Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: Pinball FX2 nor starting up on windows 10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    21

    Default Pinball FX2 nor starting up on windows 10

    I haven't played the game in a while so decided to get back into it today... however when I start the game I get the initial window and after 2 seconds it closes and game does not start.. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game and I still get the same issue.. I tried running the game from windows store and from the desktop.. neither works, small window opens and then closes and that's it, back in the desktop. Any suggestions?

    Thank You

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
    I haven't played the game in a while so decided to get back into it today... however when I start the game I get the initial window and after 2 seconds it closes and game does not start.. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game and I still get the same issue.. I tried running the game from windows store and from the desktop.. neither works, small window opens and then closes and that's it, back in the desktop. Any suggestions?

    Thank You
    What kind of pc are you using? Laptop, desktop? Can you give some specs? Does it help if you clear the store cache? (press the Windows Key + r then in the box type wsreset.exe and hit enter)

    Also, does it give any error messages at any point?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    What kind of pc are you using? Laptop, desktop? Can you give some specs? Does it help if you clear the store cache? (press the Windows Key + r then in the box type wsreset.exe and hit enter)

    Also, does it give any error messages at any point?
    I tried clearing the store cache and I have the same issue.. a window opens up for 2-3 seconds and disappears.. I am running a desktop Xenon E5 2640, 16GB RAM, X79 MOBO, Radeon x480 8gb video card running latest drivers 16.11.5.. all my other windows store games run fine.. all drivers and windows updates are up to date.. also I never get any messages at all.. the launch window just closes after 2-3 seconds with no errors..

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
    I tried clearing the store cache and I have the same issue.. a window opens up for 2-3 seconds and disappears.. I am running a desktop Xenon E5 2640, 16GB RAM, X79 MOBO, Radeon x480 8gb video card running latest drivers 16.11.5.. all my other windows store games run fine.. all drivers and windows updates are up to date.. also I never get any messages at all.. the launch window just closes after 2-3 seconds with no errors..
    Thanks! I'm going to have the team check this out and see what they suggest. The MS support pages seem to be full of various reports of apps not responding but they don't offer any real solutions.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
    I tried clearing the store cache and I have the same issue.. a window opens up for 2-3 seconds and disappears.. I am running a desktop Xenon E5 2640, 16GB RAM, X79 MOBO, Radeon x480 8gb video card running latest drivers 16.11.5.. all my other windows store games run fine.. all drivers and windows updates are up to date.. also I never get any messages at all.. the launch window just closes after 2-3 seconds with no errors..
    Can you confirm that you're using the most recent version (if there is no update available for the app on the Windows Store, you're good).

    Can you send us a dxdiag report? To get this, you should open the windows search dialog, enter dxdiag the run it, save the report to a text file then send to us (my email is support @zenstudios.com)

    And last question: Do you see the Zen and PFX logos before the program closes?

    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Can you confirm that you're using the most recent version (if there is no update available for the app on the Windows Store, you're good).

    Can you send us a dxdiag report? To get this, you should open the windows search dialog, enter dxdiag the run it, save the report to a text file then send to us (my email is support @zenstudios.com)

    And last question: Do you see the Zen and PFX logos before the program closes?

    Thanks!
    there seems to be no other updates in windows store and my version shows up as 1.11.0.0.
    Also I do see the ZEN and PFX logos for the 2-3 seconds the window is open and then it closes with nothing happening afterwords.
    I have also collected and sent dxdiag report as requested.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
    there seems to be no other updates in windows store and my version shows up as 1.11.0.0.
    Also I do see the ZEN and PFX logos for the 2-3 seconds the window is open and then it closes with nothing happening afterwords.
    I have also collected and sent dxdiag report as requested.
    Received! thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •