Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tech101
    • Jan 2012

Nintendo Switch

So now that the system has been officially revealed can you say if you're working on it or not. I did not see Zen as a partner as of yet.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!
  • Rafie
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Tech101
    So now that the system has been officially revealed can you say if you're working on it or not. I did not see Zen as a partner as of yet.
    I knew you would make a thread about the Switch the moment it got announced. LOL I hope Zen does work for it in the future.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• Tech101
      • Jan 2012

Lol, you know me too well!

Barbie has already said you know how they like to be on everything but that still doesn't confirm anything. I want it to be official of course.

Comment

• Rafie
        • May 2012

I understand, Tech! Part of me wishes that Zen could make some Nintendo tables. You know how awesome that would be?! Of course you do. LOL I like pretty much everything about the new console EXCEPT for the name. It will probably grow on me, but definitely not at the moment.
        PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
        Gamertag- RAFIE82
        YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
        Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
          Pinball Wizard
          • Feb 2012

As with all new platforms, we're exploring the best possible avenues for our titles, and we'll keep you all posted if and when we have something to announce.

Comment

• steven120566
            • Jan 2015

Lol, you know me too well!

Barbie has already said you know how they like to be on everything but that still doesn't confirm anything. I want it to be official of course.
            Tech and all of this group of Wii U ZEN pinball players, feel free to PM me about your opinions on the switch. I am interested to hear from you guys, and care nothing about anyone else's opinions LOL.

Comment

• CaPPa
              • Mar 2013

I'm not sure if I'd buy Zen tables on the Switch or not. Tables were always late or simply never arrived on the Wii U, so I don't trust them not to treat the next Nintendo console the same way.

Comment

• Everly
                Pinball Wizard
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by CaPPa
                I'm not sure if I'd buy Zen tables on the Switch or not. Tables were always late or simply never arrived on the Wii U, so I don't trust them not to treat the next Nintendo console the same way.
                I totally agree with you. Both Nintendo and Zen have failed to deliver. Nintendo didn't market the Wii U well and didn't do enough to attract the 3rd party providers for the platform. Out of the gate Zen struggled with the Wii U, delaying the initial release from the December launch window into March. That seemed to set the stage for what would always be the case with the Wii U.

I'll keep my eye on the Switch to see if the huge list of 3rd party support that Nintendo is claiming to have actually provide any content. I'll also be interested to see if Zen provides support to the platform on par with what the other platforms receive or if we will start hearing that it is a hard platform to design for as we heard with the Wii U.

Basically I'll need to see performance from both companies, not promises.

Comment

• steven120566
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Everly
                  I totally agree with you. Both Nintendo and Zen have failed to deliver. Nintendo didn't market the Wii U well and didn't do enough to attract the 3rd party providers for the platform. Out of the gate Zen struggled with the Wii U, delaying the initial release from the December launch window into March. That seemed to set the stage for what would always be the case with the Wii U.

I'll keep my eye on the Switch to see if the huge list of 3rd party support that Nintendo is claiming to have actually provide any content. I'll also be interested to see if Zen provides support to the platform on par with what the other platforms receive or if we will start hearing that it is a hard platform to design for as we heard with the Wii U.

Basically I'll need to see performance from both companies, not promises.
                  Ditto Everly, CaPPa. I am not happy with the outcome of my Zen investment on the Wii U and the Wii U in greneral. I hold Nintendo equally responsible for my Wii U and Zen investment, and being short changed on tables as well. The Hyna gang was the best people in the world to play with however and they are only on Nintendo LOL.

At this point for myself as a digital pinball enthusiast, the XBOX one is soooo compelling, and I won't have to re-buy Zen tables I have invested in the 360. I am probably moving to that system, unless something comes soon from Zen regarding the Switch and potential cross buy for those like us who shelled out a considerable amount of dough for Zen and other pinball on the Wii U.

Comment

• tfhfony
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Mar 2013

I wouldn't trust my money on another ZEN/Nintendo combination. Moved over the the PS4 and hapily playing all the new tables with working leaderboards, etc... Still not happy though with how ZEN handeld the WiiU owners though.
                    But, since Nintendo is very good at keeping the big software houses away from their systems, I have no doubt that they will do the same with the Switch, making it end up with not enough titles and not enough users...
                    https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
                    https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Comment

• Tech101
                      • Jan 2012

Yeah I'm not re-buying a bunch of tables here. Zen needs to find a way for us to import our current games to the Switch. I have no doubt they will bring their tables over but just how many will we see and what.

I'm optimistic about it though. Been hearing good thing about easy to port for but I will be curious as to how good the tables will look. The biggest plus here though is I can still play those tables off tv and that's a HUGE pull for me with sharing tv time.

Oh and lastly I'm starting to get the feeling the Switch will be different then last gen. Everything I'm hearing leads me to believe we are going to be blown away at just what's revealed both games wise and system. I never said that with the Wii U and hopefully Nintendo can finally get this right. Really like what I'm hearing from Bethesda and just the fact they're a partner after never having been one. They must know something we don't or Nintendo stepped out of their shell and reached out to them.

Yep, I'm drinking the Kool-Aid and guess what, it tastes good!! Can't blame anyone for not trusting either though but I will be paying close attention.
                      Last edited by Tech101; 12-10-2016, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• steven120566
                        • Jan 2015

Yeah I'm not re-buying a bunch of tables here. Zen needs to find a way for us to import our current games to the Switch. I have no doubt they will bring their tables over but just how many will we see and what.

I'm optimistic about it though. Been hearing good thing about easy to port for but I will be curious as to how good the tables will look. The biggest plus here though is I can still play those tables off tv and that's a HUGE pull for me with sharing tv time.

Oh and lastly I'm starting to get the feeling the Switch will be different then last gen. Everything I'm hearing leads me to believe we are going to be blown away at just what's revealed both games wise and system. I never said that with the Wii U and hopefully Nintendo can finally get this right. Really like what I'm hearing from Bethesda and just the fact they're a partner after never having been one. They must know something we don't or Nintendo stepped out of their shell and reached out to them.

Yep, I'm drinking the Kool-Aid and guess what, it tastes good!! Can't blame anyone for not trusting either though but I will be paying close attention.
                        Don't blame you at all Tech! Deep down, I hope you are right. You are an optimist and there is nothing wrong with that take on it. I am hoping that soon we hear something. Because I am still playing on my current systems, I am giving Zen and Nintendo some time yet, probably about 6-9 months, to influence my decision on my next console. Since I am only financially able to go in one direction with it, I have really been dragging my feet. My mind is made up, but because I am not moving on it until later next year, there is one more opportunity for it to change. We'll see what transpires over the summer Would like your take on it to be right.

Comment

• Everly
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Jan 2013

That would impress me. I know that is standard practice with Zen when you look at XBox and the PS family. So you would assume those that have supported the Wii U library would be rewarded by being able to import those purchased tables to the Switch, but I can almost hear it now. Zen will say they really wanted to do that but, "The way Nintendo has set up their digital purchases we can't do it. Sorry. But stay tuned because we have some big things coming."

In either case, like I mention earlier, I will need to see a big improvement from both sides before I would even consider going down the Nintendo/Zen Studios road again.

Everything I'm hearing leads me to believe we are going to be blown away at just what's revealed both games wise and system. I never said that with the Wii U and hopefully Nintendo can finally get this right. Really like what I'm hearing from Bethesda and just the fact they're a partner after never having been one. They must know something we don't or Nintendo stepped out of their shell and reached out to them.

I appreciate your positive view but I don't share it. I haven't seen Nintendo get anything correct since 2012. The position they have taken and seem to continue to take with regard to marketing, third party cooperation, and hardware construction always stifles the end results. A big list of third party companies that Nintendo says are on board to support the Switch do not convince me anything is different. Third parties that say they are excited about the Switch also do nothing for me. If the system doesn't sell well (probably because Nintendo fails to market it well or provide enough to satisfy the initial demand as we have seen with the recent NES Mini) then that third party support starts to drop off.

I think my position is to expect little to nothing from the Switch and its library. Then I will be happy with anything that ends up happening instead of disappointed that it failed to meet expectations.

I did take advantage of a Best Buy sale and got a $50 eShop card for $42, so I treated myself to the Iron and Steel Pack. Those were the last 2 tables that Zen released to the Wii U that I was interested in. Surprised they didn't do a sale on their Star Wars tables with the release of Rogue One coming out....but it isn't often that Wii U was included in those anyway.

Comment

• Tech101
                            • Jan 2012

That kool-aid I drank is tasting a whole lot sour these days.

I'm changing that to bitter....
                            Last edited by Tech101; 01-16-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• steven120566
                              • Jan 2015

That kool-aid I drank is tasting a whole lot sour these days.

I'm changing that to bitter....
                              Explain.... I am slow, lol. I have not yet nearly been convinced of the system myself, if that's what you mean.

Comment

Working...