Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Nudging options compared to Zen Pinball 2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    10

    Default Nudging options compared to Zen Pinball 2

    Not sure if zen staff read this forum (I'm new so haven't looked around enough to know). I've sent zen an email but will ask here in case I don't get a response to the email and staff instead see this here.

    Playing on a PS4 Pro, I've noticed that in Zen Pinball 2, nudging can be changed to controller movement to be the nudge. It's called 'Motion Sensor Function' in the controller menu (it uses the accelerometers in the controller). But in PinballFX2 VR it's not an option. At the moment the only options are left stick or Dpad. Can 'Motion Sensor Function' be added to PFX2 VR as an option to a future update??

    The reason is I'm building a 'PinSim' version for the PS4 VR and the controller board that allows me to assign PS buttons to modded buttons only allows 4 buttons (so it's not going to look like the pc version of a PinSim as seen in another thread on here (Pinball FX2 VR + VR pin cabinet = best virtual pinball experience ever!). So far I've assigned (1st btn) left Flipper to L1, (2nd btn) Right Flipper to R1, (3rd btn) for screen drift to square and (4th btn) the 4th button is actually a mercury switch for nudging, wired up and assigned to UP on the dpad because I couldn't assign it to the left toggle UP.

    This all works fine, but...

    If in an update you allow assigning nudge to the controller, this will free up a button to hopefully be used as a plunger.

    So... how 'bout it Zen? Is this doable from your end?

    Here's the link to the current build: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...-amp-Real-Pins (Mods, please delete this link if I'm not allowed to post a link to another forum)

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Not sure if zen staff read this forum (I'm new so haven't looked around enough to know). I've sent zen an email but will ask here in case I don't get a response to the email and staff instead see this here.

    Playing on a PS4 Pro, I've noticed that in Zen Pinball 2, nudging can be changed to controller movement to be the nudge. It's called 'Motion Sensor Function' in the controller menu (it uses the accelerometers in the controller). But in PinballFX2 VR it's not an option. At the moment the only options are left stick or Dpad. Can 'Motion Sensor Function' be added to PFX2 VR as an option to a future update??

    The reason is I'm building a 'PinSim' version for the PS4 VR and the controller board that allows me to assign PS buttons to modded buttons only allows 4 buttons (so it's not going to look like the pc version of a PinSim as seen in another thread on here (Pinball FX2 VR + VR pin cabinet = best virtual pinball experience ever!). So far I've assigned (1st btn) left Flipper to L1, (2nd btn) Right Flipper to R1, (3rd btn) for screen drift to square and (4th btn) the 4th button is actually a mercury switch for nudging, wired up and assigned to UP on the dpad because I couldn't assign it to the left toggle UP.

    This all works fine, but...

    If in an update you allow assigning nudge to the controller, this will free up a button to hopefully be used as a plunger.

    So... how 'bout it Zen? Is this doable from your end?

    Here's the link to the current build: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...-amp-Real-Pins (Mods, please delete this link if I'm not allowed to post a link to another forum)
    Thanks for the suggestions - I will be sure to send this to the team.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions - I will be sure to send this to the team.
    Thanks Barbie. Bobby replied to my email so he/she is also onto it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Thanks Barbie. Bobby replied to my email so he/she is also onto it.
    Same person! Barbie/Bobbie handles all of the CS. Whether you email or post on these boards, she's on it.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Oops! sorry, didn't realise it was the same person.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    10

    Default

    @BarbieBobomb, I know it's only been about 3 weeks and I'm not expecting this to be done already, but have you at least heard back from the team whether this is doable and possibly how long it would take if doable??

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    @BarbieBobomb, I know it's only been about 3 weeks and I'm not expecting this to be done already, but have you at least heard back from the team whether this is doable and possibly how long it would take if doable??
    I have not, sorry. If anything changes, I will let you know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •