Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Need help. Just bought a table, so where is it?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5

    Default Need help. Just bought a table, so where is it?

    Ok I only now, HOURS later got a receipt from the app store. Pay pal took seconds, apple took hours.
    So I HAVE purchased one of the two south park tables.

    WHERE DO I FIND IT????????
    When I go to look in the game under restore my purchases, I'm prompted to log in with my apple id. TWICE.
    Then absolutely nothing happens. Turn on the game again, and if I look under all my games the only one showing up is the free one. NOT the one I purchased.

    This is very frustrating and I hoped to have this working BEFORE Christmas. I could have driven to another county and bought a game faster than this. NO help to be found (right before Christmas, not really expecting it.)

    I can say this much, this is the last time. And if this doesn't get resolved on Monday I'll contact pay pal, reverse the charge, and that's it for me. What should have taken a few minutes just isn't worth the hassle.
    Last edited by artmaker; 12-24-2016 at 03:07 AM. Reason: additional info

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    798

    Default

    It's normal to get an app store receipt hours later or even the next day. Cuts down on the number of emails if you buy a bunch of stuff within a short time span.

    Regarding the South Park table did you actually go to the main menu and click the South Park icon. Your table should be available to play if you downloaded it. Disregard the fact that the South Park icon is greyed out. The main icons only light up if you buy all the tables within the category. I know it's stupid and confusing, and I have told Zen so.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    It's normal to get an app store receipt hours later or even the next day. Cuts down on the number of emails if you buy a bunch of stuff within a short time span.

    Regarding the South Park table did you actually go to the main menu and click the South Park icon. Your table should be available to play if you downloaded it. Disregard the fact that the South Park icon is greyed out. The main icons only light up if you buy all the tables within the category. I know it's stupid and confusing, and I have told Zen so.
    First, YES that's stupid and confusing. But ok, I tried. I'm immediately asked again if I want to buy it and to log into the app store.
    I DID buy it. Got receipts now both from pay pal and the app store. SO I backed out.
    Also now just clicking on the game I'm prompted to sign into the app store. That didn't happen until I bought this dumb thing.
    Gotta cancel out and try again, then it loads.

    Just tossing this out there, but apple has been going down hill since we lost Steve Jobbs. Wouldn't it be easier to just sell this directly off zen's own site? Click, pay, download, install… done.

    PS… what else is really stupid is how I can't post until I answer what the ocean is filled with EVERY SINGLE TIME!
    I've been using forums since the mid 90s. THIS is really dumb. ONCE yea, when logging in to prevent bots.
    But with every post? Come on. Get that off!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Looks like you didn't download the table when you initially purchased the table. When you click the table and the game prompts you to buy the table again, go ahead and reenter your itunes password. And no, you will not get charged twice. After you enter your password, you will get a message saying you already purchased the iap and it will prompt you to download the table for free. Alternatively, you can just click the restore purchases button (looks like a shopping cart). Enter your password and it should download your table.

    By the way which platform are you on, iOS or Mac? It sounds like you are getting a lot extra prompts for your password. As a last resort you can try deleting the app, reinstall it, and then redownload your table. That has occasionally helped me in the past.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5

    Default

    update; Apple sent a refund. Really didn't expect them to respond so fast right before Christmas but they did.
    They also sent a link to another section in this forum I didn't find before. Seems a LOT of people had the same problem.
    And I read one fix is to totally remove the game, redownload it, start over.

    Know what? Screw that. I'm done.

    Now if anyone has the ear of ZEN this is what needs to change.
    INSTRUCTIONS…… Exactly HOW your game gets installed and if you need to remove and reinstall it needs to be clearly spelled out somewhere. Not make people go nuts trying to figure this out.

    And figure out a smoother way to add new content. I'd probably be adding quite a few for only a few bucks each.
    But…. this isn't baseball. You don't get three strikes. I tried once, it never worked, got my bucks back and that's that.

    So… that's it for me. I'm enjoying the heck out of my free pinball game. But all the other ones will just have to stay there.
    I'm not big on frustration.

    BTW… mac user, (someone asked somewhere. Been reading through a few threads.)

    Merry Christmas…. happy holidays, happy new year.

    C'ya.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Well, that will teach me to try and help someone. I don't think I will go out my way to help people troubleshoot issues anymore. Everyone is so ungrateful.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Looks like you didn't download the table when you initially purchased the table. When you click the table and the game prompts you to buy the table again, go ahead and reenter your itunes password. And no, you will not get charged twice. After you enter your password, you will get a message saying you already purchased the iap and it will prompt you to download the table for free. Alternatively, you can just click the restore purchases button (looks like a shopping cart). Enter your password and it should download your table.

    By the way which platform are you on, iOS or Mac? It sounds like you are getting a lot extra prompts for your password. As a last resort you can try deleting the app, reinstall it, and then redownload your table. That has occasionally helped me in the past.
    First off, I'm not ungrateful for the help. Honest.

    But just look at the instructions here. Not your fault, you didn't build the app store. But look, it's ridiculous.
    "Game prompts you to buy the table again?" Do you shop at a store, but before you can leave you have to check out again?
    See how silly that sounds? I checked out. The app store doesn't say thank you or anything. I had to open a new window, check my email, find the pay pal receipt just to know I actually did check out. Nothing downloaded. No instructions as to how to get it to download. How would anyone in their right mind know to check out a second time? If it didn't work the first time, why would I pay to see if maybe possibly it will work the second time? Do you put money in a vending machine, nothing comes out, then do you put more in???? Or just kick it, say a few choice words, and go somewhere else?

    "Alternatively, you can just click the restore purchases button (looks like a shopping cart). Enter your password and it should download your table. "
    Guessing you mean in the game. Tried it. I get the log in to the app store thing, I log in, get it again, log in again, and everything just goes poof gone. Game quits, no apps or store loads. Nothing. Looking at my desktop.
    Relaunch the game, try again, log in again, only to MAYBE do the same thing or get "no tables to restore."

    This is just nuts. It needs to be fixed. I bought and paid for the new table. Probably would buy a few more as well but not with all this back and forth, log in, again and again, nothing happens. Only days after the fact do I get a receipt from the app store or find out information in forums here that removing, redownloading, reinstalling the game from scratch MIGHT fix it.
    And how would anyone know this without sifting through forum posts?

    I do appreciate the attempt to lay out walk arounds. But it shouldn't need to be this way. I really think zen would do better to just offer their products directly off their site. The app store is a disorganized nightmare. Has been for a long time.
    And clearly it doesn't work.

    Oh well. Life goes on. We have more than enough fun stuff to do here.
    Cheers. Merry Christmas.

  8. #8

    Default

    The main icons only light up if you buy all the tables within the category. I know it's stupid and confusing, and I have told Zen so.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter765 View Post
    hey there... I was also suffering from this problem. I firstly thought that all my money got lost. But thanks to you, I tried with your way and finally I am able to track my order and no money extra money required to pay.
    Wow this is old. Forgot I even had this game.

    But... Zen needs to know. Personally I can't even use the app store. I log in and out of sites all the time and have been since the 90s. But APPLE is the single, one and only place I ALWAYS have issues just logging in. Every time I have to call apple, go around endless circles of voicemail, hope to land with a human and reset everything all over and be sure to copy my password on a text file because they demand one that looks like a cat danced on my keys. Sick of it. Then the app store is such a disorganized mess with no real way to search for anything,
    I just don't need it. Almost never use it. (I can count on the fingers of one hand how many apps I have.)

    Zen you need to make your stuff available on some other platform. Use the app store if you like, but sell directly somewhere too.
    Or no sale from me. And I'd have bought a bunch of these too. The main game I have is awesome. Like playing real pinball.
    BUT it's just not worth the hassle attempting to get the downloads from the miserable app store.
    So sale lost.

    If you ever choose to fix this by all means, admins I'm sure can contact me.
    Otherwise, nice game. I'll only have the one.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artmaker View Post
    Wow this is old. Forgot I even had this game.

    But... Zen needs to know. Personally I can't even use the app store. I log in and out of sites all the time and have been since the 90s. But APPLE is the single, one and only place I ALWAYS have issues just logging in. Every time I have to call apple, go around endless circles of voicemail, hope to land with a human and reset everything all over and be sure to copy my password on a text file because they demand one that looks like a cat danced on my keys. Sick of it. Then the app store is such a disorganized mess with no real way to search for anything,
    I just don't need it. Almost never use it. (I can count on the fingers of one hand how many apps I have.)

    Zen you need to make your stuff available on some other platform. Use the app store if you like, but sell directly somewhere too.
    Or no sale from me. And I'd have bought a bunch of these too. The main game I have is awesome. Like playing real pinball.
    BUT it's just not worth the hassle attempting to get the downloads from the miserable app store.
    So sale lost.

    If you ever choose to fix this by all means, admins I'm sure can contact me.
    Otherwise, nice game. I'll only have the one.
    Hey... I am really thankful for your consideration. I am looking forward to know more about it from you. please guide me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •