Thread: First Impressions on Bethesda table pack

Default First Impressions on Bethesda table pack

Overall the tables are great yet I can see that these tables won't be as easy to get into as most of Zens collection. That is to say that there is so much going outside any normal pinball table. Not to say the Zen doesn't go out of the box. For these tables you'll need to scroll through the table guides in order to somewhat get a grasp on what you'll need to do.

For Fallout I found the in-game menus confusing. There should be an easier way to get out of the shop rather than scroll using flippers to get to the 'Exit the shop' icon. Frustrating as if you go into the shop without any credit (or whatever the currency is) than you have to constantly scroll scroll and scroll. Overall the table is interesting enough for it's own unique design. I have played this one the least as it was my first table I tried.

Doom - I like the fact that you can choose between to difficulties. Nightmare is indeed that. No ball save in the beginning. The scores do increase. Definitely a table to hone your pinball skills. Needless to say the table isn't clear on what exactly you need to do without going into the table guide much to what I've mentioned earlier. The 'missions' isn't timed which I found interesting. What I do like about this table though is that the mult-balls aren't as easily accessible as some of many Zen's tables. The left or right sink-holes aren't the easiest shot. Getting the ball into those holes several times will start 1 of 2 of the multi-balls.

Skyrim - RPG aspect like Epic Quest. YES please. Though not as charming as Epic Quest it has interesting mechanics. Most may steer clear of this table as there menus galore. You can equip magic spells, Weapons, armor. upgrade different skills. So much to delve into. would you want to equip magic spells or weapons? as you can't use both.

Gripe- The only thing I don't like about this table is the way to get Multiball. get the ball into the bumpers and hit them a certain amount of time. Then you lock them into the sinkhole that opens up. Do that 4 times and multi-ball starts. shoot lanes and raise the jackpots then shoot balls into the center (Where the balls came out) for super Jackpots. It's almost as if you can grind that if you want. All in all it's a minor gripe as exploring other things and gaining side-quests seem to increase your scores.

My favorite of the pack is definitely Skyrim by far. The others I need to delve into more.

Thanks again for another great pack.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    For Fallout I found the in-game menus confusing. There should be an easier way to get out of the shop rather than scroll using flippers to get to the 'Exit the shop' icon. Frustrating as if you go into the shop without any credit (or whatever the currency is) than you have to constantly scroll scroll and scroll. Overall the table is interesting enough for it's own unique design. I have played this one the least as it was my first table I tried.
    Also had some fun with this table. I also didn't like the fact that you have to scroll through the whole list of items in the shop before you can leave...

Doom - I like the fact that you can choose between to difficulties. Nightmare is indeed that. No ball save in the beginning. The scores do increase. Definitely a table to hone your pinball skills. Needless to say the table isn't clear on what exactly you need to do without going into the table guide much to what I've mentioned earlier. The 'missions' isn't timed which I found interesting. What I do like about this table though is that the mult-balls aren't as easily accessible as some of many Zen's tables. The left or right sink-holes aren't the easiest shot. Getting the ball into those holes several times will start 1 of 2 of the multi-balls.
    Definately my favourite, although sometimes the missions are quite unclear. And I also ran into a bug on this table: During one of the plays, the music just stopped completely. I only had SoundFX. I know the music goes on/off a bit during the track, but in this instance I didn't havr any music untill the ball dropped out of the table.
    Skyrim - RPG aspect like Epic Quest. YES please. Though not as charming as Epic Quest it has interesting mechanics. Most may steer clear of this table as there menus galore. You can equip magic spells, Weapons, armor. upgrade different skills. So much to delve into. would you want to equip magic spells or weapons? as you can't use both.
    My least favourite table. To much happening that doesn't involve pinball and I experience it as disturbing items during gameplay.

Anyway, will spend some more time on the tables next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by tfhfony View Post
    Definately my favourite, although sometimes the missions are quite unclear. And I also ran into a bug on this table: During one of the plays, the music just stopped completely. I only had SoundFX. I know the music goes on/off a bit during the track, but in this instance I didn't havr any music untill the ball dropped out of the table.
    Which system were you playing on when this happened?

I just tried to purchase the Bethesda table pack on PS4 and it shows installed on the PSN Store, and doesn't show under my notifications / download history. I checked under system restore licenses which didn't do the trick, but I also noticed that it doesn't show that anything downloaded. Am I trying to install it, but its not really on their servers yet? (PS I also fully rebooted my ps4)

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by romhog View Post
    I just tried to purchase the Bethesda table pack on PS4 and it shows installed on the PSN Store, and doesn't show under my notifications / download history. I checked under system restore licenses which didn't do the trick, but I also noticed that it doesn't show that anything downloaded. Am I trying to install it, but its not really on their servers yet? (PS I also fully rebooted my ps4)

Thanks in advance!

Paul
    Do you have the most recent version of the game installed?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    yea I tried that as well, I know it must be updated because i now show the updated main menu categorization.

I did a "check for updates" on the ps4 and it says its up to date.

Just saw your other post, so the answer is yes Does it help if you hit the import button?

Just saw your other post, so the answer is yes Does it help if you hit the import button?
    ok.. what did you do??? I just turned on my ps4 for the 3rd time and now it triggered that it was available ( and its attempting to download now) I am in EST, don't know if that has something to do with their release times.

Anyhow, now all is good! thanks for being there as always!!

Quote Originally Posted by romhog View Post
    ok.. what did you do??? I just turned on my ps4 for the 3rd time and now it triggered that it was available ( and its attempting to download now) I am in EST, don't know if that has something to do with their release times.

Anyhow, now all is good! thanks for being there as always!!
    Just waved my magic wand! Glad to hear it's all good now - have fun!

Which system were you playing on when this happened?
    On a plain PS4...
    BTW: Love what you did on the main screen. I can now recognize the table-icons again

Oh man, I just watched the trailer and these tables look soooooo good. I'm dying to play them but I made a promise to myself before Women of Power came out that I'd wait and not buy any new tables until ZP2 comes to PSVR so that I'll have new tables to experience for the first time on that. Of course, back then I was hoping it'd be a launch game. It's definitely getting harder to wait.
    I know they're not going to give a date until they're ready but I wish we could at least know if when it comes out it will have all these new tables available or only select older ones. I'm going to be kicking myself if it's the latter.
    Keep up the great work Zen people!

Edit: Where the heck have I been? I just saw posts about PBFX being on PSVR. Guess I haven't used my PS4 much lately having Forza Horizon 3 and Dishonored 2 on Xbox One.
    Going now to DL and play some VR Pinball. Man, I'm so excited!
    Last edited by hunter328; 12-06-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Oh man, I just watched the trailer and these tables look soooooo good. I'm dying to play them but I made a promise to myself before Women of Power came out that I'd wait and not buy any new tables until ZP2 comes to PSVR so that I'll have new tables to experience for the first time on that. Of course, back then I was hoping it'd be a launch game. It's definitely getting harder to wait.
    I know they're not going to give a date until they're ready but I wish we could at least know if when it comes out it will have all these new tables available or only select older ones. I'm going to be kicking myself if it's the latter.
    Keep up the great work Zen people!
    Sorry! I'll post as soon as we have more VR stuff confirmed. I hope you enjoy them once you do get a chance to play

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Question Nudge bug on Doom?!

Im loving Doom but I've ran into an annoying bug which basically causes the nudge mechanic to stop working on that particular ball. A moment ago it cost me the Wizard Mode of Doom.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Default Strange Flipper bug on Skyrim

So I'm holding the ball on the right flipper, and a few seconds later it disappears to the bumpers. (vita)

p.s. Skyrim is the best table, Doom second, fallout depressingly last.
    Table wishlist: Tremors, Regular Show, Orphan Black, Lost Girl, Ren & Stimpy, Futurama, Hack/Slash.
    Loki (More villians)
    Moon Knight - werewolves story arc
    Brainscan - Trickster theme.
    Critters, Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, Gremlins, Chucky.
    SAW (billy doll)
    B-movie horror/monsters.
    My Babysitters a Vampire, MONSTER HUNTER, Darkstalkers, Chocobos, Goosebumps.
    Fullmoon Studios themes (i.e. Puppet Master, Subspecies, KillJoy, Gingerdead Man, Trancers)

Yeah I don't want much do I? >.>

Do you remember which mode were you playing when the music stopped? There are some modes where the music is turning into ambient noises e.g. Recharge, Hell and Back or Lazarus Lab. If you encounter this problem again you can be sure by turning down the SFX and Physics volumes. Thanks for the report and the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by Cathaeter View Post
    So I'm holding the ball on the right flipper, and a few seconds later it disappears to the bumpers. (vita)

p.s. Skyrim is the best table, Doom second, fallout depressingly last.
    Sounds very odd. Can you recall what happened before? What mode was running? Maybe you locked a ball just before? According to my theory you locked a ball for the treasure chest multiball, and something gave the ball back earlier than the locked ball dot matrix message ended which gives the ball back again. We'll try to find and fix the issue.
    Thanks for reporting.
    Last edited by deep; 12-07-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ndever View Post
    Do you remember which mode were you playing when the music stopped? There are some modes where the music is turning into ambient noises e.g. Recharge, Hell and Back or Lazarus Lab. If you encounter this problem again you can be sure by turning down the SFX and Physics volumes. Thanks for the report and the kind words!
    Hi,
    I am afraid I don't remember. Sorry. If I run into the issue again I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Sounds very odd. Can you recall what happened before? What mode was running? Maybe you locked a ball just before? According to my theory you locked a ball for the treasure chest multiball, and something gave the ball back earlier than the locked ball dot matrix message ended which gives the ball back again. We'll try to find and fix the issue.
    Thanks for reporting.
    It happened after hitting the Doth-something ramps then trapping the ball to slow it down.
    Table wishlist: Tremors, Regular Show, Orphan Black, Lost Girl, Ren & Stimpy, Futurama, Hack/Slash.
    Loki (More villians)
    Moon Knight - werewolves story arc
    Brainscan - Trickster theme.
    Critters, Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, Gremlins, Chucky.
    SAW (billy doll)
    B-movie horror/monsters.
    My Babysitters a Vampire, MONSTER HUNTER, Darkstalkers, Chocobos, Goosebumps.
    Fullmoon Studios themes (i.e. Puppet Master, Subspecies, KillJoy, Gingerdead Man, Trancers)

Yeah I don't want much do I? >.>

I like the Doom table the most so far. It's the "cleanest" of them all

Skyrim can be good as longs as items etc. are saved (not checked yet) so you don't have to equip stuff every time you play. Still not a fan of stuff covering the playfield (that bastard of a dragon :P) but they seem to implement it now and then so I guess I just have to live with it.

Fallout is way too much "down time" in the shop etc. Takes too long just to quit the shop. I do not like the zooming in on the achievements or whatever the dolls etc. you collect are either.
    There has to be an option to "autoupgrade/buy" best items and be done with it for us who just wants to play a few rounds now and then. Zen tables tend to take too much time to play in general (my opinion ofc) as it is just to get some of the better high scores. I'm not going to play a 9 hour game again as I did on Secrets of the Deep if the time is wasted on menus and other stuff :P

Hi,
    I am afraid I don't remember. Sorry. If I run into the issue again I will let you know.
    Funny story: my girlfriend was playing on DOOM table yesterday and suddenly asked if it's ok for the music to suddenly stop. I put on her headphones with my heart in my mouth. This is the moment of truth. Has she found the mysterious no music bug on my recent table? Gladly I found that she just started the Recharge main mission where the music is really subtle especially compared to other tracks like the ones during multiballs.

Long story short: it is most probably a feature not a bug If you encounter something similar again, you can check it in the menu. You can also try turning the music volume up in the audio settings. Happy demon hunting!

Talking

Btw... Zen folks... Read this ... The suround processing and overall quality of the audio on the Doom table is amazing, I love the low end freq. Decoding on my rear speakers. Wow. Even the 360 panning all the way around! Why don't more games put more differentiation in channeling like that!
    One of my favorite gaming audio expetience on ps4 to date. Good job!!

It still holds true about how I feel about each table.

Skyrim is Epic Quest on steroids. I managed to beat the dragon (not in one play-through though). Finding a town and selling items is frustrating and confusing yet doesn't detract from how fun the table is. There should be an easier way to sell items as many times I would beat enemies and collect, I would be over burdened and need to sell things I don't equip. Granted putting that aspect of the game into a pinball table is interesting enough.

Doom is growing on me. After finally figuring out some the missions and how to go about them, I manged to get close to getting to the wizard mode. Haven't yet because I've been so enamored by the Skyrim table.

Fallout is the least played. In fact I have maybe tried the table a few time since it came out but I just can't get into the table. The menus detracts too much from the table. Which is surprising since Skyrim has even more menus depending on if you're equipping weapons/items or getting into town to craft and sell. Peter Horvath's Alien Isolation was a great introductory table for him IMO. Perhaps if the menus weren't so cumbersome, this table might get more play-time. Then again I think the other table have been more engaging to me. I'll have to delve into it a bit more.

Glad this pack came out. I've been so out of the loop in playing some pinball that I've been playing some of the other table I haven't in a while.

Now I'm curious about the possibility of a Rogue one table pack like you did with The Force Awakens pack. Maybe they can do an unexpected table like Might of the First Order A table that Zoltan Vari (Fear Itself Ant-man, Masters of the Force) has been throwing in some great pinball designs on his tables. He is my favorite table designer yet I'm Finding Deep's overall gameplay much more enticing. Love how he uses the stack mechanic in his tables. Tables like South Park, American Dad, Force Awakens, Episode 3,4 and 5 etc (I can go on) are such to play.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Question Fallout Bobble-heads?

Anyone know how to get all the bobble-heads in the Fallout table? I've been mostly playing Skyrim & Doom, so hoping for a helping hand before I go all in!

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    It still holds true about how I feel about each table.

Skyrim is Epic Quest on steroids. I managed to beat the dragon (not in one play-through though). Finding a town and selling items is frustrating and confusing yet doesn't detract from how fun the table is. There should be an easier way to sell items as many times I would beat enemies and collect, I would be over burdened and need to sell things I don't equip. Granted putting that aspect of the game into a pinball table is interesting enough.
    How do you go to the shop and sell stuff?
    Also, what are the two talon like symbols mean when lit at the ramps and the gold sun or coin at the left orbit?
    Also also, how do you align the bumper statues/totems? Oh, and how do you craft stuff?
    I'm living the table more but the guide is pretty vague.

Thanks for any help.