Thread: Error on Launch need some help (d3d error)

Default Error on Launch need some help (d3d error)

Hi Pinball FX community,

I have an issue and for some reason I cannot get Pinball FX 2 to run, I've searched this error on the forum but so far I've come up empty. What I find odd is I can run the windows 10 version without issue but for some reason the steam version keeps throwing the below error. I attempted to manually specify the monitor resolution through launch options as well as trying to use the dx9 launch options. I've also tried a lower resolution and nothing seems to be working. I'm running windows 10 64 bit with 8GB RAM i3.

Capture.JPG

Default Pinball FX2 Steam Not Launching on Win10 x64 Pc

Hello...I have been having problems launching PFX2. I don't get any error messages. After clicking the launch button, the screen flashes 2 or 3 times then reverts back to "Ready to play" screen. Reinstall Steam, Pinball FX2 app, Updated drivers. Then I noticed my Retrak BT Game controller shows up twice in controller detection tab. I tried removing 1 but both are removed. Rebooted and reinstalled the controller with same results. How do I get rid of the "ghost controller"? What resolutions are supported?
    Any log files to send? Thank you, Bob.

HP Pavilion HPE Pc Model# H81230
    Win10 Pro x64, AMD FX6120 @ 3.5Mhz
    10Gb DDR3 RAM, 2TB WD Hard drive,
    Nvidia Geforce GT 620, Beats Audio on board sound.