Thread: Best Achievement Feeling Ever (plus some suggestions)

Default Best Achievement Feeling Ever (plus some suggestions)

I'm not sure how to describe this, but I've been on a kick lately going through all my tables going after the achievements I don't have and I've been having a blast. The spinning medals that come flying into your face when you get an achievement in this game are the best! So satisfying. Definitely the best fist pumping moments for actually getting an achievement that I have experienced. I miss having 3 achievements per table like on the 360 though; it really is part of the experience I love so much with this game. I understand you have to have 1000 points as a base, so here are some ideas for the future:

Here's a suggestion for Pinball FX 3 maybe; have 4 core tables free instead of 1 (2 core, 1 Marvel, 1 Star Wars), with 3 achievements each worth 50 points. That's 600. Then have some achievements for putting time in...10 hours, 25 hours, 50 hours, 100 hours. Each worth 50 points. Then have a few achievements for beating 10 friends scores, being number one on your wizard list or something to round out the rest. I don't believe there is a limit on Xbox one for achievements so you could easily add 3 achievements per every other table worth 10 points each...couldn't you?

Also, I saw some pics of the VR tables you made, and while VR isn't on my horizon, if you could use what you've created and put it in the normal version one day that would be pretty awesome. A free view sort of thing.

Anyways, keep up the great work Zen! This forum isn't really that "happening" anymore and I want you to continue to support Xbox One - thanks!

I agree that the best Xbox 360 achievement's were in the old days when you had a 5g, 15g and 30g for each table.
    The 30g ones could be immensely tough and satisfying. Even some of the 15g were difficult!

It was a shame they ran out of achievements on 360 and from what Ive seen the ones on PS4 and the bone are pretty uninspired.
    Like you I thought there was no limit to achievements on Xbox One but maybe Im missing something.

Cant say I would agree with achievements based on time played - they are the worst sort in my opinion.
    Hopefully achievements for FX3 will be based on new and exciting game modes we don't know about yet!

This will sound harsh but the forum isn't 'happening' because the game isn't happening. Even SttC has disappeared!

I think it basically started to die when FX3 didn't come along with the latest consoles. They released the same game and the
    same tables all over again (in 1080p woo!). Zen have become very slick at getting out new tables on multiple platforms and they are always a very solid and well made product but the excitement has gone.
    Im sure its a business model that works well for them but they surely need to innovate eventually. I think this has to be done via the platform (FX3!) and new game modes rather than the tables.

I think its a perfect game for online competition but Zen always said no-one used that feature.
    The reason for that is that the search game functions were very poor with no quick match options as far as I can remember. As the number of tables grew it became harder and harder to find a game and once that happens online dies very quickly.

Also regarding the forum its a truth that the player base are much more skilled at figuring out the tables. A new table comes out and everything is known about it within a week.
    I don't think the designers should be so forthcoming about how everything works. Leave a little mystery for people to figure out. In the old days there was a lot more discussion about things like that because everything was a little more cryptic.

At the end of the day we on the forum are the hardcore and our wants are only a small minority of the player base. Maybe most people are happy to have a quick blast of Marvel Pinball and not think about it too deeply. If Zen are selling lots of tables to them and making lots of cash then good luck to them!

Quote Originally Posted by PainkillerJTL View Post

Anyways, keep up the great work Zen! This forum isn't really that "happening" anymore and I want you to continue to support Xbox One - thanks!
    We have no plans to stop Xbox One support. Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post

Cant say I would agree with achievements based on time played - they are the worst sort in my opinion.
    Hopefully achievements for FX3 will be based on new and exciting game modes we don't know about yet!
    I know you are pretty skilled at this game from what I remember on the 360 leaderboards (top or near the top of most tables), but having the time achievements helps provide an incentive and sense of progression for those players who love pinball but just can't master the wizard modes or higher end achievements. They feel like they are getting somewhere (and likely would be progressing their skills by sinking in that much time).

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    I think its a perfect game for online competition but Zen always said no-one used that feature.
    The reason for that is that the search game functions were very poor with no quick match options as far as I can remember. As the number of tables grew it became harder and harder to find a game and once that happens online dies very quickly.
    Head to head wouldn't interest me personally but I liked the timed tournaments they had on the 360. I wish they could return.

Alipan, I don't think you have the Xbox One; have you continued to play the newer tables on the 360? The Aliens pack is particularly well done.

I jumped from Xbox 360 to PS4 so unfortunately wasn't able to take my tables with me.

I dunno - I played such a lot on 360 I got pinball burnout I think so I haven't played any pinball yet on PS4. I still like to keep an eye on the forums though to see whats happening. Ill definitely check out the Aliens tables at some point and also some of the Star Wars tables I missed.

Im really enjoying the latest DOOM game at the moment and also found Resident Evil Revelations 2 way better that I was expecting.

Having a 2 year old now as well Im not sure I will ever be doing any pinball marathons again and troubling the top of the leaderboards!

That's why I hope we get an FX3 at some point with some different (quick) game modes (and some nice new achievements/trophies)