Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markedman54
    • Jan 2017

Local high scores not saving *need support*

Many of the tables are not saving the local high scores. I play this game typically on multiplayer/hot seat, and when u get high scores u enter your initials. As soon as the game is turned off the high scores reset. I don't think all the tables do it. Han solo and alien vs predator are two examples of tables doing this. I have nit changed any of the default setting in the menus. And have tried clearing the cache, no help. Is there something I can do or is this a programming thing? Please help
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Markedman54
    Many of the tables are not saving the local high scores. I play this game typically on multiplayer/hot seat, and when u get high scores u enter your initials. As soon as the game is turned off the high scores reset. I don't think all the tables do it. Han solo and alien vs predator are two examples of tables doing this. I have nit changed any of the default setting in the menus. And have tried clearing the cache, no help. Is there something I can do or is this a programming thing? Please help
    Let me check with the team on this one and I will get back to you

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2012

A couple of questions:

- Do all the tables behave the similarly? If not, please give us a list of the ones that do save the local highscore and of those that don’t – as many as possible.
      - Do any of the options behave similarly? eg. change the volume levels or turn on/off Arcade FX in the settings. Upon saving, exiting, then reloading the game, are they reset to the original setting or did they keep the recently set values?

Comment

• Markedman54
        • Jan 2017

Thanks for your help,

Here are some more tables that aren't saving high scores. None of the ones I've tested have saved them.

South Park Super Sweet Pinball
        Infinity Gauntlet
        Fantastic Four
        Force Awakens
        Alien Isolation
        Tesla
        Moon Knight
        Rome
        Walking Dead

Some of the tables I have do have my high scores on them. I'm guessing the scores are old. Because only the "older" tables have them. But these tables won't save any new scores.

I changed the music volume and turned off the arcade FX (that was different And that worked. When I exited the game and started again. The options had the modifications I made.

I'll keep checking more tables. I can also figure which tables do have my scores on them and which ones have only the default scores.

Comment

• Markedman54
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
          A couple of questions:

- Do all the tables behave the similarly? If not, please give us a list of the ones that do save the local highscore and of those that don’t – as many as possible.
          - Do any of the options behave similarly? eg. change the volume levels or turn on/off Arcade FX in the settings. Upon saving, exiting, then reloading the game, are they reset to the original setting or did they keep the recently set values?
          So I deleted the entire game off the x-box and re-downloaded. No luck.
          I did copy the local high score save file from the hard drive. The re-downloaded game does not create a local high score save file.
          These are the games I tried since re-downloading it that did not save the scores.

Return of the Jedi
          Butters
          Spider-Man

Not sure what else I can do. Thanks again.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

So I deleted the entire game off the x-box and re-downloaded. No luck.
            I did copy the local high score save file from the hard drive. The re-downloaded game does not create a local high score save file.
            These are the games I tried since re-downloading it that did not save the scores.

Return of the Jedi
            Butters
            Spider-Man

Not sure what else I can do. Thanks again.
            Locate this save file: X360 Dashboard -> Settings -> System -> Storage -> Hard Drive -> Games and Apps -> Pinball FX2 -> Local Highscores
            And move it to an external storage device: Press 'A' button on the Local Highscores file, select "Move" from the menu then select the desired storage device.

Launch the game again and see if local highscores are now saved.

Comment

• Markedman54
              • Jan 2017

Locate this save file: X360 Dashboard -> Settings -> System -> Storage -> Hard Drive -> Games and Apps -> Pinball FX2 -> Local Highscores
              And move it to an external storage device: Press 'A' button on the Local Highscores file, select "Move" from the menu then select the desired storage device.

Launch the game again and see if local highscores are now saved.
              I placed the old local high score save file on a thumb drive, as, the redownloaded game won't create one. No luck. I tried selecting both storage devices when the game asks. The hard drive aND the thumb drive. Neither would save new high scores, but both could read them.

I tried these games
              Pasha
              The clone wars

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

I placed the old local high score save file on a thumb drive, as, the redownloaded game won't create one. No luck. I tried selecting both storage devices when the game asks. The hard drive aND the thumb drive. Neither would save new high scores, but both could read them.

I tried these games
                Pasha
                The clone wars
                Thanks for letting me know, I'll see what the team suggests next.

Comment

• Markedman54
                  • Jan 2017

Thanks for letting me know, I'll see what the team suggests next.
                  Any news on this?

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Feb 2012

Any news on this?
                    Will check!

Comment

• Markedman54
                      • Jan 2017

Will check!
                      This get figured out yet?

Comment

• Markedman54
                        • Jan 2017

Will check!
                        Can you confirm if local high scores work on the ps4 version and on the upcoming fx3. We love playing this game (It's the only game the family will play that doesn't have Mario lol). But not keeping track of everyone's high scores takes some of the fun out of pinball. I'm sure everyone can agree on that. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...