Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrazyTat2Chick
    • May 2017

PS4 Ball Glitch

Good day. I'm trying to find some info about a problem I'm having. I've searched the forum and not found what I am looking for.

The best way I can describe it is ball glitching.

It started on the Portal table. Randomly, the ball flow seems disjointed?... graphics aren't smooth. The ball will slow down and become spotty. Then it started happening more frequently. I just stopped playing the table, because it's hard to time things when the expected speed and weight of the ball changes without notice.

And it's happening on the Bethesda tables too. Skyrim mostly.

Then last night it happened on Fear Itself. Anyone who's played that table knows, it's not a table where spotty ball action can be tolerated. It's too complicated and fast moving to have to try to adjust for those kinds of changes. Its frequent to the point of expecting it not to flow well. I just quit.

When it was just Portal I thought, "well, maybe this table is glitchy." But now with multiple tables having the same problem, I'm wondering if it isn't the system I'm playing on, or maybe I need an update? I'm not a techy, I just play pinball. So I don't even know how to look for an update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-CrazyTat2Chick
  • Casio
    • Jun 2011

I would suggest uninstall and reinstall see if that helps.

Do other games play okay? If they also stutter it could be a hard drive or console issue.

Comment

• CrazyTat2Chick
      • May 2017

Originally posted by Casio
      I would suggest uninstall and reinstall see if that helps.

Do other games play okay? If they also stutter it could be a hard drive or console issue.
      I don't know if other games do it. The only thing I use my PS4 for is Zen pinball. My kids haven't mentioned anything. I narrowed it down to when the dot matrix shows a flashy message. I might try to reinstall. Probably wait for my old man, the IT guy to do it for me.

Thanks for the reply. We'll give that a try.

CrazyTat2Chick

Comment

• deep
        Table Designer
        • May 2011

Originally posted by CrazyTat2Chick
        I don't know if other games do it. The only thing I use my PS4 for is Zen pinball. My kids haven't mentioned anything. I narrowed it down to when the dot matrix shows a flashy message. I might try to reinstall. Probably wait for my old man, the IT guy to do it for me.

Thanks for the reply. We'll give that a try.

CrazyTat2Chick
        Can you upload a short video of the issue? Sounds weird, never saw anything like you described. Thanks!

Comment

Working...