Thread: Best controller?

Default Best controller?

Which hardware controller would anyone recommend for playing pinball? I am running Zen Pinball 2 on an iMac under MacOs 10.12.5.
    Could be USB or Bluetooth connected.

Hey Sean,

I consulted our iOS and Mac developer about the issue, and he said that when we released the Mac version of the game Apple did not have controller support at all, and since then we did not include this feature in the game. He said you could try out the Steelseries controller which is reccommended for Mac, but we're not sure it would work.

We're gonna add this to the to-do list, maybe we'll get around to this sometime in the future.

I counseled our iOS and mac engineer about the issue and he said that when we discharged the mac rendition of the diversion apple did not have controller bolster at all and from that point forward we did exclude this element in the amusement...
    I love those who can smile in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTheFlute View Post
    Which hardware controller would anyone recommend for playing pinball? I am running Zen Pinball 2 on an iMac under MacOs 10.12.5.
    Could be USB or Bluetooth connected.
    I use a free app called Enjoyable to map keyboard strokes / keys to my XBox One Controller (wired but bluetooth should also work). I had to play around with key combinations e.g. couldn't use both shifts for flippers because they sometimes interfered with each other but in the end it works well (pm me if you want my configuration / key mapping file for Enjoyable. What you won't have is rumble feedback as well as analogue control e.g. on the trigger buttons and the sticks, which would be of great benefit for playing Zen Pinball 2, especially for all the little trick shots. Anyway, it works well.

It would be awesome if Zen could implement it natively for the Mac as it would greatly enhance the gameplay. There are drivers for Xbox 360 / One controllers for mac that allow you to use it on games that have controller support but as McLovin said it does not have controller support yet.
    Last edited by Cloda; 11-01-2018 at 09:43 AM.
    Williams Pinball: Volume 1 - Classic Arcade scores (Wizard Mode and/or Achievement)

FT - 241.1M (1); GW - 538M (1); JY - 99.7M (1); MM - 376M (1)

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread