X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hunter328
    Pinball Wizard
    • Apr 2012

New Easiest Table?

I got the Women of Power pack a couple nights ago and am really digging it. So far I think both tables are great.
    Champions might get the prize now for easiest ZP2 table, which to me isn't a bad thing. I'd much rather have a table where it's easy to keep the ball in play than one where it's frustratingly difficult to establish any type of flow. I'm guessing it was designed that was as well, as on my first game on PS4 I hit a billion with the first ball and was surprised that Miss Marvel actually had a congratulatory line for doing just that.
    That hole is already occupied is my new favorite line in any table.
    A-Force is just as good too. I love how differently the two tables play. Often in table packs I find one table that stands out and one that I don't care for nearly as much (although all but a couple tables Zen has made I still find very fun). Very cool to have both be so good.

One thing I noticed playing Champions for the first time on PS4 last night after several games on the Vita was that the ball seemed to be slower on PS4. Im not sure if afte having played the table I was just used to it, or if it just seemed faster on Vita's small screen, but my first games on Vita the ball speed going down the inlanes really caught me off guard. Several times I had the ball just zip past me to drain before I'd react with the flippers before I got used to the speed. I didn't notice this at all though on PS4. Has anyone else played on both? If so, am I imagining this?

Anyway, thanks yet again for more great Pinball! You guys rock!
    sigpic
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by hunter328
    I got the Women of Power pack a couple nights ago and am really digging it. So far I think both tables are great.
    Champions might get the prize now for easiest ZP2 table, which to me isn't a bad thing. I'd much rather have a table where it's easy to keep the ball in play than one where it's frustratingly difficult to establish any type of flow. I'm guessing it was designed that was as well, as on my first game on PS4 I hit a billion with the first ball and was surprised that Miss Marvel actually had a congratulatory line for doing just that.
    That hole is already occupied is my new favorite line in any table.
    A-Force is just as good too. I love how differently the two tables play. Often in table packs I find one table that stands out and one that I don't care for nearly as much (although all but a couple tables Zen has made I still find very fun). Very cool to have both be so good.

One thing I noticed playing Champions for the first time on PS4 last night after several games on the Vita was that the ball seemed to be slower on PS4. Im not sure if afte having played the table I was just used to it, or if it just seemed faster on Vita's small screen, but my first games on Vita the ball speed going down the inlanes really caught me off guard. Several times I had the ball just zip past me to drain before I'd react with the flippers before I got used to the speed. I didn't notice this at all though on PS4. Has anyone else played on both? If so, am I imagining this?

Anyway, thanks yet again for more great Pinball! You guys rock!
    Thanks for the kind words! So glad you like these

I haven't noticed any major differences in speed but it is a pretty fast table all around.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 03-01-2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Croftanator
      Table Designer
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by hunter328
      If so, am I imagining this?
      Nope, you're not imagining it. If you watch closely when the ball reaches the end of the habitrail just before it reaches the inlane, it gets slowed down on PS4, but doesn't on Vita. It also used to be a problem on mobile devices, but they got patched I believe.

Glad you're enjoying them anyhow

Comment

• hunter328
        Pinball Wizard
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Croftanator
        Nope, you're not imagining it. If you watch closely when the ball reaches the end of the habitrail just before it reaches the inlane, it gets slowed down on PS4, but doesn't on Vita. It also used to be a problem on mobile devices, but they got patched I believe.

So is it supposed to get slowed down or was the slowing down what got patched out? Thanks
        sigpic

Comment

• Croftanator
          Table Designer
          • Oct 2011

Yeah, it should get slowed down - the PS4 version is how it should behave.

Comment

• flashingblade
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Croftanator

The fast inlanes are still a problem on mobile and have not been patched.

Comment

Working...