Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Pinball Packs

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4

    Question Pinball Packs

    Hey there, long time player but new forum member here..

    I'm a huge fan of Zen Studio's work. That being said, I'm having an issue that just came up after getting my roommates into Zen Pinball 2 for ps4 (of course)

    I used to be able to view every individual table separately and purchase each one accordingly, but ever since I downloaded the app on my roommates Ps4, the tables are only viewable and purchasable in packs of about 3 (on average). I went to my PlayStation and opened my copy of ZP2 and now my home screen is like this also.. It is a big issue for us.. how can we change it back ASAP? And why did it change in the first place?!

    On a separate note, I also play the mobile version on my Droid Turbo 2.. You guys NEED to make it easier to let players see/sync their friends' highscores with each other's accounts, if that makes sense. It's so damn difficult that I've had multiple friends lose interest after a half an hour of me trying to set it up for them.. Please help me out man.. I've spent a lot of time energy and money on your apps, not to mention brought you guys a bunch of business. I need a resolution fast..

    I find it irritating that one cannot download the tables they've purchased on another console for free on their other consoles via one time secret codes/email link, etc. I know it's possible, but I'm also aware you guys would lose money, which is why you guys haven't done it in the first place..

    No hard feelings.. I'm straight hooked on your tables, and am certainly not planning on stopping any time soon. Fix the problems I've brought up and i GUARANTEE 10 more customers minimum.

    - Dřc

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doctor View Post
    I used to be able to view every individual table separately and purchase each one accordingly, but ever since I downloaded the app on my roommates Ps4, the tables are only viewable and purchasable in packs of about 3 (on average). I went to my PlayStation and opened my copy of ZP2 and now my home screen is like this also.. It is a big issue for us.. how can we change it back ASAP? And why did it change in the first place?!

    On a separate note, I also play the mobile version on my Droid Turbo 2.. You guys NEED to make it easier to let players see/sync their friends' highscores with each other's accounts, if that makes sense. It's so damn difficult that I've had multiple friends lose interest after a half an hour of me trying to set it up for them.. Please help me out man.. I've spent a lot of time energy and money on your apps, not to mention brought you guys a bunch of business. I need a resolution fast..

    I find it irritating that one cannot download the tables they've purchased on another console for free on their other consoles via one time secret codes/email link, etc. I know it's possible, but I'm also aware you guys would lose money, which is why you guys haven't done it in the first place..
    The PS4 menu was changed because it was completely unorganized and the icons were tiny/unreadable.

    Sorry, but we don't have a way to transfer tables across platforms whose stores are not linked (for example, PSN and Google Play).

    Can you elaborate on what you mean by syncing scores with each other's accounts? If you're just looking to see a friend's score on a particular table, just go to the leaderboard and hit "filter" and it will filter out everyone except those on your friends list who have also posted a score for that table. Let me know if that isn't what you're referring to.

  3. #3
    Senior Member JaySTeeY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA (GMT -5)
    Posts
    121

    Default

    I find it irritating that one cannot download the tables they've purchased on another console for free on their other consoles via one time secret codes/email link, etc. I know it's possible, but I'm also aware you guys would lose money, which is why you guys haven't done it in the first place...
    To that end, you are suggesting that PS4 games should be playable on XB1, and vice-versa? Okaaay...
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaySTeeY View Post
    To that end, you are suggesting that PS4 games should be playable on XB1, and vice-versa? Okaaay...
    Is that really what you were able to pull out of my post? I'm trying to be constructive with my criticism..

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    The PS4 menu was changed because it was completely unorganized and the icons were tiny/unreadable.

    Sorry, but we don't have a way to transfer tables across platforms whose stores are not linked (for example, PSN and Google Play).

    Can you elaborate on what you mean by syncing scores with each other's accounts? If you're just looking to see a friend's score on a particular table, just go to the leaderboard and hit "filter" and it will filter out everyone except those on your friends list who have also posted a score for that table. Let me know if that isn't what you're referring to.
    My android profile is linked to Google Play and PS4 profile is linked to PSN, respectively.. Are you saying that since I've purchased a bunch of tables on my ps4 (which is synced to my PSN account), I can transfer those tables to my Android account (which is also linked to Google Play, respectively)?

    What I was trying to say was, if I have a bunch of tables on my Google Play account, and I want to see my friend's highscores (who also plays on Android), what is the easiest way for us to link up to each other? I'm sorry if I'm being confusing, there is a lot going on in my household, including a young child who loves to scream over nothing at a constant rate. (Blehhhh ><)

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    The PS4 menu was changed because it was completely unorganized and the icons were tiny/unreadable.
    I can understand this I suppose.. but taking away the ability to purchase each table individually is kinda upsetting..
    Also, Zen Pinball 2 JUST switched from being individual tables to the 12 categories just last night. Was the update that recent? Cause I don't think that's the case.. Is there a way to just buy individual tables? Or possibly change it back to the way it used to be?

    .. I don't have a problem with buying 3 of them at a time dude.. it's just trying to get some of my friends, who have yet to get hooked on the game, to buy more than one table right off the bat. Or take for instance, I like the Darth Vader table, but really don't care for the other two that comes in the pack with it.. It comes off as a money making tactic to some.

    This is coming from someone WHO LOVES ZEN PINBALL.. So fucking be nice.. Jesus..

    -Doc

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Not only the PS4 menu has changed, the Vita menu has also changed.

    I do not like the new interface, so I would appreciate if this can be switched back to the way it used to be by an option so everyone can decide for themselves if they want the new interface or not. Even better; let people decide for themselves how they want to sort the tables (e.g. alphabetical or whatever).

    Another long-standing bug on all of the newer tables is that if you've earned a trophy, the small trophy symbol that appears over the table icon in the main menu does not appear. By that I mean the little symbol that appears right next to the symbol indicating you're number 1 amongst your friends.


    Jon

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doctor View Post
    I can understand this I suppose.. but taking away the ability to purchase each table individually is kinda upsetting..
    Also, Zen Pinball 2 JUST switched from being individual tables to the 12 categories just last night. Was the update that recent? Cause I don't think that's the case.. Is there a way to just buy individual tables? Or possibly change it back to the way it used to be?

    .. I don't have a problem with buying 3 of them at a time dude.. it's just trying to get some of my friends, who have yet to get hooked on the game, to buy more than one table right off the bat. Or take for instance, I like the Darth Vader table, but really don't care for the other two that comes in the pack with it.. It comes off as a money making tactic to some.

    This is coming from someone WHO LOVES ZEN PINBALL.. So fucking be nice.. Jesus..

    -Doc
    The way we sell them has not changed at all. All packs remain as packs, all individual tables remain as individual tables (keep in mind not all tables are available individually, many are sold as a pack).

    As for Google Play, the app uses Google Plus for the social features, so just add your friends there but make sure your profile isn't set to private or your scores will not be visible to them. You can adjust your settings at any point by tapping the crown icon within the app, then tap the 3 dots at the top right corner to open the settings menu.

    And please watch your language. Take a look at our forum rules here: http://forum.zenstudios.com/forumdis...rum-Guidelines

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingCat78 View Post
    Another long-standing bug on all of the newer tables is that if you've earned a trophy, the small trophy symbol that appears over the table icon in the main menu does not appear. By that I mean the little symbol that appears right next to the symbol indicating you're number 1 amongst your friends.
    Can this bug be confirmed?


    Jon

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingCat78 View Post
    Can this bug be confirmed?


    Jon
    Sorry I missed this - which tables are affected? Let me know and I can check for you.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21

    Default

    This happens on the following table icons on PS4 but not on PS Vita (don't know about PS3):

    Wild West Rampage
    Castle Storm
    Ant-Man
    Star Wars: Rebels
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    Star Wars: Might of the First Order
    Family Guy
    American Dad!
    Aliens vs. Pinball (all 3 tables)
    Women of Power (both tables)

    I've included 2 screenshots with this post to illustrate the "problem". In the first screenshot you can see that the small yellow trophy symbol is not displayed on the Wild West Rampage table icon, even though I've earned the trophy (which you can see in the second screenshot). The same issue applies to all the other tables I've mentioned.

    I've checked the tables on which I've earned a trophy, but there may be more with this same "problem". Probably the newest Bethesda tables too.


    Jon

    Image 1.jpgImage 2.jpg
    Last edited by KingCat78; 01-01-2017 at 01:06 PM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doctor View Post
    I can understand this I suppose.. but taking away the ability to purchase each table individually is kinda upsetting..
    Also, Zen Pinball 2 JUST switched from being individual tables to the 12 categories just last night. Was the update that recent? Cause I don't think that's the case.. Is there a way to just buy individual tables? Or possibly change it back to the way it used to be?

    .. I don't have a problem with buying 3 of them at a time dude.. it's just trying to get some of my friends, who have yet to get hooked on the game, to buy more than one table right off the bat. Or take for instance, I like the Darth Vader table, but really don't care for the other two that comes in the pack with it.. It comes off as a money making tactic to some.
    I think you're confusing the PSN version and Android versions of the game. Only the mobile versions allow you to buy the tables individually, while the console and PC versions mostly go by packs. This has never changed. The primary reason why is because you can't demo the tables on the mobile versions of the game.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingCat78 View Post
    This happens on the following table icons on both PS4 and PS Vita (don't know about PS3):

    Wild West Rampage
    Castle Storm
    Ant-Man
    Star Wars: Rebels
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    Star Wars: Might of the First Order
    Family Guy
    American Dad!
    Aliens vs. Pinball (all 3 tables)
    Women of Power (both tables)

    I've included 2 screenshots with this post to illustrate the "problem". In the first screenshot you can see that the small yellow trophy symbol is not displayed on the Wild West Rampage table icon, even though I've earned the trophy (which you can see in the second screenshot). The same issue applies to all the other tables I've mentioned.

    I've checked the tables on which I've earned a trophy, but there may be more with this same "problem". Probably the newest Bethesda tables too.


    Jon
    Thanks! I'll have the team check on this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •