X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cornholio
    Banned
    • Feb 2017

Nudging options compared to Zen Pinball 2

Not sure if zen staff read this forum (I'm new so haven't looked around enough to know). I've sent zen an email but will ask here in case I don't get a response to the email and staff instead see this here.

Playing on a PS4 Pro, I've noticed that in Zen Pinball 2, nudging can be changed to controller movement to be the nudge. It's called 'Motion Sensor Function' in the controller menu (it uses the accelerometers in the controller). But in PinballFX2 VR it's not an option. At the moment the only options are left stick or Dpad. Can 'Motion Sensor Function' be added to PFX2 VR as an option to a future update??

The reason is I'm building a 'PinSim' version for the PS4 VR and the controller board that allows me to assign PS buttons to modded buttons only allows 4 buttons (so it's not going to look like the pc version of a PinSim as seen in another thread on here (Pinball FX2 VR + VR pin cabinet = best virtual pinball experience ever!). So far I've assigned (1st btn) left Flipper to L1, (2nd btn) Right Flipper to R1, (3rd btn) for screen drift to square and (4th btn) the 4th button is actually a mercury switch for nudging, wired up and assigned to UP on the dpad because I couldn't assign it to the left toggle UP.

This all works fine, but...

If in an update you allow assigning nudge to the controller, this will free up a button to hopefully be used as a plunger.

So... how 'bout it Zen? Is this doable from your end?

Here's the link to the current build: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...-amp-Real-Pins (Mods, please delete this link if I'm not allowed to post a link to another forum)
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Cornholio
    Not sure if zen staff read this forum (I'm new so haven't looked around enough to know). I've sent zen an email but will ask here in case I don't get a response to the email and staff instead see this here.

Playing on a PS4 Pro, I've noticed that in Zen Pinball 2, nudging can be changed to controller movement to be the nudge. It's called 'Motion Sensor Function' in the controller menu (it uses the accelerometers in the controller). But in PinballFX2 VR it's not an option. At the moment the only options are left stick or Dpad. Can 'Motion Sensor Function' be added to PFX2 VR as an option to a future update??

The reason is I'm building a 'PinSim' version for the PS4 VR and the controller board that allows me to assign PS buttons to modded buttons only allows 4 buttons (so it's not going to look like the pc version of a PinSim as seen in another thread on here (Pinball FX2 VR + VR pin cabinet = best virtual pinball experience ever!). So far I've assigned (1st btn) left Flipper to L1, (2nd btn) Right Flipper to R1, (3rd btn) for screen drift to square and (4th btn) the 4th button is actually a mercury switch for nudging, wired up and assigned to UP on the dpad because I couldn't assign it to the left toggle UP.

This all works fine, but...

If in an update you allow assigning nudge to the controller, this will free up a button to hopefully be used as a plunger.

So... how 'bout it Zen? Is this doable from your end?

Here's the link to the current build: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...-amp-Real-Pins (Mods, please delete this link if I'm not allowed to post a link to another forum)
    Thanks for the suggestions - I will be sure to send this to the team.

Comment

• Cornholio
      Banned
      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
      Thanks for the suggestions - I will be sure to send this to the team.
      Thanks Barbie. Bobby replied to my email so he/she is also onto it.

Comment

• shogun00
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2011

Thanks Barbie. Bobby replied to my email so he/she is also onto it.
        Same person! Barbie/Bobbie handles all of the CS. Whether you email or post on these boards, she's on it.

Comment

• Cornholio
          Banned
          • Feb 2017

Oops! sorry, didn't realise it was the same person.

Comment

• Cornholio
            Banned
            • Feb 2017

@BarbieBobomb, I know it's only been about 3 weeks and I'm not expecting this to be done already, but have you at least heard back from the team whether this is doable and possibly how long it would take if doable??

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
              Pinball Wizard
              • Feb 2012

@BarbieBobomb, I know it's only been about 3 weeks and I'm not expecting this to be done already, but have you at least heard back from the team whether this is doable and possibly how long it would take if doable??
              I have not, sorry. If anything changes, I will let you know.

Comment

• donsll
                • Apr 2018

Hi
                I am in the process of making a box the same width as a real pinball machine and I have taken apart my new razer panthera and designed a system for nudging that translates actual nudging to the control stick. In the end it will mimic an actual pinball machine. I will send the drawings out as soon as I work out the bugs

Comment

• Griffith
                  • Apr 2018

This is my low-budget version VR pin cabinet:
                  IMG_20180407_162433.jpg

and this is my system for nudging, along with the available options in the settings:
                  IMG_20180407_175801.jpg

Comment

• Cornholio
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2017

I ended up connecting a mercury switch (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-by-3-5...4AAOSws5pZHF0X) to the up wires of my joystick (dpad) on my PinSim (see here: https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...ll=1#post80416).

I also tried putting merc switches on the left and right dpads, but the switches are so sensitive (all 3 would activate at once and cause a tilt) that I ended up only using the up one to nudge up only.

I obviously had to set nudge to dpad in the settings.

Comment

• lysamari
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2018

Oh, interesting, the article is very meaningful and detailed, I hope you will have more interesting and more meaningful articles to share to readers, strange things about life. Thank you for sharing.
                      run 3

Comment

Working...