Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doofmaczemy
    • Dec 2010

Skipping frames? - help!

So I just bought a new Galaxy S7 and figured it could handle Zen Pinball, but apparently not consistently. So far I've bought about five tables, but I am stopping right there, considering what's happened.

Up until now (a few weeks), everything played at a smooth 60fps. But the other day, every table had frame rate problems that were so bad that everything was unplayable. I'm talking like, 15-20 frames per second or less. What causes that? How do I prevent it? Is this an issue that might be caused by signing in to Google Play? Or is that a non-issue? I mean seriously, it's just a ball rolling around on a frikking 2D surface... It's not like there is tons of action going on all at once, like you would find in a FPS, for example. And this is an S7 running Marshmallow!!
    Last edited by doofmaczemy; 01-15-2017, 09:10 PM.
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by doofmaczemy
    So I just bought a new Galaxy S7 and figured it could handle Zen Pinball, but apparently not consistently. So far I've bought about five tables, but I am stopping right there, considering what's happened.

Up until now (a few weeks), everything played at a smooth 60fps. But the other day, every table had frame rate problems that were so bad that everything was unplayable. I'm talking like, 15-20 frames per second or less. What causes that? How do I prevent it? Is this an issue that might be caused by signing in to Google Play? Or is that a non-issue? I mean seriously, it's just a ball rolling around on a frikking 2D surface... It's not like there is tons of action going on all at once, like you would find in a FPS, for example. And this is an S7 running Marshmallow!!
    I have an S7 edge and I haven't seen this issue before. I don't think it has anything to do with being signed into Google Play, but let me know if signing out makes any difference for you. Have you tried reinstalling the app? Once reinstalled, tap the shopping cart icon to restore your tables. Let me know how it goes.

Comment

• barryflash2727
      Banned
      • Sep 2018

I have been facing this issue on my iphone too i even tried reinstalling the app but still stuck with these issues

Comment

• Cloda
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2010

I can also add to this. At some point, while playing the Back to the Future table on Zen Pinball 2 on my Macbook Pro, the frame-rate suddenly dropped in the middle of a game and it became quite unplayable. I quite the game and opened it again but the frame-rate was still really low. It only returned to normal after I restarted the Mac. I played a longish session after that and the frame-rate drop issue luckily didn't occur again.
        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Working...