Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dariusz
    • Dec 2016

Pinball FX2 nor starting up on windows 10

I haven't played the game in a while so decided to get back into it today... however when I start the game I get the initial window and after 2 seconds it closes and game does not start.. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game and I still get the same issue.. I tried running the game from windows store and from the desktop.. neither works, small window opens and then closes and that's it, back in the desktop. Any suggestions?

Thank You
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Dariusz
    I haven't played the game in a while so decided to get back into it today... however when I start the game I get the initial window and after 2 seconds it closes and game does not start.. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game and I still get the same issue.. I tried running the game from windows store and from the desktop.. neither works, small window opens and then closes and that's it, back in the desktop. Any suggestions?

Thank You
    What kind of pc are you using? Laptop, desktop? Can you give some specs? Does it help if you clear the store cache? (press the Windows Key + r then in the box type wsreset.exe and hit enter)

Also, does it give any error messages at any point?

Comment

• Dariusz
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
      What kind of pc are you using? Laptop, desktop? Can you give some specs? Does it help if you clear the store cache? (press the Windows Key + r then in the box type wsreset.exe and hit enter)

Also, does it give any error messages at any point?
      I tried clearing the store cache and I have the same issue.. a window opens up for 2-3 seconds and disappears.. I am running a desktop Xenon E5 2640, 16GB RAM, X79 MOBO, Radeon x480 8gb video card running latest drivers 16.11.5.. all my other windows store games run fine.. all drivers and windows updates are up to date.. also I never get any messages at all.. the launch window just closes after 2-3 seconds with no errors..

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2012

I tried clearing the store cache and I have the same issue.. a window opens up for 2-3 seconds and disappears.. I am running a desktop Xenon E5 2640, 16GB RAM, X79 MOBO, Radeon x480 8gb video card running latest drivers 16.11.5.. all my other windows store games run fine.. all drivers and windows updates are up to date.. also I never get any messages at all.. the launch window just closes after 2-3 seconds with no errors..
        Thanks! I'm going to have the team check this out and see what they suggest. The MS support pages seem to be full of various reports of apps not responding but they don't offer any real solutions.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
          Pinball Wizard
          • Feb 2012

Can you confirm that you're using the most recent version (if there is no update available for the app on the Windows Store, you're good).

Can you send us a dxdiag report? To get this, you should open the windows search dialog, enter dxdiag the run it, save the report to a text file then send to us (my email is support @zenstudios.com)

And last question: Do you see the Zen and PFX logos before the program closes?

Thanks!

Comment

• Dariusz
            • Dec 2016

Can you confirm that you're using the most recent version (if there is no update available for the app on the Windows Store, you're good).

Can you send us a dxdiag report? To get this, you should open the windows search dialog, enter dxdiag the run it, save the report to a text file then send to us (my email is support @zenstudios.com)

And last question: Do you see the Zen and PFX logos before the program closes?

Thanks!
            there seems to be no other updates in windows store and my version shows up as 1.11.0.0.
            Also I do see the ZEN and PFX logos for the 2-3 seconds the window is open and then it closes with nothing happening afterwords.
            I have also collected and sent dxdiag report as requested.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
              Pinball Wizard
              • Feb 2012

there seems to be no other updates in windows store and my version shows up as 1.11.0.0.
              Also I do see the ZEN and PFX logos for the 2-3 seconds the window is open and then it closes with nothing happening afterwords.
              I have also collected and sent dxdiag report as requested.
              Received! thanks!

Comment

• Dariusz
                • Dec 2016

Received! thanks!
                Any news regarding this issue? I would love to play some pinball over the holidays.. lol
                Last edited by Dariusz; 12-23-2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Feb 2012

Hi again,
                  The team has some steps for you to try out:

1. navigate to the following folder on your desktop: c:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Packages\ZenStudios.PinballFX2Windo ws10Edition_sqz2yzgfp6bz4\LocalState\
                  2. try to move the Profile_*.dat file into an other folder on the PC
                  3. restart the game and see what happens

If this does not help, please send us the contents (detailed file list) of the above folder ([email protected]).

Also, do you have the Steam version of the game? If so, does that run correctly for you?

Comment

• Dariusz
                    • Dec 2016

Hi again,
                    The team has some steps for you to try out:

1. navigate to the following folder on your desktop: c:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Packages\ZenStudios.PinballFX2Windo ws10Edition_sqz2yzgfp6bz4\LocalState\
                    2. try to move the Profile_*.dat file into an other folder on the PC
                    3. restart the game and see what happens

If this does not help, please send us the contents (detailed file list) of the above folder ([email protected]).

Also, do you have the Steam version of the game? If so, does that run correctly for you?
                    so i navigated into the folder and it is empty.. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game before but it still wasn't working.... maybe it's empty because of that?
                    As for the steam version, I installed it and it works fine...
                    Let me know if there is any other suggestions you might have to get the win10 version working.. also, just to mention my install dir is on a different drive.. game worked few months ago.. also I have a few other games installed there and they do work fine..

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Feb 2012

so i navigated into the folder and it is empty.. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game before but it still wasn't working.... maybe it's empty because of that?
                      Let me know if there is any other suggestions you might have to get the win10 version working.. also, just to mention my install dir is on a different drive.. game worked few months ago.. also I have a few other games installed there and they do work fine..
                      Thanks! I'll get this over to our QA lead

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Feb 2012

I've emailed you a file and some steps on what to do next - check your inbox.

Comment

• Dariusz
                          • Dec 2016

I've emailed you a file and some steps on what to do next - check your inbox.
                          I downloaded and ran the reg file and then I created the c:\crash folder as requested.. I started the game and as usual game window opened and closed right away.. I do not see any dump files in that folder created.. in the past I would get the logo on the window for 3-4 sec and then it would close.. ever since I reinstalled the game, as soon as I start it, the window closes within 1 sec now..

also I ended up moving the game to my c drive using the option in windows settings and still it has the same issue.. just wanted to rule out running the game from primary drive...
                          Last edited by Dariusz; 01-10-2017, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

I downloaded and ran the reg file and then I created the c:\crash folder as requested.. I started the game and as usual game window opened and closed right away.. I do not see any dump files in that folder created.. in the past I would get the logo on the window for 3-4 sec and then it would close.. ever since I reinstalled the game, as soon as I start it, the window closes within 1 sec now..

also I ended up moving the game to my c drive using the option in windows settings and still it has the same issue.. just wanted to rule out running the game from primary drive...
                            Thanks for doing this! I'll check with QA and see how to proceed from here.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Feb 2012

Question from QA: Are you able to log into Xbox Live (via the separate Xbox app)?

Comment

Working...