Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost2000uk
    • Dec 2016

psvr image drift

It seems a lot of people including me are having problems with image drift on the psvr? The tables drift off to the left frequently .If this is a common problem will there be an update to fix this?
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Try repositioning the camera and running the adjustment in the system settings, and calibrate the tracking lights on the headset and see if that helps.

Comment

• ghost2000uk
      • Dec 2016

Yep ...tried all that a few times before thanks barb.....Other games are fine now just this...Ive seen that its not just me that's having this problem.. some tables are worse than others.. love the game but its just a pain having to re centre all the time

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by ghost2000uk
        Yep ...tried all that a few times before thanks barb.....Other games are fine now just this...Ive seen that its not just me that's having this problem.. some tables are worse than others.. love the game but its just a pain having to re centre all the time
        Thanks! I'll have the team check this out once they are back from break after the holidays

Comment

• DA5ID
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
          Thanks! I'll have the team check this out once they are back from break after the holidays
          That would be great! The image drift on psvr seems to increase with play duration. I really like that the screen reset button has been mapped to a controller button and not just the hard to find option button. It seems like 5+ minute games the image drift starts happening more frequently so often I am flip flip nudge flip reset repeat. After really long games 20+ minutes head tracking has gone haywire and head movements start moving the position of the table instead of the camera - I have to pause and restart the psvr headset (turn off and on) to fix.

Just wanted to mention for testing (play longer games). - still the most awesome gaming experience EVER

Comment

• ghost2000uk
            • Dec 2016

Thanks Barb..It will give them something to get their teeth into other than turkey and mince pies after the holiday lol

Comment

• hunter328
              Pinball Wizard
              • Apr 2012

Are there any fixes for this besides moving the camera and recalibration as I've tried those.
              I love the VR experience (would be even better with new tables vs ones I've played through so many times though) but it does get frustrating having to constantly recenter everything. I'd say it moves enough that I do it every few minutes and there's a noticeable shift as everything goes back to being centered. Although I'm not too sure that it's a problem on Zen's front rather than being a design flaw/bug with PSVR itself as I've seen complaints of the same happening on a lot of other PSVR related sites.
              I'm still open to hearing any fixes though.
              sigpic

Comment

• BBIAJ
                • May 2014

I picked up Pinball FX2 VR last weekend, along with all the tables, and the drift is really bad, and incredibly annoying.

If it wasn't for the fact that it cost what it did, and was so much fun to play, then I would have given up on it by now.
                Last edited by BBIAJ; 02-01-2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• hunter328
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by BBIAJ
                  I picked up Pinball FX2 VR last weekend, along with all the tables, and the drift is really bad, and incredibly annoying.

If it wasn't for the fact that it cost what it did, and was so much fun to play, then I would have given up on it by now.
                  Yeah, I played some the other day, taking a break from being scared to death in RE7, and it does get annoying and can make you queasy.
                  Is there any word on what's causing this or a possible fix?
                  sigpic

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by hunter328
                    Yeah, I played some the other day, taking a break from being scared to death in RE7, and it does get annoying and can make you queasy.
                    Is there any word on what's causing this or a possible fix?
                    It's been assigned to someone to investigate so hopefully we can fix or give more suggestions soon.

Comment

• warlock7
                      • Jul 2012

Drift is a PS4 issue

The menus in PS4VR drift left also. But the menus don't bounce all over the place like this game does...
                      Stay sane inside insanity.

Comment

• TheOrb
                        • Feb 2017

Nauseating Image Bouncing PSVR

Out of 40 games on PSVR this is the only one making me sick & giving me a headache. After playing for over 10 minutes it's like I'm playing in a 9.0 earthquake with the table bouncing all over the place. Recalibrating etc. does not help and this is the only game I'm having this problem with

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Feb 2012

Can someone try to record the problem with the built-in ps4 gameplay recorder? Unfortunately the team is having a hard time reproducing the issue. Also, does it happen on all tables or just certain ones?

Comment

• ZZ Wicked
                            • Feb 2017

Found a way to remove a majority of the quick image drift/shake

After some trial and error, this is what I found.

I did this experiment in a darkened room with a black sheet for a background & made sure there were no distracting lights. I used a PS4 Pro and 2nd generation camera for the test.

The image drift can be easy to replicate. Just set up the camera/psvr like normal and start a table. I used the Secrets of the Deep Table for my test. Move back to around 8-10 feet from the camera and stand/sit still. The camera should start creating the odd micro movement/shake. I found it only shows up when the psvr is being worn too. setting the psvr on something and covering the interior face sensor will not trigger the effect. It starts happening when the psvr begins moving around.

To reduce the drift/shake, slowly start moving forward in 6 inch to 10 inch increments towards the camera and wait. Eventually there will be a sweet spot where the effect almost completely stops. I found mine around 4 feet from the camera. It's a pretty small area for the sweet spot too. I found leaning forward and backward in a chair will start the effect, and sitting normally (in the sweet spot) causes it to mostly go away. I also found that slightly rotating the chair left/right and facing just to the side of the camera seemed to help sometimes too.

UPDATE:
                            I've noticed starting a table in the 'sweet spot' seems to help reduce the problem when shifting to new playing positions. It's not perfect but it does help.
                            Last edited by ZZ Wicked; 02-20-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• ZZ Wicked
                              • Feb 2017

Captured footage bounce/shake problem

Can someone try to record the problem with the built-in ps4 gameplay recorder? Unfortunately the team is having a hard time reproducing the issue. Also, does it happen on all tables or just certain ones?
                              Here's a clip showing the problem.

It seems to be just the pinball table that keeps adjusting/shifting in 3D space and not the surrounding room. I tried capturing from an angle that shows the problem. What isn't showing in the video is I'm leaning against a wall and staying perfectly still. Notice the floor stays fairly still while the table does micro jumps/shifts. Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...