Thread: Pinball FX3 IS COMING SOON!

Default Pinball FX3 IS COMING SOON!

Everyone, it is my explicit pleasure to tell you Pinball FX3 is real and it is coming soon! I just can’t describe the excitement we feel here at Zen Studios to finally be able to tell you about this! We’ve been working on this for a long time and we are proud the day has come for this announcement.

We would like to make PFX 3 a big community experience so Multiplayer has got a big shake-up too. I’m talking Tournaments (it’s back!), Matchup, a League system - you name it.

We’ve packed Pinball FX3 with a lot of cool new features. In Single Player we have new game modes focusing on making you a better pinball player with specific goals etc, where you can learn a lot about the workings of your favorite tables, and climb the leaderboards with this knowledge.

Please check out the announcement on our blog: https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=7037

Also check out the site: https://www.pinballfx.com/
    Last edited by McLovin; 06-28-2017 at 04:02 PM.

PBFX3 is said to be on PS4 too, does that mean that the name "Zen Pinball" is let out to unify all platform around the "Pinball FX" name ? (Don't know if my english is clear...)
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Thumbs up

Can't wait! Now the waiting game begins!
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Hi Zen...

Couple of questions if thats ok...

Will cabinet support still be available with PFX3?

And also, does PFX3 mean a change to ball physics etc, or is it to be the same as PFX2?

Thanks Zen

And... Will we be able to import our current PS4 ZP2 tables into FX3 on the PS4?

Quote Originally Posted by tfhfony View Post
    And... Will we be able to import our current PS4 ZP2 tables into FX3 on the PS4?
    Yes absolutely! There may be a few tables that will become unavailable due to licensing issues, but we'll inform you of the exact table composition in due time.

On PS4 what happens to Pinball FX2 (PSVR)? Does it remain standalone - or does Pinball FX3 have a vr mode?

Default Very interested in the answer to the Cabinet Question as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Hi Zen...

Couple of questions if thats ok...

Will cabinet support still be available with PFX3?

And also, does PFX3 mean a change to ball physics etc, or is it to be the same as PFX2?

Thanks Zen
    Cabinet Support is great in FX2. Hope that doesnt change...

Not much time to react in depth now.
    I just wanted to say...H*ll yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    PBFX3 is said to be on PS4 too, does that mean that the name "Zen Pinball" is let out to unify all platform around the "Pinball FX" name ? (Don't know if my english is clear...)
    The answer is yes, we will unite all platforms under the Pinball FX3 name.

Default Can't wait!

Just got the email announcement. Really looking forward to this as my cab is built and I've been playing FX2 exclusively on it.

I'm assuming this wont be coming to tablets then? Either way day one upgrade on Xbox for me - ive 100% of the tables so will be sad to lose some (assuming Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden most likely candidates to have expired license given how long ago they came out - potentially South Park, PVZ and Walking Dead tables too).

Awesome.

Will we be able to adjust the lighting on the tables?

Such as adjusting the lighting on lower play field, mid play field, upper play field, bloom effects?

Adjusting from natural lighting to dim barroom/pub lighting, then being able to adjust lighting on the three play fields etc. From dull as if the lights need changed to bright/vivid. Soft, warm, cool, crisp, sharp etc. (think tv)

Maybe on the Zen originals changing the lighting color from blues to reds, to greens to yellows to purples...whatever color the heart desires from gradient, or hex color sliders or some such. Or if the licensed tables tables are on board to have default lighting and colors to be toggled this would be great too.

Basically a myriad of lighting options to customize.

The above would be absolutely great. But if its just as simple as Pinball Arcade that would be good.

I thought this day would never come...

Will cab support continue zen? Only reason I ask is that if its not, I'd hate to switch on my cab fully loaded with Zen 2 and find suddenly everything has updated and is no longer playable on the cab. Thought it worth asking just in case. Cheers.

Take your time with the Steam version. FX2 has frame-timing problems since release and never have been fixed even though multiple people reported the problems, especially with reflections enable. And these reflections are ugly compared to Xbox One version.

Anyway, this is great news! (and please don't abandon Pinball FX 2 VR, want more tables!!)

Default Awesome news....

Since retiring my Wii U I haven't been able to play Pinball FX.. I don't play on my PC. You've hinted at a Nintendo Switch version.... I really hope that happens. Being able to play at Home/Train/Lunchtime at work.... heaven. Please make it happen. Fave tables: Spiderman, MARS, Blade, Pasha & Street Fighter 2. Although not been on in a while... seems like loads of Tables I haven't tried especially on FX2...

Good luck I look forward to a 'Switch' announcement... fingers crossed.. LOL

Is it still going to crash every single time I get a new highscore?

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
    Awesome.

Will we be able to adjust the lighting on the tables?

Such as adjusting the lighting on lower play field, mid play field, upper play field, bloom effects?

Adjusting from natural lighting to dim barroom/pub lighting, then being able to adjust lighting on the three play fields etc. From dull as if the lights need changed to bright/vivid. Soft, warm, cool, crisp, sharp etc. (think tv)

Maybe on the Zen originals changing the lighting color from blues to reds, to greens to yellows to purples...whatever color the heart desires from gradient, or hex color sliders or some such. Or if the licensed tables tables are on board to have default lighting and colors to be toggled this would be great too.

Basically a myriad of lighting options to customize.

The above would be absolutely great. But if its just as simple as Pinball Arcade that would be good.
    This is a very interesting suggestion! I'll make sure to mention it to the developers!

Quote Originally Posted by robthehermit View Post
    Is it still going to crash every single time I get a new highscore?
    Hopefully not!

This is interesting news. Looking forward to hear more news on features and new tables.

I assume we will be getting multiple trophies per table again since w have a clean slate.

I should probably know this as much as I have played ZP2 but what is a cabinet? Not sure I ever set one up. I mostly go after the trophies!

Quote Originally Posted by djb5f View Post
    I should probably know this as much as I have played ZP2 but what is a cabinet? Not sure I ever set one up. I mostly go after the trophies!
    I'm sure some could answer better than I. there are some that can make Cabinets designed like a real pinball machine So you can have a bit more control or have an actual pinball experience.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    I'm sure some could answer better than I. there are some that can make Cabinets designed like a real pinball machine So you can have a bit more control or have an actual pinball experience.
    Pinball.jpg

Zen kindly added cab support a while back so if you have a home built cab or multi monitor setup, you can add a bit of 'gameplay realism'. Its a great feature...just hoping it will be added with FX3...

What about VR, since PinballFx VR every "2d" pinball sucks

I've noticed in the FAQ that Pinball FX3 is getting new tables "based on properties from a brand new partner". Are those the tables in the trailer? Because they look like original creations. or have they not been shown yet?

Default Thanks for FX3

Looking forward to this new release and yes, I admit it is truly welcome on the multiplayer aspect.
    I have all your tables on PS4 Pro as well all your tables on PSVR, hopefully you are considering PSVR within the project itself as you guys rock, best tables thus far.

Wish you all the best and you have my continued support.

Thanks ZEN team 😊

Cheers,

Thumbs up

Pinball.jpg

Zen kindly added cab support a while back so if you have a home built cab or multi monitor setup, you can add a bit of 'gameplay realism'. Its a great feature...just hoping it will be added with FX3...
    This is just wow, can you give me details on how one goes about of creating this cabinet / physical pinball? Plans, curious on how much it costs and so on. I'm very interested in this.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    This is just wow, can you give me details on how one goes about of creating this cabinet / physical pinball? Plans, curious on how much it costs and so on. I'm very interested in this.

Thanks in advance.
    As far as cabs go, mines quite basic, as some cabs contain all sorts of fancy flashing lights, vibrating motors etc. But what I like about mine is that it works flawlessly with Zen Pinball and Wild West Rampage is a favourite of mine so I chose that as the graphics...with Zens permission too, which was extremely kind.

I filmed the whole build and put it up on YouTube...just search for SMUGWOOD and you'll find it. I can't say that how I built it was the best or only way...but it does the job.

Cab support is a great addition from Zen and makes gameplay much more fun I think. There's still room for improvement but it's a breeze to setup and you can't get much closer to the real feel of pinball than having 3 screens all working in tandem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
    I've noticed in the FAQ that Pinball FX3 is getting new tables "based on properties from a brand new partner". Are those the tables in the trailer? Because they look like original creations. or have they not been shown yet?
    We haven't shown those yet!

This'll be really generic I know, but we'll specify VR details a bit later!

Any update on when it comes out?
    Tick Tick Tick.

There seems to be a 3-5 day time gap on the internets between Budapest and the rest of the world so expect your reply sometime middle/end of the week. (Never on weekends)

We'll have announcements in due time, stay tuned this week!

are you at Gamescom? Just curious. At any rate, I don't have the itch to play at the moment until PBFX3 is released. Since all the tables will be tweaked with active slings and such there's no reason to play other than the tables that aren't being ported over. Where's the BTTF trailer?

Default south park :(

Hi I'm disappointed that south park tables wont be available in fx3 , is that a final thing , or will at some stage they will be available again

Quote Originally Posted by braaains View Post
    Hi I'm disappointed that south park tables wont be available in fx3 , is that a final thing , or will at some stage they will be available again
    We are super bummed out about them as well. It'll be final I think :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Tenor View Post
    are you at Gamescom? Just curious. At any rate, I don't have the itch to play at the moment until PBFX3 is released. Since all the tables will be tweaked with active slings and such there's no reason to play other than the tables that aren't being ported over. Where's the BTTF trailer?
    It'll be the last one we release for the Universal Classics Pack

As far as cabs go, mines quite basic, as some cabs contain all sorts of fancy flashing lights, vibrating motors etc. But what I like about mine is that it works flawlessly with Zen Pinball and Wild West Rampage is a favourite of mine so I chose that as the graphics...with Zens permission too, which was extremely kind.

I filmed the whole build and put it up on YouTube...just search for SMUGWOOD and you'll find it. I can't say that how I built it was the best or only way...but it does the job.

Cab support is a great addition from Zen and makes gameplay much more fun I think. There's still room for improvement but it's a breeze to setup and you can't get much closer to the real feel of pinball than having 3 screens all working in tandem.
    That's an absolutely gorgeous Cab. Super well done. Im just curious, and ya, I get it your part of the community, but if your not making money with your toy why would you need permission to use graphics which are readily available online? Super nice design.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    We'll have announcements in due time, stay tuned this week!
    This was couple of weeks ago - did we get a release date?

Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    That's an absolutely gorgeous Cab. Super well done. Im just curious, and ya, I get it your part of the community, but if your not making money with your toy why would you need permission to use graphics which are readily available online? Super nice design.
    Probably the way I worded it wasn't the best...yeah, the graphics are available online, but not in the format I needed. Printing off the online files at the size I wanted probably wouldn't be at a quality I would be happy with. Plus, resizing them to the size and shape I needed wouldn't work. I contacted Zen and they were kind enough to provide me with images I needed to create what you see on my machine. The files were huge...my computer really struggled with the editing...crashing on nearly every save due to the files being so huge...but eventually I was able to piece together the image you see on the machine. Zen were super helpful and something I'm really greatful for...helped transform my machine. I was fortunate with wanting WWR...it belongs to Zen. They couldn't have done the same for others, like Star Wars etc, as that isn't theirs to give...so I was really lucky as WWR is, in my opinion, one of the best games they've done and the graphics are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    This was couple of weeks ago - did we get a release date?
    September 26th!

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    September 26th!
    Awesome - looking forward to it!
    Last edited by PainkillerJTL; 09-06-2017 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling mistake