Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tech101
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by steven120566
    Explain.... I am slow, lol. I have not yet nearly been convinced of the system myself, if that's what you mean.
    You basically said it. What reason is there to own a system till like Mario comes out. Those of us with Wii U's can get Zelda anyways and other then Splatoon 2 I'm not missing anything. I was expecting to be blown away and was bored through the first half of that underwhelming reveal. I wanted to see more and for the people Nintendo wants to convince to buy the system they needed to show more. We are less then 6 weeks away from launch and all they did was leave more questions unanswered. The fact that more of these 3rd parties had nothing to show leads me to believe Nintendo once again screwed up and gave everyone dev kits like 6 months ago. I expected no less then 3 heavy hitters at launch and we got one and even that's not really a heavy hitter because I can get it for Wii U. They should've just cancelled the Wii U version or delayed it till summer or something because now people have a very good reason to not buy the system and that will leave 3rd parties wondering if they should even bother.

I'll get it because the games will be there from Nintendo eventually but I have to ask myself if now is that time. I think Nintendo needed to come out of this reveal with everything they had and if they did they dropped the ball.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• steven120566
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Tech101
      You basically said it. What reason is there to own a system till like Mario comes out. Those of us with Wii U's can get Zelda anyways and other then Splatoon 2 I'm not missing anything. I was expecting to be blown away and was bored through the first half of that underwhelming reveal. I wanted to see more and for the people Nintendo wants to convince to buy the system they needed to show more. We are less then 6 weeks away from launch and all they did was leave more questions unanswered. The fact that more of these 3rd parties had nothing to show leads me to believe Nintendo once again screwed up and gave everyone dev kits like 6 months ago. I expected no less then 3 heavy hitters at launch and we got one and even that's not really a heavy hitter because I can get it for Wii U. They should've just cancelled the Wii U version or delayed it till summer or something because now people have a very good reason to not buy the system and that will leave 3rd parties wondering if they should even bother.

I'll get it because the games will be there from Nintendo eventually but I have to ask myself if now is that time. I think Nintendo needed to come out of this reveal with everything they had and if they did they dropped the ball.
      Yeah I agree with that so far... thanks for clarifying, Tech. As a potential buyer of probably just one current gen system (switch included), and what is out there now for under 300, the sun may be setting on Nintendo for me. Microsoft's system is very compelling at this point and it's almost time for that tax refund hehe..Nintendo still has time but not a whole lot Under 15 million Wii Us sold in all that time, the Switch HAS to be making headlines out of the gate for me to consider it.

Comment

• steven120566
        • Jan 2015

OK Reggie what's your name! End of life for Wii U. Nice comment. Fine! Be that way. Your company ain't getting another penny of my money, and I hope your Switch goes down in flames. Nice underpowered, overpriced system you got going there! You are out of the hardware business, better start making your games for other platforms. I'll be playing Zen on my new XBOX one.

Comment

• steven120566
          • Jan 2015

Watching and waiting.....

Yeah I agree with that so far... thanks for clarifying, Tech. As a potential buyer of probably just one current gen system (switch included), and what is out there now for under 300, the sun may be setting on Nintendo for me. Microsoft's system is very compelling at this point and it's almost time for that tax refund hehe..Nintendo still has time but not a whole lot Under 15 million Wii Us sold in all that time, the Switch HAS to be making headlines out of the gate for me to consider it.
          If I may be so bold as to venture a guess at this point. Zen Studios executives are closely watching the launch of the switch, which is just a few weeks away. Zen has a plan to possibly bring the game to the switch. Probably got a plan on how to execute it, but have not yet decided. A team is probably on stand-by. Alot depends on the first 3-6 months of the system's sales. So, Barbiebomb will not have any news for awhile.

I will be watching from the sidelines on Xbox One and Wii U, and not jumping onboard for the switch. My Wii U experience was just too stressful to invest in the big "N" any more. However, I will certainly remain forever interested in what happens with Zen and the Switch
          Last edited by steven120566; 02-11-2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Tech101
            • Jan 2012

If I may be so bold as to venture a guess at this point. Zen Studios executives are closely watching the launch of the switch, which is just a few weeks away. Zen has a plan to possibly bring the game to the switch. Probably got a plan on how to execute it, but have not yet decided. A team is probably on stand-by. Alot depends on the first 3-6 months of the system's sales. So, Barbiebomb will not have any news for awhile.

I will be watching from the sidelines on Xbox One and Wii U, and not jumping onboard for the switch. My Wii U experience was just too stressful to invest in the big "N" any more. However, I will certainly remain forever interested in what happens with Zen and the Switch
            Having a one man conversation in here? 😉

I still believe Zen is actually working on it now but got a dev kit late. C ant see why they wouldn't be on the Switch within this year but what do I know. Maybe they don't want to announce till they are closer to a launch date and have some good footage to show. Or maybe they actually have Nintendo content this time around (wishful thinking)!
            Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• steven120566
              • Jan 2015

Having a one man conversation in here? ��

I still believe Zen is actually working on it now but got a dev kit late. C ant see why they wouldn't be on the Switch within this year but what do I know. Maybe they don't want to announce till they are closer to a launch date and have some good footage to show. Or maybe they actually have Nintendo content this time around (wishful thinking)!
              Actually, yeah. I talk to myself if nobody answers.

What do YOU know? Usually more than I do.

So, maybe they are developmet then? Would be cool. I could have saved my venting about my Wii U investment for a Nintendo forum, I suppose, but I don't follow those much lol.
              Last edited by steven120566; 02-11-2017, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• FXAlanPOSH
                • Sep 2018

Nintendo Switch

The big Switch news of the week, beyond a doubt, is the announcement of the Fortnite bundle for the console - a link-up with arguably the planets biggest game of the moment, which may be a bit underwhelming in its substance okay, its extremely underwhelming in its substance, but is a dramatic statement in its intent.
                Nintendo putting a third-party game on the packaging for its consoles is a moderately rare occurrence, though this is far from the first time it has happened, as some have been quick to claim - just off the top of my head the Wii U launched with a ZombiU bundle and there was a Just Dance bundle for the Wii, among plenty of others. A bundle with a non-exclusive, cross-platform title, though? Now thats worth raising an eyebrow over. And the sheer cultural status of Fortnite right now means that for Nintendo to make an implicit claim that Switch is the place to come and play this game is the industry equivalent of fighting talk.
                "A bundle with a non-exclusive, cross-platform title, though? Now thats worth raising an eyebrow over"

Comment

Working...