorcerer's Lair. All have lost the upward nudge.

I know I've said this before but I really wish you guys would allow multiple nudge schemes like the Pinball Arcade has. Not everybody holds their iDevice the same, some play in portrait and others play in landscape. It would be nice to have different layouts for the nudge zones.

Now all of a sudden, after closing the app, I try to access the app and there's a blank screen but the background music is playing.

The table physics seem screwed up in the iOS version of Women of Power Champions table. When a ball goes from the habitrails to the inlanes, the ball accelerates extremely fast as if there is 0 friction on the inlane surface. I compared this behavior to some youtube videos of the Champion table being played on other platforms and the physics are indeed vastly different.

Barbie, please have the team test this in addition to the upward nudge. As noted above, I'm playing on an iPad Pro 9.7 running the latest iOS firmware 10.0.2.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    The table physics seem screwed up in the iOS version of Women of Power Champions table. When a ball goes from the habitrails to the inlanes, the ball accelerates extremely fast as if there is 0 friction on the inlane surface. I compared this behavior to some youtube videos of the Champion table being played on other platforms and the physics are indeed vastly different.

Barbie, please have the team test this in addition to the upward nudge. As noted above, I'm playing on an iPad Pro 9.7 running the latest iOS firmware 10.0.2.
    same problem whit the habitrails to the inlanes, am very disappointed the ball is too fast !! play is just a nightmare.

The nudge issue has been fixed on Android, on iOS, the fix is still coming, apologies for the wait!

The nudge issue has been fixed on Android, on iOS, the fix is still coming, apologies for the wait!
    Thanks for the update Barbie. Looking forward to being able to nudge again!

Nudge has been fixed on Zen Pinball iOS - please update to the newest version!

Thanks Barbie. It's working now, good news.

Thank you! My chances of doing a successful bang back is few and far between but it's always fun to try. Super happy to have upward nudge back.

Just curious what were the interface improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by DA5ID View Post
    Thank you! My chances of doing a successful bang back is few and far between but it's always fun to try. Super happy to have upward nudge back.

Just curious what were the interface improvements?
    I couldn't see what they were either so I checked with the team and the changes aren't visible to players :P

Thank you for fixing the nudge issue in a timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post

This is still a major problem in the iOS version!! It has a huge effect on the difficulty. I have played Champions on iOS and Steam and the PC version works perfectly fine, the ball behaves as it should. On the iOS version, the ball gets faster as it travels through the inlanes.

Please address the issue, I don't play the table on iOS because of how annoying it is.

We have the same problem on Android

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamBoy View Post
    This is still a major problem in the iOS version!! It has a huge effect on the difficulty. I have played Champions on iOS and Steam and the PC version works perfectly fine, the ball behaves as it should. On the iOS version, the ball gets faster as it travels through the inlanes.

Please address the issue, I don't play the table on iOS because of how annoying it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by flashingblade View Post
    We have the same problem on Android
    I've let the team know - thanks!

I've let the team know - thanks!
    Any word on this? I know you guys are busy preparing Bethesda Pinball (looks awesome!!) but an update on the Champions table would be nice since it has been glitched since I bought it on release day... almost two months ago.

Any word on this? I know you guys are busy preparing Bethesda Pinball (looks awesome!!) but an update on the Champions table would be nice since it has been glitched since I bought it on release day... almost two months ago.
    I don't have an exact release date on this but I know the team is working on it, they hope to have it fixed when the Bethesda tables release.

I don't have an exact release date on this but I know the team is working on it, they hope to have it fixed when the Bethesda tables release.
    The Bethesda update dropped and I see that the Champions table is still bugged. FYI, I'm using the Marvel Pinball app, which obviously did not get an update. Not sure how table updates are pushed, tbh.

I know you guys have your hands full, I just want the table I bought to work right.

BTW, haven't noticed any bugs like that in the Bethesda tables and they are awesome!

The Bethesda update dropped and I see that the Champions table is still bugged. FYI, I'm using the Marvel Pinball app, which obviously did not get an update. Not sure how table updates are pushed, tbh.
    Will check and let you know if we have a date for that yet.

Will check and let you know if we have a date for that yet.
    It's Jan 5th 2017 and the table is still bugged.

Come on guys, pretty please? With sugar on top?