X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steven120566
    • Jan 2015

Thoughts on 360 going forward....

Hey ladies and gentleman,

When I go on xbox live, it does seem that [B]most[B] of my pinball friends are now on xbox one. I applaud Zen Studios on their 360 support, even up to the latest tables

I am wondering if any Zen fans are still enjoying the 360 as much as I do? I will get the xbox one eventually, it is a powerhouse. Not just a game machine but a home entertainment centerpiece Anyway, Zen studios is responsible for my decision on xbox one since they have the ability to get the tables on the xbox one that I already invested in. The disappointed me with their Wii U commitment but the XBOX/PS cross buy they have shown class all the way.

But, I don't want to get one until I have to. So.... I hope they keep the 360 on xbox live for some time. Any thoughts from xbox pinballers on this? Anybody hear anything at all about the 360 being cut off? I hope not. Not yet! Thanks!

Last edited by steven120566; 12-10-2016, 12:41 PM.
  • JaySTeeY
    • Apr 2014

I recently moved up to XB1, but that was mainly due to my 360 overheating & shutting down in the last 5-6 weeks, mostly during graphics-heavy gameplay, but also during streaming in the summer (possibly due to high humidity).

After vacuuming all of the vent holes, raising the powerblock up, pulling the console out of the entertainment center for improved ventilation, etc, it was still shutting down. Bummer. So made the move over Thanksgiving weekend, picked up a Gears4 bundle for $50 off.

I hadn't planned on moving up for a few more years, mostly waiting for the game library to increase, and game prices to decrease.

Am glad that XB has the backwards-compatibility features, installed some of my favorite games, such as SSX, Gears3, Red Dead Redemption. Bummed that Tomb Raider is not on the list (although there is a XB1 definitive edition out), and no Tom Clancy titles either. I had just bought Splinter Cell-Blacklist and NFS-Most wanted in the last month (both $8 ea !!), and was really getting into them.

That being said, loving the new console. Gears4, demos of Forza 6 & Forza Horizon 2-3, and Battlefield 1 look *fantastic*, wow. After poking around the interface for a few days, I like it.

Regarding PFX2, I am grateful that Zen has continued to support last-gen consoles, and has the table xfers, THANK YOU!! As long as they offer new tables on last-gen, and my 360 keeps working, I will buy there first, then xfer to my XB1.

I'm looking forward to playing the tables again, and starting fresh with competition. However, I have only seen a few of my pinball friends on the XB1 so far. I had a nicely balanced friend list on the 360, we seemed to be trading closely-matched scores. I would receive an occasional challenge that would reignite interest in a table, or I would send a challenge after investing some time in improving my gameplay. Unfortunately, the XB1 does not have the 'send-score-challenge' feature. But I plan on sending screen captures via PM, that should work.

The new interface is cool, I like it, especially the "favorite tables" tab.

Alright, will end this for now, probably turned this into a TL;DR! Hope to see more of my friends on the One eventually, possibly when PFX3 is released !! (hint to Zen )
    Last edited by JaySTeeY; 12-12-2016, 05:28 PM.
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by steven120566
      But, I don't want to get one until I have to. So.... I hope they keep the 360 on xbox live for some time. Any thoughts from xbox pinballers on this? Anybody hear anything at all about the 360 being cut off? I hope not. Not yet! Thanks!

No plans to drop support at the moment

Comment

• steven120566
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
        No plans to drop support at the moment
        Sounds good This way Barbie, I know that I am not throwing away any money if I buy tables on the 360, because I can eventually import them even if I have not yet upgraded, right?

Jay, hadn't seen any new scores for you lately...so you are playing on XBOX one, aay? My upgrade is probably next summer barring any reason for me to go with a different system (possible but not likely).

I will let you know when I make the jump over. I assume that even though we can still see friends that have moved on to XBOX one, I can not see any scores. The 360 leaderboards and XBOX one leaderboards are seperate entities, right? I will make sure to keep sending the score challenges when I am lucky enough to get them. Things have levelled out on alot of those older tables and the times when I overtake anyone are rare, but still happen sometimes lol.

Thanks, MC Hannie B
        Last edited by steven120566; 12-13-2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
          Pinball Wizard
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by steven120566
          Sounds good This way Barbie, I know that I am not throwing away any money if I buy tables on the 360, because I can eventually import them even if I have not yet upgraded, right?

Jay, hadn't seen any new scores for you lately...so you are playing on XBOX one, aay? My upgrade is probably next summer barring any reason for me to go with a different system (possible but not likely).

I will let you know when I make the jump over. I assume that even though we can still see friends that have moved on to XBOX one, I can not see any scores. The 360 leaderboards and XBOX one leaderboards are seperate entities, right? I will make sure to keep sending the score challenges when I am lucky enough to get them. Things have levelled out on alot of those older tables and the times when I overtake anyone are rare, but still happen sometimes lol.

Thanks, MC Hannie B
          Yep, imports will still be there when you upgrade. And yes, they have separate leaderboards.

Comment

• RockyDon
            • Jan 2017

new Fx pinball games for XBox 360

It looks like some new pinball tables are being added to XBox One. But I don't see the same games being added to the 360 platform.
            Bethesda is an example.
            Is this the end of new tables for the 360?

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
              Pinball Wizard
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by RockyDon
              It looks like some new pinball tables are being added to XBox One. But I don't see the same games being added to the 360 platform.
              Bethesda is an example.
              Is this the end of new tables for the 360?
              Bethesda Pinball is available on Xbox 360: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...7-d4f621bb5f84

Comment

• dave950lam
                Pinhead
                • Nov 2012

I still play on the 360, and my username is the same as here.

Comment

• RockyDon
                  • Jan 2017

XBox 360 updates

I wonder if I am being notified about new games that become available. I am a gold member. But It seems I use to get informed of new pinball games every few months. Am I missing the new games. Or maybe they have quit making them for the 360?

Comment

Working...